The Last TV Show You Saw?

Tried to watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Couldn’t make it past the first episode. Pure crap and so loud. I’ll just stick to my British series and classic movies.

Hahahaha. But you know what's so odd, MMA? IT KEEPS GETTING NOMINATED EACH YEAR!

The Morning Show

Surprisingly solid, and I started watching it with the lowest expectations thinking it was very 'middle-class television'. The first few episodes delving into Reese Witherspoon's character felt too Erin Brokovich for my taste, 'the righteous but flawed go-getter fighting for justice'. But instead of a push-up bra in your face, we got a bad wig this time around. Really struggled to connect with that character. It's just too SJW - unapologetic crusading for the sake of crusading without so much as a thought to dig deeper around the parties involved.
After about the 3rd episode it gets really gripping and juicy, with a solid storyline and all sorts of plot twists that don't feel forced or fake. Then there's also the smaller details like the day to day running of the show, the PR strategist, and how easy it is to overlook inappropriate behaviour. There were moments when it felt a bit rushed and a few sub-storylines got overlooked, but overall it's definitely worth checking out.

"Shrill" on Hulu. Aidy Bryant strikes me as the girl who took gay guys to prom, so I'm loving this show. It's the only show I've binge-watched in..forever..and I never do that. I'm a fan.

Plus, one of the themes of the show is plus-size positivity. I can support that :smile:

And everyone appears to be so wholesome and encouraging to each other. In addition they make all these group challenges work without complaining. Meanwhile on Project Runway when there is a group challenge about to happen you know the results will likely be bad.

Then again the last two shows I watched were the latest episode of Project Runway and The CW's new YA dramedy Katy Keene

The Morning Show
Winona Earp
Awkwafina Nora from Queens

Just finished season 2 of Sorry For Your Loss. So wonderful. Finishing off season 3 of The Crown and I'm a few episodes into The Marvelous Mrs Maisel.

Why Women Kill. I adore a good soapy, dramatic show with a perfect dose of dark humor and this one was it! The perfect show! I haven't watched something as interesting (in that soapy fun kind of field) since the iconic Desperate Housewives (which comes from the same creator so it's no surprise). The story is original and unlike anything I've seen before, the finale was spectacular and the casting was amazing. Tens across the board!!

The Circle on Netflix.

So, the contestant with the heavily-filtered profile pic was NOT immediately called out as a catfisher? Sure, Jan.

Hmmm, now I wonder...who's the resident catfisher here on TFS. :unsure::unsure:

I started watching Mrs. America, the first three episodes that are out. The show is fantastic, and Cate Blanchett is undoubtedly one of the most captivating people that have ever walked this Earth. It is so hard to take your eyes off her.

I really need to watch Mrs America! I've got so many shows on my list right now.

I'm in the middle of Season 5 of The West Wing. It is glorious and such a wonderful antidote to everything that's going on right now.

Killing Eve and Fleabag! Just got into Fleabag after watching the first episode of Killing Eve's season three and was gutted to realise season two was the last... got through both seasons within two days, laughed from start to finish. Such a brilliant series!

^ Fleabag, especially the second season, was was one of my favorite shows to watch last year!

Right now I'm watching Ozark and the last ever season of Homeland! I'm really sad this show is coming to an end...

I really loved series 2 of Fleabag too. I think it's better than series 1. I also saw the NT Live production at the cinema in March, and that was fantastic.

The West Wing, still getting on with season 5.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
The Man in the High Castle
Ozark

I'm obsessed with Law and Order: SUV. I started to watch it in Amazon Prime but only three seasons are available in Mexico but fortunately I found the show in another not so legal page -and has no ads and viruses-.

I feel you. I haven't watched it in ages but a German TV channel used to (mabye still) have a SVU night where they showed like 5 episodes at once every week and that got me hooked.

Currently, I'm watching the German Netflix series Dark in preparation for the soon to be released final season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->