Celebs Who Carry Fake Handbags... Let's Discuss!

handles are too long, and the leather tab is not shaped correctly, either. maybe even celebs can't stomach spending $1200 on a canvas bag? :P

agirlcalledk1ll said:
it's not a different shade, or anything, it's the same shade, maybe your eyes are playing tricks, or you haen't seen many fake MC bags, but it's definately your typical fake MC speedy. once you've seen one, you can usually automatically spot one a mile away, they're so gross.

Personally, I feel that the original is a bit of a joke, and I think even Murakami must be amused at people falling over each other to determine the authenticity of his tribute to kitsch. And my eyes are fine enough, thank you very much. Please continue with your sombre pronouncements on Anna's perfidy to the LV oath.

Swati said:
Personally, I feel that the original is a bit of a joke, and I think even Murakami must be amused at people falling over each other to determine the authenticity of his tribute to kitsch. And my eyes are fine enough, thank you very much. Please continue with your sombre pronouncements on Anna's perfidy to the LV oath.

Well we are actually not falling over each other to determine authenticity. Its an obvious fake - i was trying to be nice and let you know how to see the difference from a real one and a fake one. But obviously this wasn't good enough for you?

and agirlcalledk1ll was not saying you had bad eyes - she was merely saying they might be playing tricks... which i can see why - the picture is a little hard to see...

And yes Anna's bag is a perfidy to LV. Its actually quite wrong to see celebs (anyone actually) carrying fakes - and supporting the counterfeit trade. That is my opinion anyway.

you guys are all really good at spotting fakes so iwas wondering, does anyone know how to spot a fake LV cerises handbag? should the cherries have the large white higlights on the tops or not?
thanks

.... i saw a photo of princess diana carrying a flendi clutch today....

agirlcalledk1ll said:
jennzy -- i think purposely posting pictures of the back of your pochette is very decieving....lol
just like if someone were to look at me in jeans and a tee shirt and hoodie, 22 yrs old, not very 'luxurious' looking on an everyday basis, working some small time job, and assume my bag was fake simply by where i work and what i am wearing i would be highly offended.
actually that happened to my sister. she works in a market, her friend in the deli saw a lady's cerise speedy..
she's talkative so she was like 'i like your bag' and mentioned that 'her friend' (my sister) had one.
the lady said snottily: 'if she works here, it's FAKE!'
my sister (24 years old) doesn't need to work, really. she does so to do something with her time and earn the extra money as to not feel guilty about throwing it around on a $995 bag. she was one of the first people the boston boutique called the day the cerise collection was available instores. it was a HUGE slap in the face for her to hear that someone is assuming she has a fake just because of her job.

Wow... that's awful.

Jennzy - If I had guessed at the test you posted I would have guessed the first pic of your bag was real because the leather has the right "sheen" for LV, but I probably would have said the second was not because of how the light is hitting it... the glare is bad.

Someone asked about Lohan's Birkin on page 2... I'm pretty sure it's real. It's not an attractive color or size for her - but it seems right. She mentions it in an article in Allure March 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
why did my post get deleted? It wasn't really off topic. I don't understand?

it's incredible how she can make ANY bag (fake or auth) look so bad. I would be going nuts if I was the karl.

On the bright side, at least she's coming out of the car with the bag open instead of her legs.

Wasn't Victoria Beckham caught with a fake bag a few years ago? It was called out and she claimed she had no idea because someone gave it to her? Have I lost my mind?

^^eeek disgusting! another reason to hate the show (aside from the bad acting of the main character).

I was wondering about all the bags on Gossip Girl. They have 500 bags on set. FIVE HUNDRED! That's a lot of money even for a big budget movie.....wonder if they have replicas on that set too.....

wow. this thread is hilarious. i have just discovered it. keep going cause is one hell of a good laugh here over this people.

I was wondering about all the bags on Gossip Girl. They have 500 bags on set. FIVE HUNDRED! That's a lot of money even for a big budget movie.....wonder if they have replicas on that set too.....

The show has a reputable stylist, his name is Eric Daman. So I bet he wouldn't let the characters carry fake bags. Plus, they just borrow the clothes and bags they use in the show from fashion houses anyways, they don't purchase them (same thing goes for Sex and the City). That's a major plus for a particular fashion house because their products get free publicity from the show.

The show has a reputable stylist, his name is Eric Daman. So I bet he wouldn't let the characters carry fake bags. Plus, they just borrow the clothes and bags they use in the show from fashion houses anyways, they don't purchase them (same thing goes for Sex and the City). That's a major plus for a particular fashion house because their products get free publicity from the show.

Ahhhhh! That makes sense!! Thanks for the info. I just remember hearing how the costume dept. budget for "The Devil Wears Prada" was something huge and outlandish and I was wondering how a TV series (esp a newer one) could afford that. But it totally makes sense that the companies would want their bags on the popular shows! :wink:

Regarding Paris Hilton and her fake bags.....yes, she has an insane amount of money at her disposal, but rich people can be VERY cheap!!! My hubby used to have clients with millions upon millions (and a few with billions) of dollars and they were some of the cheapest people! They do spend money, but they always bargain for the best deal. Also, I know Paris is cheap because I read an article where she was trying on shoes that were $1,000 and she wanted them free. The store said no and she says "Come on! You know once I wear them there will be pictures of them in every magazine and everyone will want them." So they gave them to her. :sick: Come on!! really! what's a grand to someone like that? But she would rather have it free. Maybe she asked LV for free bags and got mad when they refused her! Maybe carrying fakes was her way of saying f you to LV!! :rolleyes: Btw the article wasn't in a tabloid, it was in a newpaper and the writer was actually WITH Paris when it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->