MJ bags and celebs? Can't spot them together??

kathleen9804

Reaction score
Hello--- this is my first post or thread or whatever you call it Im a newbie...but I was wonderin why no celebs whatsoever carry Marc's bags???? Are they out or what, I'm confused!! Thanks.

Ive never noticed that...

Now that I think about it not many celebs carry MJ bags, not even MK&A or Kirsten Dunst, very MJ girls. The Spy, Classique, Birkin and Paddington are much more popular with celebs.

There's a pic of sophia bush carrying one here somewhere...i have seen ppl carrying them, just can't recall who......but if you see a celeb carrying a Louis Vuitton bag, and they all do, that's technically a Marc Jacobs bag

jssy4eva said:
There's a pic of sophia bush carrying one here somewhere...i have seen ppl carrying them, just can't recall who......but if you see a celeb carrying a Louis Vuitton bag, and they all do, that's technically a Marc Jacobs bag
Sophia Bush is a semi-celeb, she's only famous cause her father is a moron (The man mispronounced alibi).

Oh, right, if you count LV then everyone and thier mother carrys a MJ.

That's very true about LV, and Ms. Bush is the last person I would want to see carrying MJ, but I just bought 2 and I love them!!! It just boggles my mind that I never see them anywhere in the media. To be honest, I would rather that they don't appear on the arms of someone too famous!!!

P.S. Does anyone know if Marc Jacobs stores will fix your bags if the lose a metal stud thing??? One of mine broke awhile ago...=(

Oh, wrong bush, she was talking about the girl on that show, I don't know what it's called...not related to W.

I think I remember seeing some celeb carry a Marc Jacobs bag..maybe it was Jessica Simpson..but i've definitely dont think they are "out" because not a lot of celebs are pictured with one.

kathleen9804 said:
Hello--- this is my first post or thread or whatever you call it Im a newbie...but I was wonderin why no celebs whatsoever carry Marc's bags???? Are they out or what, I'm confused!! Thanks.

jada pinkett smith was in the people style issue with her white stella

selma blair had a style named after her recently (and there's pics of her in the candids thread with it).

sofia coppola is usually seen in mags carrying an older sofia (the bag named for her)

kirsten dunst has a baby devon (an older style)...i've seen pics of her with it.

lil kim has quite a few marc bags (she's supposedly his new muse :shock: )

these are just the one's I can think of off the top of my head...they definitely aren't "out"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the list...I guess I really didn't mean "out", more like "out" in Hollywood or something.

Kathleen---They do not do in-house repairs but they can probably send it out for you.

kimair said:
lil kim has quite a few marc bags (she's supposedly his new muse :shock: )

next season...nipple tops....do you need any more fabric?.....hotpants and thongs as outerwear...oh and of course plastic platform stilletos will complete the new marc jacobs girlB)

Are you kidding me......if she is the new muse....lord help us:unsure:

Diorling said:
Sophia Bush is a semi-celeb, she's only famous cause her father is a moron (The man mispronounced alibi).

Oh, right, if you count LV then everyone and thier mother carrys a MJ.

I 'm not talking about one of the Bush daughters...i'm talking about Sophia Bush...best known for one tree hill and being Chad Michael Murray's signifigant other .....

april05.jpg

A pic of her MJ bag...not the best but you can see it, she also has a green one i believe....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh God! if that the case I'm not intend to buy any of his bag from any collections:D

Has anyone looked at the Marc by Marc for fall 05?? I love most of them but I find some of them rather bland...the shiny one with circles is soo cute, esp in purple. It's so eye-catching, in a good way I think. Does anyone think this is too over the top???

To see the bag from the last post go to marcjacobs.com. Its in the marc by marc fall 2004 bags. The suede satchel with metallic polka dots. I loooove it.

Liv Tyler has had 3 (that I can think of) MJ bags in the past couple years...
A black Lola
A large bordeaux hobo
& a big green canvas/leather bag

jssy4eva said:
I 'm not talking about one of the Bush daughters...i'm talking about Sophia Bush...best known for one tree hill and being Chad Michael Murray's signifigant other .....

april05.jpg

A pic of her MJ bag...not the best but you can see it, she also has a green one i believe....
I figured that out right after I posted, I was like...oh wait...Aren't thier names Laura and Jemima or something? :innocent:

There is also a cousin, I forget her name though, she is W's niece I belive, she's actually much better looking than the twins.

Gina Gershon had the original Stella (which they reissued).
CaCee (sp??) Cobb, Jessica Simpson's minion/best friend, has a multipocket and venetia.
Nicole Richie has this round barrel shaped one (don't remember the name). it was from the same line as Liv's red hobo.
Scarlette Johanssen carried one in Lost in Translation (forget the style name -- she borrowed it from Sofia)

I've seen pics of Selma carrying the Selma -- does Karolina actually use the Karolina? I saw a pic of her with it but wasn't sure if it was just for publicity. and I read somewhere that Victoria Traina pre-ordered a croc Sofia when they first came out.

I think these bags are okay -- not really exciting. which might explain why we don't see more celebs carrying them (or maybe they are and we just don't notice).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->