Converse - The All-Things 'Converse Sneakers/Trainers' Thread

In the last couple of weeks I have become completely obsessed with these, I know own the shorts in:
-turqoise
-off white
-lime green
-navy

I think they are really versatile shoes, and beyond comfortable.

i used to like these. i'd wear them every day, and i owned over 20 pairs, but now i'm so over it :rolleyes:

I remember when they were less than $20. This is getting ridiculous. I don't even like them anymore. But I thought they were pretty cool in elementary school. I had three or four pairs.

AlexN said:
I don't even like them anymore. But I thought they were pretty cool in elementary school. I had three or four pairs.

that's what i was talking about... :rofl:

Meg said:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean them? Mine have the worst salt stains and dirty stains on the fabric of the heel and the sides. I have a sweet *** pair of tri tone pink. schwing
i just threw mine into the washing machine witha couple of towels so they don't bang around too much...

tazmanian devil!!!!

When I was in elementary school I had a pair of converse with the tazmanian devil character embroidered on beside the logo...I thought I was pretty damn cool. I got over the converse thing but I still enjoy them on those who pull off the alternative-punk look well.

but I think that they are in the same category as keds....I remember when keds were EXTREMELY uncool, and 15 bucks for the real ones, too (converse were cool, but cheap).....I took a look at some keds the other day as a joke and I was horrified to find they were selling for sixty freaking dollars! dear lord. and they havent changed much at all. I just dont get it...were keds bought out by someone else as well? a thin rubber sole, some canvas material, some elastic and a little plastic blue tab....my.

Nike overprices EVERYTHING. imo. It is tragic they got their hands on Converse.

Go to converse.com They have every imaginable color.

I'm hoping to get hi white ones for summer. I only have hi camo ones now. enough for me at the moment. I don't care to wear them every day in every colour

I got pink ones....love them! they are so comfortable, I could wear them in bed! :wink:

Arksiel said:
When I was in elementary school I had a pair of converse with the tazmanian devil character embroidered on beside the logo...I thought I was pretty damn cool.

I like that! ^_^

I love converse... still have ones that i wore in middle school. :lol: but now i only wear black high tops when i'm feeling up for it.

They just came up with a neon "line":

Neon

1729-126070-t.jpg
1729-126071-t.jpg
1729-126072-t.jpg

Zappos.com

What's the difference between the specialty, core, seasonnal, core seasonnal ones? They all look the same to me. :unsure:

I have the high tops in red and black, and I LIVE in them. I would like some more high tops in green, bright blue, and purple. They are 40 bucks everywhere I've seen.

nycgirl84 said:
They are 40 bucks everywhere I've seen.
I can't believe they raised the price 100%. They're canvas and rubber, not even worth the $20 they used to cost. :lol: :wacko: And it's not like they're made well; they're always irregular and weird.

For cleaning, throw 'em in the washing machine, then let them air dry, or the fabric will shrink.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Allstars...I have em in black and I have a pair with caramel calfskin :heart: Those black ones costed me 55 euros and the caramel ones 79....

i was really shocked by the prices - £34.99 for lo, £39.99 for hi. in asia, they cost about £10 for hi, even less for the lo...

*Pic From Hot Topic*

I have these and I love the color...and I agree! They definetely are NOT shoes to walk around forever in. These gave me blisters for the first 4 months I had them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->