• --

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • --

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • --

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember being such a regular on the "Yay or Nay?" threads on shoes and other things. Okay... time to sway interest again.

This striped dress in Post #690 isn't beautiful or anything, but I like it. You can tab me for Yay! for this one. I'd keep it unless you were considering getting a more appealing or fancier dress than this one here.

I remember being such a regular on the "Yay or Nay?" threads on shoes and other things. Okay... time to sway interest again.

This striped dress in Post #690 isn't beautiful or anything, but I like it. You can tab me for Yay! for this one. I'd keep it unless you were considering getting a more appealing or fancier dress than this one here.

no I saw it online and kept it in my card for weeks until my size was back in stock. I really wanted that dress. it´s basic. I have a lot of other dresses

Yay or nay on these two pieces?

Av70eBT.jpg

(store.americanapparel)

Second one just linked, because it's lingerie.

This.
(ewa-michalak)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ If the first piece is the varsity jacket, I say yay. I've wanted one for a while, although I'm not sure I can fit it very well in my wardrobe...

As for the bra, I find that underwear is too personal for me to give an opinion on :smile:

^ If the first piece is the varsity jacket, I say yay. I've wanted one for a while, although I'm not sure I can fit it very well in my wardrobe...

As for the bra, I find that underwear is too personal for me to give an opinion on :smile:

I'll go for the varsity jacket as soon as I can, then - thank you! :smile:

yay or nay for this jacket in navy pin stripe or plain black?
149219_14893896935785.jpg

149219_148938969487701.jpg

bund.co.kr

I like both, the black is more neutral/easier.

@runner
please-
do you have an opinion about these boots above?

katajikenai...

:flower:

the price is goog. the shape too. I'd say yay if we were students.

but now if I'm allowed to be picky I have to say nay.
the boots feel like neil barrett rather than bikkembergs. so the name marked outside feels all the more wrong.
the canvas loafers in womens sizes from the mid 90s were something. just simple but completely new. unmistakably bikkembergs in design. little prominence of that kind here.
there can be when you don't need such prominence especially of course. then I'd buy some guidi's.

also the mid inserts bother me a bit. if they had used some different type of leather, kangaroo for example, only for that part, as a joint, the inserts would not have been a bother on the contrary.

the price is goog. the shape too. I'd say yay if we were students.

but now if I'm allowed to be picky I have to say nay.
the boots feel like neil barrett rather than bikkembergs. so the name marked outside feels all the more wrong.
the canvas loafers in womens sizes from the mid 90s were something. just simple but completely new. unmistakably bikkembergs in design. little prominence of that kind here.
there can be when you don't need such prominence especially of course. then I'd buy some guidi's.

also the mid inserts bother me a bit. if they had used some different type of leather, kangaroo for example, only for that part, as a joint, the inserts would not have been a bother on the contrary.
Thank you~!

as usual... i agree with everything you have said...
:lol:...

I just needed to be sure...
and yes... let's be picky... ^_^

arigatone...

:heart:

doitasimasite
if you have to recover the lost Y's motorcycle boots, I will look for the replacement. do you still have any pics of them?

what's this? :ninja:
makes me form a mental picture of kajagoogoo

doitasimasite
if you have to recover the lost Y's motorcycle boots, I will look for the replacement. do you still have any pics of them?

what's this? :ninja:
makes me form a mental picture of kajagoogoo
:rofl: ...

very funny typo!...

I don't know that you will be able to find them...
these are them...
sorry for the small pic but that is all i have since the listing is no longer active...
sz 6 mens US (approx 25 cm) sz 5 japan
there is the same pair on ebay but the condition is not as good and i think the price is too high for them...
Y’s by Yohji Yamamoto Leather Buckle Boots | eBay

it's not urgent as they are quite basic and i came across them quite unexpectedly...i almost never even look at ebay...
and i have many shoes to wear already...:lol:...
but they are quite a good basic thing to have, imo...
maybe like fertilizer? or something evergreen...?

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 10.38.25 PM.png

got to see the pics and info on the cached ragtag site.
and unfortunately was unable to find them as you say.

similar pair taller and different shape of the heel counter
very good condition, size 4 though
https://www.playful-dc.com/products/details103089.html

using this word, エンジニアブーツ, to find that teiban style might help.
( for example ---- junya エンジニアブーツ )
but I can understand it's not urgent. you have tao's special version?? also classic ann demeulemeester ones etc. :argg:

2200122A0055_m1_a001.jpg

2200122A0055_m1_a005.jpg

ragtag

Last edited:

but I can understand it's not urgent. you have tao's special version?? also classic ann demeulemeester ones etc. :argg:

View attachment 1209239

View attachment 1209241

ragtag

^_^

Thank you!
ahhhh...
i see the difference now with the boots...
so similar but i strongly prefer the ones that were lost...

you have a good memory to recall the other styles...
yes---the tao boots are one of the best finds ever...
I wear them more than most of my other things...

have also been wearing the YY linen dream boots a lot...
Though I will probably have to look for new inserts for those, including the heel wedge, as they are finally wearing out...
the US has a very sad lack of good shoe inserts...
I often dream of the shoe inserts i saw in Tokyo...
the entire wall at Tokyu Hands and kiosks in the train stations with so many pretty printed ones and muji, etc...
buying and taking home a wide selection was one of the best choices i've ever made...
:lol:...
i had a pair of tiny polka dot inserts in my YY mouse sneakers that were truly amazing, so bouncy!!
they have recently died along with the YY mouse sneakers...
i miss them...
:ninja:...

I confess that i also have a really great mouton insert with bouncy arch support from Tokyu Hands in the tao boots...
makes them so much more comfy and probably makes me wear them more often...!!!
^_^...

is there a thread for shoe inserts?
I will have to check that...
:unsure:

i was not familiar with isamu katayama / backlash so i checked some stuff online...
the washed leather looks very much like your style...
:P
i like the style of those boots but the toe is long for me...
i have something similar without the straps and i really just don't wear them because -
well- you know...boats...:lol:...
probably you have never seen them or heard me talk about them because i just never wear them...:doh:...

sending lots of good vibes your way, my chisai oujisama...
:magic:...

View attachment 1209239

View attachment 1209241

ragtag

tokorode...
thank you for the japanese writing...
that is incredibly helpful~!!!!

:clap:

i also found playful-dc while i was looking at ragtag...
they have a bunch of good stuff as well...

my thinking is that i really like yohji men's footwear and japanese mens size is more likely to be my shoe size so i may get lucky...
the opposite is true for the women's shoes, unfortunately...
:rofl:
all too small...much much much too small...
like the ugly step sisters from cinderella, i would have to cut off a toe to make them fit...

^_^

it's so good to be talking to you about these things once more...

:kiss:

i just also have to say that the oversized cut away jacket is AMAZING~!!!
:wub:...

i still have many many regrets about not buying the oversized cutaway pom pom jacket when i was in paris---
my bank froze my debit card because of all the overseas shopping and by the time i called them and got the situation resolved, the store was closed and i had to catch the train back to london...
i will forever regret that ...

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->