Reaction score
instagram/emmanuellealt

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2018-01-08 o 18.22.23.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2018-01-08 o 18.22.23.png
    344.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by a moderator:
The 80s reign continues..

We all saw it coming... But this looks SO fan made.

Love that YSL look tho. The colors are simplicity are nice.

2018 is going to be her year for sure. :flower:

We have seen this a million times, Emmanuelle.

I think she’s beautiful, but not much of a model.

I like the cover, don’t know why, but i do. Makes me want to buy it and I guess that’s the whole point. Well after the atrocious covers of last month, it’s not too hard to improve.

She has yet to charm me as a model, good effort though.

It has all the elements of being awful (dreadful outfit, the background looks fake), but I like it somehow.

Little girl playing dress up
Fashion is hell bent on making her happen.

I would have preferred a close-up shot instead but nice to see her on the cover.

I liked Kaia for a minute before she got really annoying. I think it was her Instagram post on Alaia’s death. She’s a kid, she looks like a kid, and she acts like a kid trying to act like an adult.

Kaia is really growing on me as a model. I think the more she does, the better she’ll get. Unlike some of the current girls who have not improved at all, I think Kaia has a lot of potential.

The cover is ok. I like the colours, it’s quite bold and graphic but I think it would have been much better closer in; although it is actually nice to see a full length shot because we don’t see them often on a cover.

They're pushing her so much - but it's too early. She has the right attitude, I'll give her that. But having the face and body of the young girl that she is plus being the daughter of Cindy from my point of view make her look like a kid dressing up indeed.
The cover is not even so bad, I would actually buy it and love that YSL.

They're pushing her so much - but it's too early.
And I'm here thinking how she didn't score too many big covers (runway and other work aside), considering her popularity and media presence. Maybe this cover is a tip of the iceberg we're about to witness.

Guess SL's advertising pull must be colossal that even VP has to show the full look from head to toe...

She's a very pretty girl of course, but she can't seem to shake the pageant-princess look and attitude, which always drag down all-thing HF to mall fashion show whenever she's wearing it.

They're pushing her so much - but it's too early. She has the right attitude, I'll give her that. But having the face and body of the young girl that she is plus being the daughter of Cindy from my point of view make her look like a kid dressing up indeed.
The cover is not even so bad, I would actually buy it and love that YSL.

I agree, she's better fit for the juniors at this point.
I don't think she wears haute couture well, even though this may be one of her better modeling shots.
The cover is good, nothing ground breaking.
Just another celebrity kid.
But I disagree that YSL is awful.

There's no need to pimp Kaia out with this much enthusiasm. I don't feel like I'm seeing a new star, I feel like I'm seeing someone young and tender enough to qualify as fresh meat for the market, with parents who should know better than anyone else. There'd be no harm in waiting for two years and letting her looks (and mind) mature a little. Put the career on ice in favour of full-time college.

She has to have something on offer that comes from within. We have no shortage of 'models' who have a first-class surname and a second-rate face.

HQ same source as above instagram/emmanuellealt

2QP9bAiK_o.jpg

Jesus Christ, she got an OG cover before Othilia Simon?? The injustice!
I suppose she looks mature here imo which is passable, but I hate the styling and the art direction. Emmanuelle Alt is very much like Dolce & Gabbanna, stuck in a rut and surrounded by a ship of enablers. This magazine will be run to the ground before she leaves off.

I like it! It feels very fashion and it's a dynamic and optimistic way to start the year.

This somehow reminds me of Anna Ewers cover by David Sims last year that had a same 80's feel to it.
At this point, i don't mind VP's obsession with the 80's. Fashion is so much about nostalgia, 90's nostalgia, that at least, someone is interested in glamour and in an idea of fashion.

I still hope that Emmanuelle will challenge herself and the readers because at this point, VP is the only one that has a lifestyle that turns around fashion. So, she has a boulevard for her to experiment.

I don't mind Kaia. We have seen models for decades starting very young and suddenly, in TFS out of all places, it's a problem when it's Kaia. I'm sorry but Gemma and Jessica Stam didn't looked like women when they started. But everybody was a fan.
I get that everybody is into this vendetta against celebs children as if modelling is a job that needs to overcome social issues.

I'm only judging the work and she seems willing to deliver. That's all i want, famous or not!

Not so sure about the YSL look but it's festive.

Have times changed? When women are speaking out about what's been going on for years, is it also the moment to consider what sort of industries we're sending girls into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->