• --

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • --

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • --

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need opinions on these shoes - yay or nay to wear to the office?

image1xl.jpg

*edit* source: asos.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^YAY! T-Straps are classy and business-appropriate. Only neg, ASOS shoes take awhile to break in, imho.

Greetings, xkrissax. Those shoes in Post #601 are good enough to wear almost anywhere. So my answer is Big Yay! to wear anywhere- including the office. Just don't wear these pumps to rock concerts, demolition derbies, or any of those functions where crazy young folks gather 'round.

Big yay to those pumps. Dress and shop with confidence!

Yay from me, they are quite plain but cute, chunky heel means they're probably very comfy, I'd say you'll get a lot of wear out of them :smile:

Thank you to everyone who has replied, I feel much more confident with my purchase now! I will be strutting around the office in them haha :lol:

what did you end up deciding lagerfeldboy?

You guys are gonna hate me, but I didn't end up getting the YSL shoes :cry:
So, at one point I decided to ignore the shoes and instead purchase one of the Balenciaga egyptofunk sweaters. By the time I was ready to make the Balenciaga purchase, they had sold out (I'm such a moron. I called like on Wednesday of last week thinking they'd still have them but nothing :cry:). It was also too late to purchase the YSL shoes because the netaporter sale ended earlier. Sigh, it is what it is. I'm such an idiot lol.

^there will always be another drool-worthy purchase worth making :P
don't beat yourself up about missing out :flower:

All we do here is sway interest. The actual clothing buying decisions ultimately come down to the person seeking opinions on fashions. We can only do so much.

Wondering about this brushed twill peacoat from Alexander Wang...yay or nay? :smile:

(picture from lagarconne.com)

Attachments

• alexander wang.jpg
    alexander wang.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 3
The front design of the coat (Post #611) throws me off. That sort of on-the-side detail on front would look great on a motorcycle jacket, but I'm not feeling it for this. Don't just get this (if you do) because it is different looking. This is different-bad. The front alone is the deal breaker. So Nay! is my final verdict. Someone else may convince you otherwise, but you're not getting a convincing from me regarding this coat.

I feel like for whatever price you are paying for that coat you should buy something a little more timeless.. the coat to me reads a little busy and trendy.

I wouldnt buy it as a staple, but if you are rich lol and already have a lot of coats id buy it to wear when i feel like it cause its not that bad, just not THE coat

^ I agree with this post. Definitely not a staple. but if you don't want it for a staple and really like it then I would get it. Personally, I don't like the design on the front.

i think it's cool and different, i say yay to the coat ^_^

X-Posting from the shoe yay or nay (I hope that's ok:(

I have some Valentino heels in this color that I love, but they are 4 inch pointy toed heels, and they just kill my feet. Are these Kate Spades still fashionable, or too matronly?

8522531701_429dd6ee4e_o.jpg

Original photo source: CoutureZappos

X-Posting from the shoe yay or nay (I hope that's ok:(

I have some Valentino heels in this color that I love, but they are 4 inch pointy toed heels, and they just kill my feet. Are these Kate Spades still fashionable, or too matronly?

Original photo source: CoutureZappos

I think it will depend on what you will wear them with. I think they will look cute with skinny jeans and a striped tee or white blouse or a 50's inspired look but I would stay away from pairing them with bootcut jeans and anything that look the slightest bit dated.

^ those shoes are a big yay from me, love them. Don't think they are 'matronly' at all.

I gave my opinion on those shoes (Post #617), which was Yay!. They are pretty classy, but also a bit fun with the go-go boot like heels. Not sure if I'd recommend go-go dancing with classy shoes like these. But, they are very nice shoes to me. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->