Victoria Beckham S/S 10 New York

please remember to discuss this collection, not if Victoria is fit to be a designer or not

and remember to be nice to eachother even if you don't agree:P

:flower:

looks good cos it's a copy of all the designer's clothes she once wore!

Here is the woman herself in her own design... one of the S/S pieces. The top is verrrrry reminiscent of old Roland Mouret:

tg8.jpg

denden

Pockets!

I think it's quite good. The clothes actually have some personality this time. They're stillk somewhat repetitive and probably very unoriginal but the designs have attitude behind them.

I love some of the pieces.
Even though my conscience is screaming that I shouldn't because of the whole identical copying thing......
The final dresses are gorgeous.

I like it! Even if there are similiarities to peices from other designers, You can see that she's 'created' pieces that she would most likely wear- she's staying true to herself instead of trying to create something new and overly fancy. She looks great in the picture RandomGlitter posted of her, the pockets I'm liking a lot :P

hmm...a few of those long dresses have definitely been inspired by that cream Alaia dress she wore to the oscars a few years ago.

i shouldn't be saying ( thinking) this .. but it is more exciting than lotssss of things I've seen so far at NYFW

I think everyone is loving it so much because there isn't ONE piece of flowy fabric, unlike the rest of what every other designer is doing. It's very body-con and ladylike.

Adore each black dress, with the exception of the long ones. Perhaps she could introduce separates or *shock and horror* PANTS? :P

she's very true to herself, i will give her that. i'm curious how it sells.

Some of the dresses remind me of Roland Mouret ... I agree that it's cohesive & consistent (what I've seen so far).

ETA: I see other Mouret comments on p 2 ... had only read p 1 (H&M :wink:) when I posted ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost sense that Victoria is aware that she needs her collection to really fit into the fashion circle. That's a lot of what I'm getting from the looks. Regardless, it's nice but I can't help but think Vic's aware that it needs to look damn GOOD if she wants to be taken seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vn varenne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->