Vogue Paris March 2019 : Rianne van Rompaey by David Sims

Complaining about jeans/denim in VP makes no sense. It’s a staple in Parisian style, every time I’ve been to Paris jeans are very prevalent so surely Alt is just catering to her market. That’s just my perception on it though.

Complaining about jeans/denim in VP makes no sense. It’s a staple in Parisian style, every time I’ve been to Paris jeans are very prevalent so surely Alt is just catering to her market. That’s just my perception on it though.
Yes jeans are staples in French style... It’s beyond Paris but, we need to see more than that.
Do we need to see Denim on denim, blazer or tuxedo jackets with White, blue or denim shirts and jeans, marinières with jeans on every issue?
Parisian style is more than Isabel Marant, rice gauche, bobo du 16eme. She has access to the best designers and her Vogue is very influential for a lot of French brands. We need more.

I don’t want to see how i dress in my lazy days in a magazine like Vogue.

With Carine, her obsession with jeans was balanced. Now, it’s totally out of control. Du n’importe quoi..

If what an EIC of major fashion title do is just to catering her market by putting a common fashion item month after month in her pages then her work makes no sense IMO. She could have been creating new trends, leading fashion to move forward or even discovering/supporting new design talents.

If what an EIC of major fashion title do is just to catering her market by putting a common fashion item month after month in her pages then her work makes no sense IMO. She could have been creating new trends, leading fashion to move forward or even discovering/supporting new design talents.

You are completely missing the point. What I said was that Jeans/denim are a massive staple in the style of French women, So I don’t think that jeans being used in every issue is a terrible thing if it’s going to help sell the magazine, especially with the state that print is in currently.

I totally agree with Lola701 that the styling does need updating when showcasing these styles.

I'm not even a fan of Suzanne Koller, but since she left VP and went to head up the fashion department at M Le Monde it looks so much more chic and upmarket than whatever this is...month in, month out ("Vous aimez le jean?", "Rock et jeans", "Un été incroyable...en jean" blah, blah, blah)

I've been perpetually bored with Emanuelle's Vogue since 2011, although now and then there were some good issues but enough is enough! Magazines are dying, but that's no excuse for them all to be so bad at the moment (not to mention the sin that Fabien Baron is no longer hired at a publication anymore :cry:)!

Any editor worth their salt can take a basic wardrobe staple and make it fresh every time. This is NOT what Alt is doing. The denim edits are styled.the.same.damn.way.in.every. damn.issue.

If she's gonna shove denim down our throats in every issue and in every part of the magazine how about create a regular Denim feature? Explain why these jeans are relevant now, what to features to look for, how to style it, both high and low and for christs sake don't turn it into yet another boho, RL lite, H&M advertorial!

Leave the editorial pages for high fashion worthy of VOGUE Paris.

Review

C'est Vogue (8p., shoes story)
Ph: Philippe Jarrigeon
St: Claire Dhelens

Rêves de pierres (6p.)
Ph: Charlotte Wales
St: Malina Joseph Gilchrist
Model: Luna Bijl

Miss Vogue: Birgit, néo-classique (10p.)
Ph: Christian McDonald
St: Géraldine Saglio
Model: Birgit Kos

Miss Vogue: La belle vie (10p.)
Ph: Dan Martensen
St: Clare Richardson
Model: Othilia Simon

Cheveux en fleurs (4p.)
Ph: Chris Colls
St: Virgine Benarroch
Model: Signe Veiteberg

Blue jeans (12p.)
Ph: David Sims
St: Emmanuelle Alt
Models: Anna Ewers, Imaan Hammam

Paris Texas (16p.)
Ph: Sam Rock
St: Aleksandra Woroniecka
Model: Edie Campbell

Miss Givenchy (CWK portrait, 7p.)
Ph: David Sims
Model: Rianne van Rompaey

The Party (22p.)
Ph: Inez & Vinoodh
Models: Shanelle Nyasiase, Anok Yai, Alton Mason, Ajak Deng, Marjan Jonkman, Cory Alexander, Freja Beha Erichsen, Kiki Willems, Jack Powers, Eva Dolezalova, Lady ***, Adam Selman, Rebecca Leigh Longendyke, Vivienne Rohner, Dara Allen, Martine Gutierrez, Asia Chow

Hate Alt all you want (I'm the first on the list), her Vogue is still the best out there

Anna Ewers & Imaan Hammam by David Sims:

^The difference in energy between Imaan and Anna's shots is like looking at two entirely different editorials. Should have been Imaan and Imaan only. Previews sound good!

I feel like Anna has been phoning it in for a while now, very disappointing, I love her beauty. But for all I know its what the photogs want from her now?

^The difference in energy between Imaan and Anna's shots is like looking at two entirely different editorials. Should have been Imaan and Imaan only. Previews sound good!
Give Imaan her Vogue Paris cover!

My goodness, those photos of Imaan are stunning! STU. NNING

Miss Givenchy

Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Hair: Duffy
Makeup: Lucia Pieroni
Manicure: Ama Quashie
Cast: Rianne van Rompaey, Clare Waight Keller

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Miss Vogue: Birgit, Néo-Classique

Photographer: Christian McDonald