Framed!... The Eyeglasses Thread

lucy, I specifically avoided all the ones with crystals for that very reason!! I was afraid they'd fall out, so I feel validated now :wink: I thought about the Tiffany ones that have the single row of crystals along the side ... they are quite expensive which I was hoping translated to well made, but I ended up going with a different pair. I had to switch again after the ones I posted because the lab said they made my lenses, and something like they didn't look good optically, yadda yadda :wacko: So I went with another style that has keys/tortoise pattern on the side, but couldn't find a picture of them.

I just found out that my glasses are meant for women :lol:.
Not that I care, they look great and I've never had so many compliment on wearing glasses.

pr11mv-ZXF-1O1.jpg

unitedshades.com

They look only this blue when the light hits them, so most of the time they're much darker.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are stylish glasses?

I needed new glasses but felt baffled when I walked into my local opticians! I have no idea what's stylish - metal, plastic, rimless, semi-rimless?

Can anyone shed some light on this? I also need petite glasses but in Specsavers the only ones they have in stock are ones that have "Bench" in large print all over the frames!

I have looked online on what frames would suit my heart shaped face and they mostly said "bottom heavy frames" - what on earth are bottom heavy frames?

I'd be really grateful for any advice on choosing glasses :flower:

Thank you both very much! :flower:

Love those frames from Mykita and I will definitely be browsing the eyeglasses thread (I didn't know one existed!)

I really need new glasses and so I'm looking around for a chic pair. I've got a heart shaped face and I'm a brunette (and brown eyes) but the problem is that I need petite glasses - my lenses at the moment are 48mm and the nose bridge is 18mm so I can never find anything to fit! The only store closest to me is Specsavers but all the petite frames they have are Bench. I think these Ray-Bans look gorgeous but I don't know how big they are and I also have no idea where you buy them lol!

2000.png

My BF recently got a new pair of glasses, and he went with some from Orgreen. Their frames are all metal, and my favorite part is that the inside and outside of the frame are different colors-so you can have the outside be something neutral like grey, but the inside be hot pink. I love that little "flash" of color, and he always gets compliments on them.

I'm rather in love with these glasses at the moment:

tumblr_l60hnh2NBX1qa3op2o1_500.jpg

live4emma-l4s.tumblr.com

:lol:...
what are we gonna say...
they're terrible, take them back?!...
too late now!...
:wink:...

enjoy!...they look very nice on you...
:heart:

i was actually looking for a pair of blue frames at one point...
those jil sanders aren't bad...

haha actually, it's a free return if i don't like them =P

the jil sander ones look awesome! the color is cool!

Does anyone have photos of someone wearing the Ray-Ban 5242? They're a brand new release in the optical department--cat eye frames. I ordered some, but I cannot see what they look like until Monday, and I'm so impatient--and curious.

I am very, very short sighted and have been wearing glasses since I was 6... almost 23 now, intolerant to contact lenses so glasses it is :smile: I recently bought a pair of RayBans. I decided not to buy them in black as I found they looked too "heavy" on my pale skin and light brown hair :smile:

1ghefr.jpg

yourdesignersunglasses.co.uk

mine new Ralph Lauren after years of wearing only contaxt lenses

Polo%20Ralph%20Lauren%20PH2046%205001.jpg

source: smartbuyglasses.ca

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batman112
Back