The Last TV Show You Saw?

"The Great", season 2. I never really thought I'd be a big Fanning fangirl, but Elle's pretty good in it. Is it historically accurate? Probably not. But does it make for good eye-candy? Definitely.

So..Huzzah!

"The Great", season 2. I never really thought I'd be a big Fanning fangirl, but Elle's pretty good in it. Is it historically accurate? Probably not. But does it make for good eye-candy? Definitely.

So..Huzzah!

keep meaning to watch this, but I always put it off. One of these days I’ll have to binge!

A Very British Scandal on BBC iPlayer with Claire Foy playing the lead role and I was hooked from start to finish, absolutely brilliant and would recommend to anyone who's interested in period dramas and British history.

Reactions: KoV

So..Huzzah!
Probably not? LOL....more like absolutely not. LOL. The casting alone is completely ahistorical. To portray any historical European court as a United Colors of Benetton ad is completely fantasy. But, it's the way it goes now. I've seen little snippets of this show - my friend is watching it - and it's not really my cup of tea. I find that it's trying to be like "The Favourite," but doesn't have the same taste level...so the humor doesn't land for me.

I've been watching "Pam & Tommy." It's decent and fun to watch. Has a sort of Ryan Murphy "American Crime Story" feel. Sebastian and Lily James are completely incredible as the title characters. There are so many moments where Lily completely disappears into Pam, it's almost eerie.

The Real Housewives of Atlanta. I have been re-watching from season one (for the umpteenth time) and currently up to season eight! :magic:

Probably not? LOL....more like absolutely not. LOL. The casting alone is completely ahistorical. To portray any historical European court as a United Colors of Benetton ad is completely fantasy. But, it's the way it goes now. I've seen little snippets of this show - my friend is watching it - and it's not really my cup of tea. I find that it's trying to be like "The Favourite," but doesn't have the same taste level...so the humor doesn't land for me.

I've been watching "Pam & Tommy." It's decent and fun to watch. Has a sort of Ryan Murphy "American Crime Story" feel. Sebastian and Lily James are completely incredible as the title characters. There are so many moments where Lily completely disappears into Pam, it's almost eerie.
That fantasy-casting is silly to me. I get it: Inclusion + Diversity are key factors when casting anything nowadays, but seriously, not EVERY show has to have AOCs (actors..not Alexandria) in it, esp. if it's simply historically inaccurate.

I just watched the 2 episodes of the Kanye documentary on Netflix. It's very good, surprisingly enough. I think the first 2 eps. do a fantastic job at reminding us how amazing and creative and innovative he really was when he first started out. There's a scene where he's rapping after Mos Def...all freestyle..all off the top of his head...nothing pre-written/pre-rehearsed. That's the Kanye I miss :smile:

Two episodes into Downton Abbey and I'm hooked. If someone had told me my beloved Charlie Cox was in it (being gay!), I probably would have watched it sooner. It's all the posh british drama I never knew I needed!

Reactions: KoV
"Abbott Elementary" on ABC, which is the best show I've seen on network TV since streaming services took over. The principal is hysterical!

Pam & Tommy, watched all eight episodes back to back when doing some crafting. I was hooked from start to finishe, became so invested in seeing how the story ended (having forgot most of the facts about P&T themselves). Brilliant, both Lily James and Sebastian Stan were excellent!

Fisk - it was pure joy. If anyone loves Australian comedy Fisk is a gem.

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, had season five playing in the background while doing some DIY earlier this week and ended up watching it right through until the final reunion.

I've been slowly making my way through The Andy Warhol Diaries, the second season of Bridgeton, and Somebody Somewhere.

The Queen of South, all 5 seasons of it in 3 days. It could have done a better edit and ended one or two seasons shorter, making it tighter and better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chikirin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->