Apple's iPad

2010 is the year of the pads and its going to be a bloody war.

Not particularly a a good thing as competition is always good for customers, but i m afraid as they did with the music players apple has already win the tablet war.
there are already near 4 millions ipad, still no competition at the level of the apple store for applications, and Apple has still the edge about touch screen OS.
So yeap other tablet arrive, but when other will make their first attent, apple will launch the second generation, so will always keep an advance really hard to catch for any competitors.

Also, it is now sure that the rather affordable price of the ipad has really caught the competitor by surprise which has delay some projects which was in the pipes...

I was actually trying to be humorous with that line haha, but i agree apple does always have the upper hand when it comes to technological releases and surprising the competitor.. To bad the new iphone has the antenna problem.

Im thinking of buying an I pad... I want a mobile browser and a photo viewer...

How do people who have one find it... especially using tfs web site... I know I prob should wait to the second generation... but I want it now!

My only wish is it had a USB port... but I hear now you can get a camera hook up kit for it which also acts as a USB port... is this true?

Can you print direct from an Ipad?

you cannot print from an ipad. I have one that my husband on a whim decided to buy me for a gift, and I absolutely love it, minus a few things. I truly wish they would get the flash situation worked out. I don't know about the camera thing. We have a Mac Book so we just transfer stuff onto it that way. The image quality, portability, and ease of use make it a win to me. It's great for watching things off of netflix if you have an account. I would definitely recommend getting it with the 3G option, you don't have to sign a contract and can just pay as you go when you need it. We have wireless in our home, but are planning to take it on vacation and are going to be using it for navigation, etc while we are there, so will just sign up for some data and then cancel it when we return home. All in all it's a great device!

How do people who have one find it... especially using tfs web site... I know I prob should wait to the second generation... but I want it now!

My only wish is it had a USB port... but I hear now you can get a camera hook up kit for it which also acts as a USB port... is this true?

Can you print direct from an Ipad?

There are apps on the app store that allow you to print from the iPad...

really? That's interesting. The people that sold me my ipad need to take some training classes then, because I was told no.

?

for the use u want (photo and web browsing) the ipad is absoluty great, u will love it. I use mine mainly for these 2 things 2, and to browse abd show pictures it is really unbelievable, much convenient than a macbook and it gives really a new way to watch pictures.

for the TFS web site, unfortuatly it is vey far to be a good web site for mobile devices...wonder what they use all the ads money for, i ve seen zero improvement in this site, despite more and more disturbing ads everywhere...:innocent:

I've used the TFS website on an iPad and it was really easy. For web-surfing, it's great. It's just not good for creating stuff. Just consuming.

yeah, I just got one from my friend at the apple store. I'm going to be blogging and taking photos around europe for fashion week so I figured it was perfect! I think its going to be alot easier when it comes to bloggers!

This makes me glad I didn't get one yet. Patience is a virtue with Apple products.

New iPad with FaceTime coming soon
According to sources cited by AppleInsider, an iPad with a front-facing camera and FaceTime will likely be released soon, breaking Apple's traditional 12-month product cycle for "i" devices.

The sources claim that the refreshed iPad is already in advanced testing stages, just five months after the launch of the first-generation tablet.

Expected launch date for the second-generation iPad? The Q1 2011.

The site also speculated that Apple is hoping to embed FaceTime into all its iOS devices before opening up the standard to the community.

FaceTime has become the main selling point for all new iOS device, with new TV ads boasting about the software rather than new hardware enhancements to the devices.

afterdawn.com

Have you all seen the designer cases for these? It's funny to me to spend more on the cases than the device cost!

I'm happy that I waited too, I knew they were going to upgrade the Pad sooner or later. They've put facetime into iPod Touch too so I guess that'll be the new big thing. Can't wait!

i'm not interested in facetime, skype or any kind of video chat so i don't really care about the camera but it still kinda suck that apple's been upgrading too fast these past few years...
i have to say i prefer the days when an ibook costs me 2k but i can use it for years without feeling "left behind"

I have been considering getting an iPad as a grad gift - as I want something I will use and not just sit there (like a fancy pen). So I would like it now, but it seems kind of pointless if they will be coming with camera's for facetime as that would be a big bonus for me. hmm....

i'm not interested in facetime, skype or any kind of video chat so i don't really care about the camera but it still kinda suck that apple's been upgrading too fast these past few years...
i have to say i prefer the days when an ibook costs me 2k but i can use it for years without feeling "left behind"

Agree. That's why I have a love/ hate with Apple products.
I was given the iPad as a gift and I LOVE it but I wish he would have waited until the upgrade. I don't like to buy the first model of anything- I want the kinks worked out!

^this is why i never get these devices until about 2 years after they have came out. the ones who wait always seem to get the better deal on these things. i wanted to get my ipad this christmas but i'll wait until around summer or christmas of next year.

^this is why i never get these devices until about 2 years after they have came out. the ones who wait always seem to get the better deal on these things. i wanted to get my ipad this christmas but i'll wait until around summer or christmas of next year.

from another side, with appple stuff u can always easily sell the previous version u have.
so i have the basic ipad, i will just sell it when new one will go out and buy new one.
i m pretty sure will just "loose" about 200$, which is not bad to use a device during one year.

I don't like Apple, nor the iPad. I find it one of the most useless inventions of the past decade. Come on, it's no a computer it's not a cellphone, the world could function perfectly well without iPads... Indeed, you could buy one, and the next month is gonna be another model with more funtions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batman112
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->