Maison Margiela Artisanal Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

I mean, even with older Galliano/Dior shows, wearing a full look kind of does have you looking a little heinous unless you are truly the right person for it which is hard to predict. Bit of a constant issue with him which you can’t deny.
idk... for me personally, the looks from his older shows just carry an effortless sincerity that i'm not seeing in this collection... they didn't feel forced or grotesque like many of the looks from this one. his older looks actually worked brilliantly as separates rather than one just one whole clumsy ensemble you're one and done with. and even his most outlandish crazy stuff was just too perfect to mark him down for

Thats him “doing” Margeila. That skirt is gorgeous. I agree the coloring isnt right for this person.

Mmmmm yeah but also proof that a full look doesn’t work in reality. I’d pair the skirt with a different top because the skirt is great. Having to hold it like that the whole time to maintain the “vibe” is dumb.

But aren’t most shows like this in general nowadays? I mean, even with older Galliano/Dior shows, wearing a full look kind of does have you looking a little heinous unless you are truly the right person for it which is hard to predict. Bit of a constant issue with him which you can’t deny.

Other issue is that Hunter nearly always ends up looking super washed out. Dara can pull some great looks, but not sure if they understand how to work with Hunter’s colouring.
Exactly. I mean the best Galliano Redcarpet and his best looking clothes IRL were mostly from his most wearable collections…
When there was a connection between a woman and a dress, not between a show, a moment and a dress.
That’s one of the things that got people tired of his Dior in the last few years. It was a show but the essence of Couture was gone.

This collection particular Margiela collection had a very YAAAAAS! WORK! Appeal but again the people don’t care about fashion. I think there were amazing gowns in there behind the bodysuits…Dresses that at a fancy dinner, wedding or party would make you look like the only one in the world!

But no it was all about the moment. And I suspect a lot of those celebrities will try to emulate the moment and not embody the clothes.

It’s a matter of time before Zendaya show up with the glass make-up and Louboutin So Kate, trying to reproduce this again!

When Nicole Kidman had her moment in Dior by Galliano in 1997, she didn’t show up with a wig a flowers on her head acting all dramatic on the Redcarpet….

LoL that jumper is a show styling prop that should have been left there. It is like those wet tshirts models were wrapped in for the the Dance Couture, just a styling trick and not part of the actual piece. Blame her and her stylist, thats not Galliano's fault that they wanted show styling

LoL that jumper is a show styling prop that should have been left there. It is like those wet tshirts models were wrapped in for the the Dance Couture, just a styling trick and not part of the actual piece. Blame her and her stylist, thats not Galliano's fault that they wanted show styling
But I think her and her stylist had a very superficial POV on the collection.
I think the collection itself is quite sober. If you remove the bodysuits, you have classic gorgeous Couture gowns. The palette is very dark and the only way to make those clothes lives off the runway is to appropriate them….And here the stylist and her tried to recreate Galliano but only Galliano knows his intention.
It’s a bit like Zendaya in the archive Mugler. It’s a thing for stylists and talents for social media.

The thing that gets me about this is her not breaking the look’s runway pose the entire time on the red carpet lol. I know it’s for the engagement machine anyways and I like Hunter but it’s so low effort copy/paste all around. I’m sorry sis it didn’t get the yas out of me 😔

The skirt is amazing, the knit top is not...that top looks like a prop for the show, something that it was intended to give all the focus to the skirt. The model could have walked top-less, covering her breasts, and the effect could have been the same.

For the red carpet (aka "real life") they should have paired that skirt with something different. And of course, making the same pose as the model from the show is goofy as hell.

i think we wont know how good the collection actually is until some years pass and we realize everyone is doing clinical shows with literal rtw clothes again. That jumper's RTW version will sell like hotcakes.

None of the recent rtw shows tried to ape the success of this spectacle. I think someone predicted they would. Everything was business as usual: Sad!

None of the recent rtw shows tried to ape the success of this spectacle. I think someone predicted they would. Everything was business as usual: Sad!
This is classic Galliano. It’s maybe new for the kids on TikTok but if we look at fashion in the last 20 years, it’s nothing new.
John’s job is now to create a relevant version of this for RTW that is forward looking enough to inspire the street.

i'm not sure if it's classic galliano as much as it is a parody of classic galliano. he just really OD'd on the yass pills with this one. it's too affected...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->