Help Me Find...

We have a thread (in Personal Style?) about which labels are best if you want truly small sizes. It has a lot of good recommendations (as well as what to avoid).

I'm not sure vanity sizing is real. We have another thread that explains sizing and size runs in relation to how pattern pieces are cut from fabric. Medium is the most popular size--whatever will sell the best. Then they size up and down from there to efficiently utilize the fabric.

This sweater dress or one in a similar colour? :flower:

anja-rubik-pt-100.jpg

(A similar leather jacket would also be a lovely bonus :P)

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20160110_203201095.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20160110_203201095.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 3
^Details, do you know how old the picture is? It makes the identification process easier:smile:

I am sorry, but I am clueless. Bag and shoes are Lanvin though... Maybe someone else recognizes the jacket and dress... I think the picture is from 2011, but maybe Ebay has some Lilac dresses?

Found it!

Rick Owens jacket, Mark Fast dress, Lanvin handbag and shoes, Apart bracelet and Paul Smith sunglasses, according to some NYtimes blog:flower:

The black coat she's wearing?

uktv-the-fall-episode-two-still-3.jpg

Gillian Anderson in the series The Fall 2013
source:fashhaus.wordpress.com

Nevermind, thanks to twitter, it was Maggie Donnelly (Costume Designer).

Motorcycle Jacket Advice Please!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I'm desperately trying to find a great motorcycle jacket. I've found three but don't know which is the best. I was wondering if someone could give me some feedback. I like a classic version, but some designers are releasing jackets without the shoulder decorations (sorry do not know the name of this). I also want to wear my jacket with a turtleneck and dress it up a bit.

Please help!!!!!!!!!! Thank you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

0706454800_1_1_1.jpg

The middle Saint Laurent one is the best amongst the ones you've picked. The leather is exquisite.

Hello everyone,

I'm desperately trying to find a great motorcycle jacket. I've found three but don't know which is the best. I was wondering if someone could give me some feedback. I like a classic version, but some designers are releasing jackets without the shoulder decorations (sorry do not know the name of this). I also want to wear my jacket with a turtleneck and dress it up a bit.

Please help!!!!!!!!!! Thank you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

you need to post sources for every image you post here - otherwise your posts will be deleted.please list a source.

The second one looks the nicest, I agree. It should work great with a turtleneck. I am not crazy about the shoulder detail myself, but it is a part of the classic motorcycle jacket. I think the second will age the best:flower:

Depending on your level of OCD, the lack of a belt for those belt loops might bother you though.

My preference is for the first motorcycle jacket, though I can't see the third very well. I like the sleekness of this one & think it will dress up well. Disclaimer ... I don't own one & probably never will.

Hi,

I'm trying to find a shirt like the one in the attached image, but in black. I saw one in Cache a while ago (closed now). It looked great on my wife, but I didn't buy it at the time. After a ton of searching, I've only found a few similar options, but they all seem cheaply made. The one at Cache was made of a heavy material that held it's place across the chest and even snapped together in the crotch to keep it secured. If you have any suggestions of where I might be able to find something like that, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you

Photo credit: RevivalBoutique.com

Attachments

• RevivalBoutique.PNG
    RevivalBoutique.PNG
    373.6 KB · Views: 1
^ Hmm, the halter neck is a bit difficult, but the draping should be easier. You might try Yoox ...

PS The snaps are called a bodysuit. Donna Karan was known for them ... maybe DKNY still makes them? Donna Karan is still available on Yoox, but not a huge selection. Lanvin is known for draping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Detail of jewellery Jessica Chastain´s character wears in The Huntsman. I know it´s probably custom made but can anyone think of a brand that makes a similar style? TIA :flower:

28klxcp.jpg

thecelebritycity.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->