Victoria Beckham S/S 10 New York

This is so stiff it reminds me of armor. There is no movement or joy. Not liking this very much :doh:.

Victoria Beckham is a brand , she is selling her look so obviously that is going to look like the designers she likes to wear ; whether what she does which is essential taking other designers aesthetics and giving them slight tweaks is right or not is another question when plagiarism and 'inspiration' is rife within the industry anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love her and i'm glad she's doing this. I actually love some dresses. :heart:

I hate this peplum thing that seems to be so common these days. It just seems to have 'popped up'. I think its there to create volume but also to keep the tight fitting silhouette underneath. IN any case, i think its ugly.

I love the collection. It's extremely elegant and very much in line with Victoria's tastes.

These dresses all show Victorias character, she does know how to do simple, elegent and flattering dresses to women.

Flattering? Excuse me but I'm 5'4 (and quite thin) and those below the knee dresses would look horrible on me. Also, squeeze a woman who isn't rail thin into any of those first dresses and tell me they're flatterring on her figure. These are flattering on the 5'11 models with 85 cm hips and 62 cm waists, and they may be flattering on Beckham who makes up for her lacking in height with her tiny tiny rock hard body (not to mention 6 inch rip-off YSL tribute heels).

The 13th look, the little grey dress with the waist belt, I can see a little lower tummy on the MODEL. How would this transfer onto consumers, who are say, 4-5 inches shorter and a couple pounds heavier?

This collection is boring. It's true that it is because she is not a fashion designer but a celebrity trying her luck at a collection that she is not getting real criticism. The fact is we've all seen this before, by someone who thought of it first and probably ACTUALLY knew their way around a sewing machine at the very least.

I'm sorry but sending replicas of personal red-carpet fashion down a runway does not a designer make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh how did I miss this for 3 days? Her designs certainly have improved, I really like this collection!

Flattering? Excuse me but I'm 5'4 (and quite thin) and those below the knee dresses would look horrible on me. Also, squeeze a woman who isn't rail thin into any of those first dresses and tell me they're flatterring on her figure. These are flattering on the 5'11 models with 85 cm hips and 62 cm waists, and they may be flattering on Beckham who makes up for her lacking in height with her tiny tiny rock hard body (not to mention 6 inch rip-off YSL tribute heels).

The 13th look, the little grey dress with the waist belt, I can see a little lower tummy on the MODEL. How would this transfer onto consumers, who are say, 4-5 inches shorter and a couple pounds heavier?

This collection is boring. It's true that it is because she is not a fashion designer but a celebrity trying her luck at a collection that she is not getting real criticism. The fact is we've all seen this before, by someone who thought of it first and probably ACTUALLY knew their way around a sewing machine at the very least.

I'm sorry but sending replicas of personal red-carpet fashion down a runway does not a designer make.
I'm your height and curvy and those types of dresses are the best for my figure, so maybe you just don't have the proportions to wear those kinds of outfits?

And we've heard all those same complaints about celebrity lines. Blah blah blah, if you want originality how about coming up with something original to complain about :lol:

She's starting to mix it up a bit, I love the yellow dress and the outfit she wore to the show :heart:

She has a 3-man team with the atelier in London. She's a very hands-on control freak type Creative Director. Her clothes are made for her customer and herself, she's not aiming to be ground-breaking.

it's hard to say for me, cause i think this girl is a b*tch, but victoria's collection is really good. i found balenciaga inspirations there a lil'

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batman112
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->