Framed!... The Eyeglasses Thread

^
:lol: You know what? That is totally how I feel about things sometimes. For me, the pleasure I get aesthetically from owning/looking/wearing an object, outweighs that it may not necessarily be the most flattering option. :heart:

^
:lol: You know what? That is totally how I feel about things sometimes. For me, the pleasure I get aesthetically from owning/looking/wearing an object, outweighs that it may not necessarily be the most flattering option. :heart:

exactly! :flower::flower:
and now, some very nice friends tell me that the glasses do look good on.
regardless, i love love love them. how long can glasses last? i want to have these forever.

My vision is 20/20, so I don't need prescription glasses. But I think some eyeglasses are pretty cool and love the geek chic vibe they give off. Are there eyeglasses that have, like, no grade but have UV protection or something (so there's at least a functional purpose behind me wearing them)? I don't want people going "why are you wearing glasses? you don't need them you lucky 20/20 biatch" at me ^_^

^ you should get some eyeglasses tented at 10 0r 20% from an eye doctor you can still wear them indoors and still have a little shade outdoors thats what my mom has ontop of her prescription and without it they still have a purpose.

^ Oh ok. Thanks from: sophia! ^_^
Question: is the 10 or 20% the tint? sorry, i'm kinda clueless about these.

ya thats the tent level I think 100% are dark sunglasses like classic ray bans dark. It might differ at different eyeglasses stores but they usually have sample lenses. I always get mine as dark as they will go but my mom hates changing from prescription glasses to sunglasses so she combined them

Which of these three do you like best for everyday wear? I know the first no-name ones look great on me.

3520_Black_CLEAR.jpg

Photo by 39dollarglasses.com

ch_3131_501_01.jpg

Photo by SunglassesChristianDior.com

0C0D5052.jpg

Photo by FramesDirect.com (Bebe Bedazzled glasses in Tigress)

cbcb: go with whichever will look best on you, get the no name if you know that you can rock it!!

Here are mine...

fendi_f602.jpg

but I am itching for a new pair of black plastic framed ones...^_^

Thank you both. I'm going to go for #1, pretty sure. The Chanels are pretty - and they have some other lovely black styles, one with sort of black-shimmery sides is pretty cool, and they have some with beige sides that are pretty. But the shape and price of #1 just works better!

i just bought these. i can't wait for them to arrive!
dark_tortoise.png

image from tartoptical.com

^
very cute! Love that shape. Can be hard to pull off but so lovely when it is done.

I have pretty much decided on the Prism's but since I'm torn on the style, I'm going to wait until I'm back in London in two weeks and try them on at Brown's and then order online the color combo I like best.

i love prism's! i could never decide between all of the colors/options though haha there are too many

cbcb, would get the third one ...

i'm too currently looking for glasses (first hunt online, then shopping irl) ... my eyes are hurting me atm (hadn't worn my glasses, the way i should, for years ... and it's getting dangerous to this point, now ! really dangerous !) ...
i'm 3/10 for right eyes ......... and 4/10 for left eyes ........
:doh::judge:
oops !

anyway it's complicated ...

how long can glasses last? i want to have these forever.
forever, if they are good glasses !

right now - because of my eyes hurting - i'm wearing a pair i own for like ... 5 yrs. And I still have my first pair of glasses ...... and they are like 10 yrs old.

I don't understand how people are choosing glasses that don't fit their face, though ...
It's like choosing a beautiful dress the wrong size !

hi guys i'm about 2 buy a new glasses - i just saw a chanel geek glasses which look so great on me- but i'm thinking about shading the lense of the glasses,...something like this

ivana-11.jpg

and the frame is something like this ( not the same one..bt close, mine is a bit bigger)

Products_Picture_bv_new.asp

do u think it's outdated??? i really need ur help 2 decide... any suggestions would be soooo much appreciated :smile:

^^ love the frame :smile:

but i'd think twice before taking colored lenses. i once had light blue ones and got sick of them pretty fast :wink:

Which of these three do you like best for everyday wear? I know the first no-name ones look great on me.

really like the first frame. but pay attention. usually no-name ones lack quality :unsure:

Greetings all. Bit of a sad story, then my question.

Was in Vegas in April. Had a new Rx for 6 months, but couldn't find the frames I wanted for sunglasses. Was thinking Bvlgari, but the selection in Washington (State) is limited, and nearly nobody would sell you the frames & do the Rx. So walking by an Optical between the Mandalay Bay and Luxor, I stopped, found the PERFECT pair first try (though I tried 9 others to be sure), and bought them on the spot.

Fast forward almost 4 months, I'm at a work event, have been up since 5am or so, and just exhausted. We are bowling after dinner, and then pack up. I help someone take some gear to their car, then head up to my room and crash. Next morning when I look for my SUPER expensive sunglasses... gone. Tried asking anyone and everyone, the hotel, bellboys, security, restaurants, you name it... they were simply gone.

So I've been back at work for a month. We are short handed, so I haven't had ANY vacation time. And I'm overtired, exhausted, and want my sunglasses back. But where to go, and is there anyplace I might get the frames and lenses for less than Optica in LV?

Have the exact part number for the Bvlgari frames, still have my perscription and know exactly what I want. No AR, just a dark tint and a good lense. So is there anyplace someone here can recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screenstarmakeup
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->