Marc Jacobs S/S 2007: Dakota Fanning by Juergen Teller

creepy, but all MJ ads are. Nonetheless, I actually like them. Disturbing in a refreshing way..If that makes any sense at all

V0GUE_0BSESSi0N said:
creepy, but all MJ ads are. Nonetheless, I actually like them. Disturbing in a refreshing way..If that makes any sense at all
I completely agree. For me, I find them disturbing yet refreshing because it's different from what we're used to... but it's interesting at the same time.

Okay I love DF I love MJ I appreciate Mr. JT but I think it becomes boring... I guess this is third season of similar campaigns... interesting though quite pale for advertisement....

Another one, hopefully this hasn't been posted already ...

(my scan)

Scanned by me from Elle April UK.
I think she looks like a mini Gemma Ward.

^ thats a good point... yeah she reminds of !

i do like those ads

A couple of the newer ones remind of a little kid locked in someone's basement...or something of that nature.

Indeed some of Marc's campaigns have had strange/creepy undertones...but they've never involved using a child (at least I think).

In a marketing point of you i think that's a really BAD choice. What woman will want to buy the clothes she saw on a how-old-is-she-girl ?
Plus, the girl scares me EWWW

But i've to say thats humm...original ?:sick:

morgan38 said:
A couple of the newer ones remind of a little kid locked in someone's basement...or something of that nature.

That was my first thought too. They do have very disturbing undertones.:unsure:

If they had put her in a room or outside or something, they might have come across differently, but this shattered basement and the frightened eyes she has in some of them gives me bad associations.

I don't know about everybody else but I don't find them the least bit cute or adorable. Quite the contrary. :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Manuva said:
Scanned by me from Elle April UK.
I think she looks like a mini Gemma Ward.

She totally does look like a mini Gemma. Thanks for the scan, and everyone else too!

I happen to really like this campaign honestly, but I think a big part of that is that I am already a huge Dakota fan. IDK. :huh:

I really don't have anything intelligent to contribute other than I love DK + Juergen + Marc.

how random is the one with the white dog and the Marc Jacobs bag?! lol I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->