Vogue Paris February 2018 : Kaia Gerber by David Sims

This would've worked SO much better as a close-up, as I'm really not much of a one for full-length cover images. It does work here and shows off the whole Saint Laurent outfit perfectly but there's just too much white (making the cover look very Vogue Japan-esque). I don't loathe it (or dislike Kaia for that matter) but this could've certainly been better!

I would take Kaia over Hadids and Kendall and Cara any day.

Word. A special mention to Gigi that i find particularly bad.

I never liked Cindy when she was at her top, she was always too “American” for my taste and that slide to soft erotica to capitalise on her looks when she was at her prime was tacky even then. I actually think Kaia’s looks are more refined, i do not rate her as a model, i do not think she has much to offer, but because she’s beautiful it somehow works, she looked great in Saint Laurent’s show and she looks good here. I believe her career as a “proper” model is limited though.

I like the cover but i would choose a more simple shoes like YSL stiletto or something instead of that ugly fur boots

Amy Lemons and Toni Garnn were 14 when they appeared on the cover of Italian Vogue.

Can't imagine myself every purchasing a magazine with her on the cover. At least Kendall, Gigi, etc. look like adults. She looks like a child.

i have no problem with the cover.. i like it actually, like someone said VP it's one of the few Vogue we can rely in terms of fashion (yes,even with the strict and limited vision of her EIC). Maybe what we don't like it's all the things built around Kaia, and all the fuss... i do think she has potential, but they are trying too hard to make it a star instead to let her career evolve...look at all the videos Vogue US made of her...

Wow, this is so bad. A white background cover??? Come on Alt. And we don't need Kaia on Vogue Paris.

I know it has been said before, but seeing such a young child on a Vogue cover seems wrong these days. I just cannot help myself. Maybe it's because I am getting older myself, because I remember Monika Jagaciak being only 14 when she started and I hadn't a problem with that (I wasn't much older myself). But now, as an adult and knowing what is going on in the industry, I just wonder 'why'. Let these girls atleast turn 18/19 before you book them.

Kate Moss was 14 and for a long time she looked like malnourished child... no one complained...

^^ A lot of people complained at that time in the fashion business.

Anyway Kaia is better than Kendall and Gigi,non?

Anyway Kaia is better than Kendall and Gigi,non?

Why? Because of Cindy? She's on the same level in more ways than one, if you ask me. Her best work are close-ups, zoom out and all hell breaks loose.

It´s nothing new that models often start at a really Young age (many are too Young, in my opinion 16 is still really Young). It has become better but it is still present (look at Kris Grikaite). The problem with Kaia is, that she does not look like 16, she Looks like 12 and her poses are the ones of a 12 year old. This always gives me a quite unconfortable Feeling looking at Pictures of her and seeing her on such a big cover as Vogue Paris dosen´t make it better...
In my opinion it would have been a better strategy to let her work exclusively with a few Clients an let her learn. The immense Hype that is created around her is not about her as a model or a person, it´s about the idea of finding a new It-girl and everyone has Dollar bills in his eyes and wants to be a part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Editorial Previews:

VOGUE.FR

Colorama gives me joy. So far, I´m loving all previews :smile:
Thanks for sharing.

I'm so happy to see so much coverage for Jacquemus. His last collections was a real success: articles in Vogue US, Vogue Paris, different pieces featured in vogue Italia (including the big hat which has already become a hit).

feuilletez_quelques_pages_en_avant_premi__re_du_num__ro_de_f__vrier_de_vogue_paris_1819.jpeg_north_1024x_white.jpg

vogue.fr

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->