Apple's iPad

i'm not "in" for that tablet at all....truely, there's nothing compared to the pleasure of reading a book or a news paper. what the hell ??? do they really wanna us to say books are dead ? i personnally don't see the interest. it's aestethic, for sure, it's light, it's futuristic...but to me it's nothing. i don't mean to say "no" to the future, but there are things which are "nough" as they already are. hope i'm clear enough ^^

Well the price for the iPad turned out to be surprisingly accessible, I kept reading rumors that it'd be up to 1,000 dlls, which is nonsense come to think about it.

Can't say I'm not impressed by it :blush:. This is so my kind of gadget, just imagining I can fit it into my purse and travel with it not worrying about the weight or size makes me want to get my hands on it now!. :heart:

I love the idea of the tablet. I'm still wondering how the on-screen keyboard would work. Would it overlap your screen or window?
I would also be scared to scratch the screen, unless there is some sort of cover that comes along with & my neck might strain from looking straight down on it, haha.

Other than that, I quite like the iPad.

it's quite lovely but in my life unfortunately it wouldn't serve much purpose for me.

Horrible name. It just makes me think of feminine products. They would have been better off calling it iTablet or something.

The price is a lot more reasonable than I expected too,but whether this will translate into Sterling remains to be seen...probably not.

I love the thought of having a digital newspaper,complete with videos. But then the other part of me wonders how different this will be to a regular laptop? Albeit one with a touchscreen.

The name will the butt of many jokes, that is sure. :rolleyes:
But this is the first Apple product I crave! I've been dreaming about such a device for years now, something that allows e-book reading and text editing, and it can play movies! And it's black and shiny! :woot:
*LEMMING ENABLED* or should I wait till every other manufacturer comes up with their versions. I mean you Sony, take that concept, pimp it out with kick-a$s screen and longer battery, but please don't fu*k up the software *again*. :angry:

from Giz.

reasons that suck about the iPad

No Multitasking

You will need an adapter for everything with this thing.

No flash. (when Steve was browsing the web, at NYtimes, he scrolls down and there was this big empty spot on the webpage. at 14:00 FAIL)

more at Gizmodo
http://i.gizmodo.com/5458382/8-things-that-suck-about-the-ipad

i was actually hoping for some updates to the MacBook Pros.
need a new laptop. not impressed with the Ipad. not at all.

Everyone has been blogging and twittering about this ipad..i dont see the point of it. Its just a giant iPhone.

After reading the Gizmodo list, my excitement for the iPad went down. I'd still like to physically check it out, but the no flash downside is a downgrade.

^ :lol:
I KNEW I saw something like that before!

Edit: Went over Gizmodo list. Definitely a buzz killer. All the things I would miss.
Oh, well, I'll just wait till Sony or somebody else makes this tablet thing awesome. Just like Sony did with Xperia line, iphones suck big time compared to those things.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's basically a cross between a laptop and an iphone? As someone who has both already, I don't think the iPad will be of much use to me. :ermm:

And I hate the name. lol. I'd have preferred iTablet.

clearly the name was supposed to be a take off of 'ipod' but it was clearly dreamed up by men because I'm pretty sure a woman would be like um....wait a second....

My boyfriend has the same gripe that others have - it's basically a big iphone. The only thing I was excited for was the link to education materials. I know they are doing work with a lot of textbook producers, and the ability to have all my textbooks and articles in one place, on one device would be great. However, it would need to be more than an ebook reader - ie have the ability to highlight and make notes.

The only way I could see functionally using this like a laptop would be if they had docking stations to use the tablet as a screen and plug in an external keyboard. However, from my understanding, that's not really their intention.

Is the iPad like the Amazon Kindle? Or, is it merely the laptop without the keyboard? :huh: I think this is a waste of a product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batman112
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->