The Last TV Show You Saw?

Watching The West Wing. On the final leg of it. 10 or so more episodes to go. I can't believe it's almost over...

Watching The West Wing. On the final leg of it. 10 or so more episodes to go. I can't believe it's almost over...
Finally finished with the show after many years. The show is fantastic.

I'm now watching the latest season of Grace and Frankie. It's so joyful and funny.

Finished off Grace and Frankie. A really engaging season. Back to my regular rewatch of The Good Wife. :flower:

finished:
Flesh and Bone (Starz) - I really dug it but it's a shame it was only a mini series. So much potential and so many untouched storylines.
How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) (S2, Netflix) - very fun but way too short!

currently watching:
Future Man (S1, Hulu) - very fun as well!

Watching the current season of Below Deck Med.

This job is incredibly stressful, but Hannah & Malia really work so hard to keep everything running smoothly!!

Back to rewatching The Good Wife. I've been watching Seasons 6 and 7 this time around.

Finished The Good Wife, and am watching Normal People, which I'm really enjoying. I read the book earlier on this year, and found that incredibly frustrating. The story works better on screen. :flower:

I May Destroy You (ep.1-7) Michaela Coel is a genius.

Mrs America
Schitt’s Creek
Wyonna Earp
The First 48

I May Destroy You (ep.1-7) Michaela Coel is a genius.
Yeah, it's amazing how she takes you down a road where, towards the end, you just want to punch her in the face! I still don't know what to think of it other than: it's zero ego as a creator, but everything about it says lots of ego, too... :glare:.. I still want a spin-off about her two besties.

I finished De Twaalf the other day and haven't been able to watch anything, it was so good everything else feels inferior. I watched the final episode before going to bed so naturally I couldn't sleep and then had a bunch of dreams about it. It really makes you realise that we build our sense of justice with a lot of baggage, a lot of pre-conceived notions and judgement and the series succeeds at leaving the viewer the way many trials do, in square one, not really sure that we'll ever know what truly happened.

The Society on Netflix - saw it before but re watching since the new season got pushed back & i forgot what happened

"What We Do in the Shadows." It's just an okday show; mildly entertaining. But it stars Beanie Feldstein, who I love seeing on TV, so I'll tune into season 2 after bingeing season 1.

I really need to watch Mrs America!

BBC iplayer got it sometime last month but I only got round to it recently. Watched it in one go, and I'm not a binger.
I'm overall impressed, but as with most American series, it's very glossy and at times that detracts from the subject matter. Cate Blanchett is of course stunning, and unlike Charlize's Megyn Kelly, her character gave a proper insight into the mindset of American conservative/republican women.
Yes, at the core she was actually a feminist who had to barter freedom from a man whereas the second wave feminists she fought so fiercely also had to make a similar deal with the patriarchy. I'm surprised she couldn't see the parallels!
Cate doesn't carry the series though. Sara Paulsen is also great throughout, as well as Uzo Aduba. But Tracy Ullman as Betty Friedan and the lady who portrayed Bella Abzug commands all the scenes they were in.
The dud of the series is Rose Burne cosplaying as Gloria Steinem with a blatantly fake accent, touching her dodgy wig and fixing her glasses more than actually acting. Skipped most of her parts. I don't even know if American born viewers fell for her annoyingly fake accent.

Ultimately it's one of those universal women's stories, and the story is quite dense so I'm glad it got series treatment instead of a 2-hour movie. Despite that, some characters would get centre stage in one episode never to be seen or mentioned again the series. Very odd.

Flesh and Blood on Itv Hub. I'd never even considered watching something like this, but it was safe enough to watch with my gran. Visually it looks like the type of mini-series your typical 'middle class' English family would watch after dinner. Lots of sunset, nature scenery, and a 'next door' looking cast. But the subtexts are actually quite dark (male prostitution, faking pregnancies, and a creepy Single White Female type neighbour).
Only 4 episodes, and the main storyline is very similar to Notes on a Scandal with Judi Dench. Imelda Staunton in top form.

Last edited:
“P Valley” on Starz.

So that’s what “surfboard” means!

BBC iplayer got it sometime last month but I only got round to it recently. Watched it in one go, and I'm not a binger.
I'm overall impressed, but as with most American series, it's very glossy and at times that detracts from the subject matter. Cate Blanchett is of course stunning, and unlike Charlize's Megyn Kelly, her character gave a proper insight into the mindset of American conservative/republican women.
Yes, at the core she was actually a feminist who had to barter freedom from a man whereas the second wave feminists she fought so fiercely also had to make a similar deal with the patriarchy. I'm surprised she couldn't see the parallels!
Cate doesn't carry the series though. Sara Paulsen is also great throughout, as well as Uzo Aduba. But Tracy Ullman as Betty Friedan and the lady who portrayed Bella Abzug commands all the scenes they were in.
The dud of the series is Rose Burne cosplaying as Gloria Steinem with a blatantly fake accent, touching her dodgy wig and fixing her glasses more than actually acting. Skipped most of her parts. I don't even know if American born viewers fell for her annoyingly fake accent.

Ultimately it's one of those universal women's stories, and the story is quite dense so I'm glad it got series treatment instead of a 2-hour movie. Despite that, some characters would get centre stage in one episode never to be seen or mentioned again the series. Very odd.

Flesh and Blood on Itv Hub. I'd never even considered watching something like this, but it was safe enough to watch with my gran. Visually it looks like the type of mini-series your typical 'middle class' English family would watch after dinner. Lots of sunset, nature scenery, and a 'next door' looking cast. But the subtexts are actually quite dark (male prostitution, faking pregnancies, and a creepy Single White Female type neighbour).
Only 4 episodes, and the main storyline is very similar to Notes on a Scandal with Judi Dench. Imelda Staunton in top form.
Really interesting to hear your thoughts. Thanks for sharing! When I get around to the series, I'll be surety touch base with you. I'm a bit disappointed to hear that about Rose Byrne though. Gloria is such an icon, and I normally like Rose's performances...

Really interesting to hear your thoughts. Thanks for sharing! When I get around to the series, I'll be surety touch base with you. I'm a bit disappointed to hear that about Rose Byrne though. Gloria is such an icon, and I normally like Rose's performances...

Yes, please do! Keen to see how you'll interpret it.
Gloria is an icon, but it was interesting to see how she was merely a 'player' in this story and not the lead. A couple of times throughout the series they allude to the fact that she's the more famous of the rest, but you wouldn't say that and in a way it's good because it allows other characters to shine. But I won't speak on this anymore until you've watched it, lol.

Lovecraft Country - ep. 1 & 2

first time seeing Abbey Lee (Kershaw) act, she is quite captivating during her scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->