Sex and the City - The movie

does anyone know if carrie is a smoker in the movie? I don't think carrie is carrie without the cigarettes, i know it's sounds silly but anyways :P

does anyone know if carrie is a smoker in the movie? I don't think carrie is carrie without the cigarettes, i know it's sounds silly but anyways :P

No but it's true. they must make her a smoker. it was such a part of her persona on the show

No but it's true. they must make her a smoker. it was such a part of her persona on the show

I imagine her to still be a smoker. Remember when Carrie was with Aiden and she gave up, when she was at the furniture show and Mr Big offered her a cigarette and she told him she gave up. He said it was a shame, they always shared a smoke together, then when Carrie and Mr Big ended up together in bed at the hotel, they shared a smoke. That was such a poignant moment in their relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh yeah good point, forgot about that. I'm still not sure though as films generally aim to reach out to a wider audience and are a lot more publicised. The tv show was a bit more 'cultish' and very much fanbased. If you didn't like the tv show, then you simply woulnt watch it. I imagine the producers wouldnt want to upset any one by having Carrie smoke. We will see though...!. Anyone know when the movie is coming out?

Carrie had quit smoking before she went to Paris. Then she took it up again while she was in Paris. She says to the Russian, something like "Aren't you going to say something about me smoking again?". So, in a way it would make sense if she were to quit smoking again when she went back to New York.

Not to mention movies get an R rating now if they glamourise smoking. And Carrie glamourised smoking. Too many fans of the show will be too young to see the movie if she's a smoker. Not to mention the Cancer Council will jump all over them and they'll get massive amounts of negative publicity.

It's going to be a sticky situation I think.

Carrie had quit smoking before she went to Paris. Then she took it up again while she was in Paris. She says to the Russian, something like "Aren't you going to say something about me smoking again?". So, in a way it would make sense if she were to quit smoking again when she went back to New York.

Not to mention movies get an R rating now if they glamourise smoking. And Carrie glamourised smoking. Too many fans of the show will be too young to see the movie if she's a smoker. Not to mention the Cancer Council will jump all over them and they'll get massive amounts of negative publicity.

It's going to be a sticky situation I think.

I don't think anyone under age will be seeing this movie anyway...or at their parent's discretion if they do go...so I think people are expecting plenty of drinking, sex, and smoking LOL...these are adult themes. It is what it is...HBO Films won't censor...

Just wondering what role Jennifer Hudson is going to play. Anyone knows anything?

yes she's carrie's assistant. am i the only one to think that that was a bad and not so believable casting choice?

I read Beyoncé wanted the role or something but didn't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am VERY excited about this movie! :woot:

Random question, but in what season did Carrie have short hair? I want to watch my DVDs tonight and want to check out her hairstyles being that my hair is currently the same length. Thanks! :flower:

I heard on the radio yesterday that Beyonce was going to play the role of the assistant that Hudson is now playing, but Beyonce wanted more clothes from her line to be in the movie and when they said no either she left, or they got rid of her. I don't know if there's any truth to this-but that's what the radio show here said.

I absolutely cannot wait until 2008 to see this film. Does anybody have any clue as to the release date? Just out of curiosity... I drool just thinking about it...

Love all the outfits. And truthfully, Carrie and the girls could still wear her old outfits and not look like she stepped out of 2000... most are so timeless.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Beyonce was going to play the role of the assistant that Hudson is now playing, but Beyonce wanted more clothes from her line to be in the movie and when they said no either she left, or they got rid of her. I don't know if there's any truth to this-but that's what the radio show here said.

um, your clothes are so not chic?

This movie is probably going to be terrible... but I'll see it anyway for fashion's sake.

^ Yeah that is why I am excited too. I hope that they stay true to the characters and don't make the movie pointless. Still even if it does stink, the clothes will be worth the $9.50 for my ticket. I wish that each ticket came with a free pair of Manolos though! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->