Cast: Edie Campbell

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

The Party

Photographer: Inez & Vinoodh
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Hair: Ward Stegerhoek
Makeup: Fulvia Farolfi
Manicure: Riwako Kobayashi
Cast: Shanelle Nyasiase, Anok Yai, Alton Mason, Ajak Deng, Marjan Jonkman, Cory Alexander, Freja Beha Erichsen, Kiki Willems, Jack Powers, Eva Dolezalova, Lady ***, Adam Selman, Rebecca Leigh Longendyke, Vivienne Rohner, Dara Allen, Martine Gutierrez, Asia Chow

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

My problem with Vogue Paris is that every month the whole issue looks like it was shot by only one photographer.

Despite the fact that we have seen those same exact eds a million times before (and literally all of them) with different models, it’s a decent and consistent issue.
Immaan is such a star.

My problem with Vogue Paris is that every month the whole issue looks like it was shot by only one photographer.

Thank you. It's clearly intentional and I'm not sure why. Not as if the style is so interesting or polarising that it should be replicated.

Quite frankly I only like the party story and Imaan's shots in the denim edit. And that's because at least it's something fresh for this edition. It's almost a cruel joke on Anna to lay her shots next to Imaan's. Imaan's infectious smiling, styling and composition is in a completely different class. But other than that this issue seems painstakingly dull. It's not only the photography, but also the styling. I find it unnecessarily heavy. And when they do try to go light, we're left with the Martensen story which looks like it was shot entirely from H&M clothing. A bit of sleek simplicity, just for once, won't hurt.

It looks like Edward is still ahead of the pack for March, followed by Anna. Your move, Farneti!

Those party editorials must be fun to shoot! Yet I don't feel the result looks fun though, it's kinda stiff and contrived? That shot of Freja standing on the couch is hilariously bad.

I really like Imaan's pictures. They need to give her a cover.

Well that film was pure parody. And lazy. And dated.

Birgit is perfect for VP! When will she get the cover?
Love her ed. It's simple, but she's just so stunning.

Also, love Blue Jeans. I thought it would be only Anna in a white background with all black and white pictures, I'm glad there's also Imaan. Her shots are by far the strongest.

The Edie Campbell thing is so nauseating, she's never been a good model, stop the nepotism.

Birgit is way overdue for a cover.

I look at these Studio 54-themed editorials through completely different eyes after reading some oral histories from Fran Lebowitz, Bethann Hardison, and others in Carter-era Vanity Fair. At night it was just sex, drugs and disco, but when the sun rose they all had to deal with depression, politics, racism and everything else which dominated that era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->