Marc Jacobs F/W 2006.07 New York

i got my invitation to the f/w 06.07 trunk show at the san francisco store...
it's this friday though sunday...
i'll report back how everything looks in person...

Ok This may be a little odd, but I was wondering what kinda of glasses Marc Jacobs wears? Also does anyone know where I can find them?

birdofparadise said:
Supposedly, they're vintage from Cutler & Gross in the UK.

OMG THX! Im so gonna try to get a pair!!! Any idea on how much they might cost?

birdofparadise said:
Supposedly, they're vintage from Cutler & Gross in the UK.

Thx a lot! I had emailed the company before I asked you and this is what they said:

Hi Jared -
Thanks for your email. Marc's glasses are vintage Cutler and Gross. I
believe he found them at a Paris flea market. In case you're not
familiar
with the brand they are sold at specialty boutiques and your best bet
would
be to try to their website. They did launch a vintage shop a couple of
years ago.....you never know.
Thanks and good luck.

Scott E. Gray
Public Relations

kimair said:
i got my invitation to the f/w 06.07 trunk show at the san francisco store...
it's this friday though sunday...
i'll report back how everything looks in person...

Please let me know how the skirt with the red velvet trim looks in person ... :flower: As far as I can determine, there is no Marc Jacobs trunk show happening here for me to see it myself :(

I hope Marc Jacobs opens a store in Chicago one of these days...

Caffeine and Kimair - please report back from the trunk show. Let us know if you've put your name down for any of the pieces...I would be curious to know how much some of the coats are - in particular the grey cashmere side tie coat with the leather skirt detail.

he is a master of porproptions

I love the colours..the hats very funny very creative but i hate those shoes i think he didn't a good job too bad ...but this collections is very marc I like a lot

Its ok, I liked it. I wonder when they plan on opening a marc jacobs store in chicago.

^in fact, the trunk show in Boston will be this coming weekend. Luckily I just received my camera phone ^_^

i went to the trunk show in sf this past weekend, and many of the pieces were stunning in person...:heart:

i forgot the lookbook today though, so i can let you know prices tomorrow...
the pieces i tried on were: (all pics from style.com)

silk velvet floral skirt and taupe cashmere turtleneck

00180m.jpg
00260m.jpg

silk panne velvet leopard print dress; metallic leather skirt

00450m.jpg
00040m.jpg

the cashmere dress (on diana) i loved, love, loved!! :wub:
i do remember it being a bit pricey for what it was though...not sure if i'm going to get it...

overall the collection was gorgeous in person...no models, just clothes hanging on the racks...
i was also very impressed with the evening gowns (the last few looks from the show)...there was a woman trying on the strapless gown and she looked divine!

style.com

Thought someone might be interested in what I learned about the skirt I kinda liked ... it's not silk velvet, but rayon/silk blend velvet, $3200 :smile:unsure:smile:, the red is a true red not burgundy as it appears to be from runway pix, it also comes in black felt/brown velvet, and it's a faux wrap skirt. Also, you must be an established customer for them to send you anything on approval. Otherwise, it's store credit only ... quite a potentially big one in this case ... :huh:

Attachments

• marc fall skirt.jpg
    marc fall skirt.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 8
i'm definitely not fond of all the hot pink and gold leopard silk or velvet? dress freja and stam wore. it's a lot like last fall's taffetta dress that gemma ward wore except it was hot pink and black flower print, and i didn't like that one either. but i adore the heavy looking material he used for the pants and some shirts. most of this fall's pieces reminds me of turn of the century turkish male wear and the bavarians, i believe, that visit hogwarts in the goblet of fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->