Vogue Paris June/July 2018 : Edie Campbell by Mikael Jansson

ACCESSOIRE
Photographer: Philippe Jarrigeon
Stylist: Claire Dhelens

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

amazing ed with Julia vO . Love it

The 3 main editorials are MAJOR! I would especially like to give much appreciation to Edie for delivering 100% to her editorial! Vittoria’s solo edit is also mouth drooling, and quintessential summer vibes too!

Every other edition wishes they were on this level when it comes to summer editorials!

Edie is certainly not the first name I'd choose when it comes to a beach editorial, but she looks spectacular here. Paradise City by Lachlan Bailey looks fantastic as well :heart:

It's good overall bu where is the fashion?
It's basically a bathing suits issue and that doesn't move me.

The June/july issues are really the ones where we can see the big difference between Carine and Emmanuelle. Carine still offered real fashion stories...With Emmanuelle it's 100% straight to the beach.

Another fantastic issue, Edie is the last model i would book for a beach editorial, but my god how she proves me wrong here!! Amazing work from everyone, stunning photos, and Edie brought so much to the table. Properly impressed by her, now! In general, I think every time she works for VP, its one of her best jobs.

I did feel, flipping through the issue, that it was pretty thin (barely 200 pages, i think). Especially for a double month!

Not much fashion, but still a lot that puts this magazine beyond most others on the newsstand. Thanks, Zorka - as always - for posting the scans for us.

Thanks so much to Zorka for posting all the editorials, great work as usual.

This issue doesn't have much fashion, but I think it's a great summer swimsuit issue, the editorials are presented in a way that doesn't make it feel cheap, with a terrific cast, I might buy a copy when it comes out in the newsstands in DC area.

VP loves Julia van Os, why not give her a cover? Her face/look screams VP.

I am not a fan of Edie Campbell, but wowzers at that cover
Amazing

It's good overall bu where is the fashion?
It's basically a bathing suits issue and that doesn't move me.

The June/july issues are really the ones where we can see the big difference between Carine and Emmanuelle. Carine still offered real fashion stories...With Emmanuelle it's 100% straight to the beach.

Emmanuelle is so so so much more effortless than Carine as a high fashion storyteller.

At her imperial era, Carine was untouchable and her Vogue, with Fabien’s contributions, remain the standard to this day. Then along comes Emmanuelle who understands a certain narrative for a certain woman, and she captures that mood so well— and so effortlessly. This entire issue, even taking into consideration the hierarchy of the ad placements, just reeks of the beach, the heat, and the sweet scent of sweat and salt (and vintage YSL's Opium). She’s the only Vogue editor who is confident enough to carry a specific mood through an entire issue, rather than offer a little of everything like most other Vogues in a desperate attempt to bring in everybody these days. VP is still unafraid to be directional, exclusive, brimming with attitude and even snooty. It isn’t for, and about everybody.

Besides the ironic, ugly graphic design that her VP seems to occasionally enjoy punking me with, my only (mild) complaint with this issue is that the Rianne and Vittoria story would have been so superior with Cindy Bruna and Imaan Hamman since it’s giving me such a strong late-80s Jody Watley vibe. Cindy and Imaan would have brought the smoulder and the attitude to such a tribute. And the hair. Either one of these women would have done that late-80s American-in-Paris, Jody-in-the-red-Gaultier-bustier-dress true high fashion justice.

Gorgeous issue.

^^
I'm a huge supporter of Emmanuelle but this is maybe too effortless for my taste. This issue could have benefited from the contribution of Barbieri in order to elevate the whole thing or maybe a lazy "street-style" ed from Emmanuelle. It's eye-catching, directional and all but i still miss something.

^^
I'm a huge supporter of Emmanuelle but this is maybe too effortless for my taste. This issue could have benefited from the contribution of Barbieri in order to elevate the whole thing or maybe a lazy "street-style" ed from Emmanuelle. It's eye-catching, directional and all but i still miss something.

Same here, it's shocking how pedestrian everything looks! God, for not only a dual month but one of their most important issues. Edie's edit, while great, veers very closely to SI. The one shot which did impress me was the nightlife one. Why not expand more on that?
The rest are just too basic and servicey to stomach. That accessories edit appears to have been ripped from Glamour magazine. I normally like Julia van Os for VP but that's one seriously underwhelming story. A series of vaguely similar angles, death stares and gelled hair which appears to be in the process of drying makes it forgettable. I'm actually amazed at how many repetitive shots made the final cut, in different edits. Surely a seemingly seasoned 'high fashion storyteller' would be able to spot these blunders? Also, maybe someone should send her a memo that there's more to summer than these cliched beach and swim stories! There's nightlife, ennui, sights to explore. But I guess that's way too much for her stylistic vocabulary.

Thanks for these scans, Zorka! :heart: Doubt whether I'll get it because beyond the edits (and a repint, the shame!), there's really nothing more for me.

Everyone used to complain about the same girls dominating VP, but now we have Edie/Rianne/Vittoria in every issue and frankly I'm tired of it. I'd take the Kate/Lara/Daria/Natasha overload, please.

Everyone used to complain about the same girls dominating VP, but now we have Edie/Rianne/Vittoria in every issue and frankly I'm tired of it. I'd take the Kate/Lara/Daria/Natasha overload, please.

They're not that much in VP though, are they? I'd much rather these girls whose personality doesn't seem to precede their work, meaning one can be pleasantly surprised by their output.

They're not that much in VP though, are they? I'd much rather these girls whose personality doesn't seem to precede their work, meaning one can be pleasantly surprised by their output.

Hmmm let's see. Rianne was in the November, February, April, May and now the June/July issue. Edie was in February, March, April + June/July (and had a cover for September). Not much, eh?

In Vittoria's case, you're absolutely right, she's not a VP regular so to say, so my bad!

Since when Lachlan Bailey became second Glen Luchford? Lighting, location, color scheme everything screams Glen works during last 10 years and especially his works for VP. Is VP saving money on A-list contributors by replacing them on the B-list and making the same moodboard and brief? I am sure it wasn]t Lachlan initiative to repeat Luchford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->