Marc Jacobs F/W 2006.07 New York

Im sure that dress Freja is wearing is EXPENSIVE. It looks like silk and fur

fashionista-ta said:
Thought someone might be interested in what I learned about the skirt I kinda liked ... it's not silk velvet, but rayon/silk blend velvet, $3200 :smile:unsure:smile:, the red is a true red not burgundy as it appears to be from runway pix, it also comes in black felt/brown velvet, and it's a faux wrap skirt. Also, you must be an established customer for them to send you anything on approval. Otherwise, it's store credit only ... quite a potentially big one in this case ... :huh:

Ta-ta, I went to the trunk show yesterday. The material was amazing. they were all in those thick wool/cashmere material and they appeared very rich. However, I was not a huge fan of the details...they even looked a little gimmicky to me in person. The price was another issue......
Unfortunately now MJ for me is a brand that I'll purchase when it's on deep discount :( . The full price is really not fair...especially compared with Balenciaga now (yes, Balenciaga)

^yes Balenciaga!!! get out of here, i was thinking the same. to me, marc jacobs is the most overpriced label ever. and what's starting to piss me off is when the clothes are taken out of the context of runway they just don't look the same,

Pastry said:
^yes Balenciaga!!! get out of here, i was thinking the same. to me, marc jacobs is the most overpriced label ever. and what's starting to piss me off is when the clothes are taken out of the context of runway they just don't look the same,
They really don't.:unsure: But the stylist can bust some chops! Thats everyone loves Marc. Don't love Marc. Love his stylist. :lol: But the colors he uses I really like a lot.

i'm fond of the rastafarian-like hats (is that the right term??)
and the black turtleneck vlada wears, which has maybe black flowers that are appliquéd on--i can't really tell, even from the closeup.

i visited the marc store in the west village this weekend and everything was 40% off. i also saw the stinky rat items (which i was not at all impressed with).

I liked his entire collection.. the only thing i didn't like were the hats

aldn said:
They really don't.:unsure: But the stylist can bust some chops! Thats everyone loves Marc. Don't love Marc. Love his stylist. :lol: But the colors he uses I really like a lot.

I actually enjoyed this collection more when it was off the runway. The pieces by themselves are quite good

gius said:
i'm fond of the rastafarian-like hats (is that the right term??)
and the black turtleneck vlada wears, which has maybe black flowers that are appliquéd on--i can't really tell, even from the closeup.

lol yes thats the right term.

omg who deosnt love marc jacobs lol

I didn't, haha :rolleyes: I got into fashion early this year and the first collection done by Marc Jacobs was Louis Vuitton S/S 06. I couldn't bring myself to like it because it just came across as being a little too ... plain. So when I saw the F/W 06 collection, I wasn't very enthusiastic either.

Unfortunately, when I saw his Marc Jacobs line, his work started to grow on me. I love urban and grunge chic! All that cashmere, the beanie-like hats, the layers ... I couldn't help finding everything so effortlessly SHEEEEK!

Of course, it's probably just his stylist :P

yea ur right about the fall collection, that wasnt too hott, and his newest line is very good, but im not a big fan of grunge chic, only to and extent though.. .but what i had said b4 was about the marc jacons line alone. hehe srry for the mixup, probably shoudl have been more specific.

fashionista16 said:
omg who deosnt love marc jacobs lol

I don't. I don't like his "Girly" looks, or his "grungy" looks or his gross fall shoes

his bags are nice though

from what ive seen, this collection translates well to everyday.

the "sarong" skirts are so pretty without the 15 extra layers, the pieces are really chic when worn in a more understated manner. i could see tons of women in new york wearing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->