Celebs Who Carry Fake Handbags... Let's Discuss!

good topic!

can we try and please just post pics of celebs we think carry fakes and not just an array of pics and THEN ask whether they are fake or not:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
how about some more pics of britney's 'paddington':P after close looks at pictures over and over again, i must agree with you guys that it is a fake. i'm almost 100% certain that it's not the small paddy. (source: popsugar.com)

Attachments

• _jpkio9.jpg
    _jpkio9.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 47
  • _jpkirk.jpg
    _jpkirk.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 92
  • britshorthair.jpg
    britshorthair.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 50
hey everyone, ive made a couple comments on this this thread about how you guys can look at a tiny pic of a purse and determine whether its real or not. so i decided to make up a small quiz containing 3 photos of a monogram canvas poches and monogram cherise speedy. i will leave it until tomorrow 9pm est (after my work) i will reveal the answers whether its real or not, and also source the pics then.
i have cropped the pic so you don't see whos face it is. it might be a celebrity, it might be a random person, it might be a random picture from a website. i was wondering if you can distinguish whether its real or fake thank you :smile:
-jenny
p.s i hope this doesn't come off as myself being very rude. i'm just curious thats all :smile:

lv3.jpg
lv2.jpg
lv1.jpg

^i am not an expert on the cheris line so i have no idea about that,

but both the pochette accessories look fake to me.. aren't the LVs in the wrong place? as demonstrated in this pic (from vuitton.com)

p10022588_ph_hero.jpg

the LV's are in the same place on my real one as in the picture above.

sorry one more thing, i forgot to mention, that the pochetts may be monogram cherise since the mono cherise's back is just like monogram canvas.
i didnt know how to edit my post

edited to say: oh thats weird this post says edit but my other one doesnt. maybe because i just used quick reply :P

^well if they are the monogram cheris pochette, the cherry should be on the side that is facing out in the pictures as that is the front.
Picture of the real bag: (from purseblog.com)

louis_vuitton_pochette_accessoires.jpg

In My opinion the pictures you posted are fake.

I am not an expert on LV but I think #1 is very definitely fake. Possibly also #3 but I can't be sure.

This is a hilarious and wonderful thread. I never would have thought to notice whether celebs were carrying fakes but now that you all point it out, you are definitely right!

I wonder if they were given as gifts or the celebs knew they were fake! Most interesting.

:lol:!!

i'm imagining paris' "friends" giving her such gifts...
i wouldn't blame mrs federline if it were a gift though :innocent:

The leather straps on LV doesn't necessarily get darker easily. I bought a strap for my mini multicolore speedy that's almost 2 years old and it's as bright as ever. While the handles on the bag are darker easier. Both were bought at an LV store

This is intriguing! ;p I cant tell from this picture if the cerises speedy is real or fake (too far to really, cherries seem to be placed correctly but overall looks alittle off)... give me a closeup pic of the cherries & it will be the best answer to this quiz. :D

I soooooo want to know if these celebs know their bag is a fake.
It would be funny if they didn't.....lol.

awwe it sucks that only like 2 people have replied...
and the real answers to those pictures are....
*Drum rolls please*

the first 2 are real. because they're my cherise monogram pochette but its the back of it. sometimes i wear it so you can see the cherries and sometimes i wear it the other way so you don't see the cherries i'll take a closer pics of it and post it when i get back to school (i have the digi here, however i don't have my cable. i will also include a recipt in the pic to prove that it is real.
and as for the 3rd one, its a picture of nikki hilton.
the point of the quiz is that you can't determine someone's purse only by solely looking at the photo. its hard to do it. you ca look at the detailed photo then determine it but not by a small picture of someone carrying it because you can't see all the details. so unless you have seen these celebrities wear their "fake" purses in person, i personally wouldn't comment and say they're using fake bags because i honestly don't believe that they are wearing fakes. i mean come on they have money. more money and worth more than all of us combined. so why would they use fake? i mean i myself, who is only 18 own 3 real LV items i save my allowances, my paycheques to get them. so if i can afford real ones and im like worth nothing, they for sure can afford real ones.
thats my couple cents of the day :P
-jenny...
p.s for those who have participated in my little fun quiz, and you still can't believe that the first 2 pics are for sure real, and 3rd one is the one i took off internet, and i assume its real because its nikki, please email me for photos i will gladly send them to you i thought about posting here, but i thought it'd b too clogged with pics. so i will make a link to it to save space, or send the pics. either way email me if you want them to be emailed and i will email them to you tomorrow when i go back to london (ontario... :( i wish it was england) for school.
p.p.s the sources, first two pics are of me and my friends at value village (oh man it was my first time and i hated it with a passion :( ) and the third pic i got it from a website through googling.

i dunno about LV but i'm still certain ms spears paddy is a fake.
a paddy is harder to copy than say, a prada nylon bag.. and fakers continue to make the same crucial mistakes..

anyway, maybe i'm fooling myself, but celebs don't always lead the glamorous lives we tend to think they do (unless you're a-list like mel gibson).. i think some TFSers can probably attest to having seen that first hand..

just my 2 cents :smile:

jennzy said:
awwe it sucks that only like 2 people have replied...
and the real answers to those pictures are....
*Drum rolls please*

the first 2 are real. because they're my cherise monogram pochette but its the back of it. sometimes i wear it so you can see the cherries and sometimes i wear it the other way so you don't see the cherries i'll take a closer pics of it and post it when i get back to school (i have the digi here, however i don't have my cable. i will also include a recipt in the pic to prove that it is real.
and as for the 3rd one, its a picture of nikki hilton.
the point of the quiz is that you can't determine someone's purse only by solely looking at the photo. its hard to do it. you ca look at the detailed photo then determine it but not by a small picture of someone carrying it because you can't see all the details. so unless you have seen these celebrities wear their "fake" purses in person, i personally wouldn't comment and say they're using fake bags because i honestly don't believe that they are wearing fakes. i mean come on they have money. more money and worth more than all of us combined. so why would they use fake? i mean i myself, who is only 18 own 3 real LV items i save my allowances, my paycheques to get them. so if i can afford real ones and im like worth nothing, they for sure can afford real ones.
thats my couple cents of the day :P
-jenny...
p.s for those who have participated in my little fun quiz, and you still can't believe that the first 2 pics are for sure real, and 3rd one is the one i took off internet, and i assume its real because its nikki, please email me for photos i will gladly send them to you i thought about posting here, but i thought it'd b too clogged with pics. so i will make a link to it to save space, or send the pics. either way email me if you want them to be emailed and i will email them to you tomorrow when i go back to london (ontario... :( i wish it was england) for school.
p.p.s the sources, first two pics are of me and my friends at value village (oh man it was my first time and i hated it with a passion :( ) and the third pic i got it from a website through googling.

well i thought the cherry is meant to be on the front of the bag. And in the picture you posted well that is the front. (and the cherry is not there...)
Unless of course the cherry comes on both sides.. i don't know.

And also.. you shoudln't assume that the third one is real just because its Nikki Hilton, after all her sister Paris owns an abundance of fakes!!

jennzy -- i think purposely posting pictures of the back of your pochette is very decieving....lol
most people who have a cerise pochette wear it with the cherry out...
most people would assume it's fake if they saw it carried backwards, and yes, they're wrong...there are some people that know that the placement of the LVs on the cerise pochette was, infact, different than the regular pochette..so maybe those might beable to realise that..
but you're right, just by a glance, people thought it was fake..if they had seen the front, it probably would've gotten a different response.
heck, i love LV, i know a ton about the bags, and if i saw you carrying it backwards in person, i'd think it was fake too ...iit's more often i see fake pochettes than cerise pochettes carried backwards, lol.
but my point is...........
celebrites carry fakes.
the hiltons CERTAINLY carry fakes.
(but yes, they also carry real.)
but just because they have money doesn't mean you should automatically assume their bag is real.
just like if someone were to look at me in jeans and a tee shirt and hoodie, 22 yrs old, not very 'luxurious' looking on an everyday basis, working some small time job, and assume my bag was fake simply by where i work and what i am wearing i would be highly offended.
actually that happened to my sister. she works in a market, her friend in the deli saw a lady's cerise speedy..
she's talkative so she was like 'i like your bag' and mentioned that 'her friend' (my sister) had one.
the lady said snottily: 'if she works here, it's FAKE!'
my sister (24 years old) doesn't need to work, really. she does so to do something with her time and earn the extra money as to not feel guilty about throwing it around on a $995 bag. she was one of the first people the boston boutique called the day the cerise collection was available instores. it was a HUGE slap in the face for her to hear that someone is assuming she has a fake just because of her job.

there's so many things i can point out about the bags in question carried by the hiltons and such.....and i will if you really want me to (lol, it'll take me a while though....), but i don't have the time right now, and it's a little futile to say the same things over and over that have already been said in the thread (multicolore papillion was never made and CAN NOT be special ordered, even by the pope!! lol, if a mc bag has a symbol the same color as an LV diagonally above it, it's fake, real MC bags have THIRTY-THREE colors, not five, the alignment is always the same on a certain style, and it's always perfectly lined-up/symmetrical -and LVs can be cut off, it depends on the style..etc etc etc, lol, stuff so simple that you can tell just by looking at a picture).
it's naive to assume someone carries real SIMPLY because they're a celebrity.
whether they mean to or not, they do own/carry fake bags sometimes......
yes sometimes pictures can be decieving....it could be a bad angle, or they could be holding a bag in a different way than how you're normally used to seeing it...
but sometimes they're photographic proof that money doesn't = authentic handbags..
i think it's good to just keep that in mind..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->