Balmain S/S 2021 Paris

The first part reminds me a lot of Thierry Mugler and the rest is a continuation of the Decarnin era. Sometimes it is sad to see a heritage brand has long lost its house code for almost two decades.

I just can't with Olivier. You can just tell he has the biggest ego.

Jeans is very Shakira 2001:mohawk: and logo is sooooo Fendi.

the logo isn't very nice but i love the eveningwear, there's some good pieces...just something missing though..

Whatever happened to Christophe Decarnin? He was ousted (and hospitalized?) very mysteriously.

He took some time off and then went to Faith Connexion but he is no longer there either. I'm not sure where he is now. But his faith pieces are some of my favorites in my wardrobe.

As far as this collection, I like that he stuck to his glamour and glitz for the season. While I don't mind the Decarnin references, because I love Decarnin, Olivier of course brought a cheesiness too it due to his taste level.

The shoulders are cheesy. I can't imagine someone wearing them and not looking silly today. The collection is a bit disjointed with some nice ideas. The flares look good. I like pieces of it but the styling takes this back to 2011 or 2012 to me. It looks stuck in time when there are genuinely some great pieces in here. There's something charming and endearing about Olivier though. He has a young spirit and he sticks to his guns. Maybe I'm a bit biased though.

The suits scream Dynasty power b*tch and I am good with that. Its still miles better than the sh*t at Dior.

The first two looks are the best. I don't mind the neon color and their shape will make them look great in editorials.
As always with Olivier, there are too many ideas. I don't understand why he keeps trying to squeeze everything he can think of into one collection. His best shows were based on one concept/theme which kept it all coherent.
I don't hate the monogram. I think it looks well on that long bag. I am only afraid that from now on we can expect to see it vomited on every thing possible.

Squinting to find these "references" but all I see is shoulders.

What are the names of the lovely mature models at the beginning? I can't find them. :(

What are the names of the lovely mature models at the beginning? I can't find them. :(
I only recognize Charlotte Flossault (iconic Prada girl), Violeta Sanchez (iconic Couture model) and Amalia Vairelli (iconic YSL muse).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->