Prada F/W 2021.22 by David Sims

UK GQ Digital Edition

giphy.gif

This is the lowest of the low. I've never seen such a desperate campaign, and from my favorite designer at that! There is no confidence in the images, nor in the overall composition. It's all very trendy and passé. Unfortunately Prada has reached her mid life crisis, and it has come to one ugly conclusion. The clothing and accessories are mediocre at best, but a smart campaign could have elevate them and made them desirable. Instead we got whatever this is. What is the story? It's a group of empty minded images with equally empty products. Prada in its current state is not a smart buy. You would be better off buying a classic from Chanel or Fendi. At least they would hold their value. The way Prada is going, I only see the value going down. What they need is a bold designer for RTW and a brilliant bag designer. Miuccia no longer has any passion for her work and Raf is an egotistical time bomb. When he finally goes off Prada is going to take a big hit. It's not too late to fix it. Hopefully they will realize that sooner rather than later.

giphy

Depressing bunch of images. Not even the architecture pics excite me.

Not a single good photo. The whole thing look like a Document magazine editorial.

David Sims really need a good French stylist to shine.

This is just making me sad. I have been an admirer of Miucca and her visual language for decades. Its been going down for a while now but this sad excuse of a moodboard should have never left any boardroom. Everything reeks of desperation and pretentiousness. I also blame the Belgian piep piper of Hamelin who loves to enable her bs intellectualisms.

Does this actually feel like Prada? Answer at Prada.com

Vogue Taiwan Digital Edition

Why do they insist on adding the text and questions with each campaign? It's so superfluous. The images are beautiful in their own right, they don't need text. Raf is obsessed with adding words to his work (ie. those monstrous text-emblazoned pieces from the Spring Summer 2021 womenswear collection), but instead of coming off as "intelligent" and "creative" it just comes off as pretentious and redundant. Will he ever learn?

^they look even worse in print. depressing.

Men's Uno Taiwan Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->