• --

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • --

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • --

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a big yay from me as well! I'm so into the slip-on trend!! Been contemplating a pair in reptile print.

How do you feel about NAVY trenches?

I've been eying Burberry trenches for years and finally decided to splurge on one for my birthday. Trouble is, as much as I love their iconic "heritage" styles, I was hoping to get one that is just a little bit different, a little less "plain" but still classic and versatile enough to wear in a variety of work & social settings. Right now, I am drawn to their trenches that have the extra leather detail, such as this one with the double leather cuff straps. I was hoping to get it in black but it seems like they tend to offer that particular style in every colour but black[/l] (okay, not entirely true, there is one like that in black but it's the "long" version for tall people and since I'm only 5'2", it'll be too long on me, and one can only shorten the length so much; but more importantly, it's completely sold out in my size...)

Anyway, I ordered it in NAVY and it arrived today. Fits perfect and the length is perfect. But I'm torn. I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD KEEP IT.

On one hand, considering that most of my wardrobe is rather monochromatic (blacks, whites, grays, blues), that I generally wear black trousers & shoes, my everyday bag is black, I'm wondering if it would be a good or bad idea to wear a coat that is navy? While I think perhaps a "brighter/lighter navy" would be a good contrast to all the black that I usually wear, this particular trench is a very dark navy, and could be mistaken for black from a distance.

I remember when I was much younger how it was considered a big no-no to wear black & blue/navy together but nowadays, that "rule" has long been thrown out.

SO...WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?? Should I be confident and keep the navy trench or should I wait and get another one in black like I originally wanted? Would the dark navy work or would it be a fashion faux pas? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I've even created a POLL!

P.S. If some of you are thinking that I should forgo the dark coat colours altogether and opt for the original beige/tan "trench" colour, I also tried to convince myself of this too but after trying on that trench multiple times in the stores, I've finally accepted the reality that the "trench" colour just does not compliment my skintone as well (which is a light-medium). Even the sales agent told me to opt for the black (the navy wasn't available in the store at the time so I couldn't get his opinion regarding that one).

Attachments

• bnvylt.jpeg
    bnvylt.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
The flagstore shops offer smaller in-store alterations upon purchase, included in the price. At least, thats what I have heard. Might solve your length issue? Of course, maybe not even Burberry can hem something that much with success...

If it is the black you really want, then that is what I would go for, and I would wait. It is supposed to be an investment piece, and maybe by the next collection, you can find exactly what you need. However, if the Navy suits you better, then I think it is a classic burberry color and I don't think it will date:wink: I like black with navy too:flower:

yay or nay this coat:
9751308743_w_2_1_2.jpg
9751308743_w_2_3_2.jpg
9751308743_w_2_5_2.jpg
9751308743_w_2_4_2.jpg

(pullandbear.net)

or/and yay or nay:
TP721H00K-Q11@13.jpg
07U30GBLK_2_large.jpg
07U30GBLK_3_large.jpg
07U30GBLK_4_large.jpg

(topshop.com zalando.de)

I think the black one looks great! I can think of many cool ways of styling it.

^You could layer it with some other jacket for keeping you warm. And some fabrics are warmer than by the looks of it.

i need a good jacket for between-seasons
the other one could be too warm for these temperatures now..

^:Pink: okay okay. I just ordered the black one. Thank you all so much! :heart:

myown, A girl I go to uni with wears a black "teddy coat" during winter. We usually have degrees between 0-8 degrees celcius. She layers it with large scarves and sweaters. They work as long as there is no strong wind (you will freeze to death), or hot sun (you will melt). Whether it works for transitional seasons would depend on where you live:wink:

Edit: Just saw your last post:smile: Hope it works out for you!

^i´m hoping too. although I life in a very windy city (but I will move next month...) but if a teddy coat works for norway, it should work for germany,too

you guys were so right. The coat just arrived yesterday. It´s very pretty and warm. It´s like a cozy blanket! I will def keep it! If it had have a hood it would be perfect. thanks so much everyone!

Hi!

For columnar/straight body shape, which one is better? A longer, or a shorter biker jacket?

I'm choosing between two sizes.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11156240_10152794781236778_5882304688929829975_n.jpg?oh=d839e539ca11fd9bf28972f27275c665&oe=55DE2C34&__gda__=1440772898_4155f1c5ad288997aa49173e5c55c572

Right size: Longer, can zip up, more masculine fit.

Size smaller: I like the shorter length, snug, can't zip up but I don't think I will be zipping up anyway.

What do you think?

I think this kind of jacket is better with a shorter cut, so the smaller size looks good. When you have a columnar body shape, the important is to create an illusion of a real waist with "belted" jackets.

I prefer the look of the first one... It looks more relaxed, while the second one looks too small in the upper arm area. The first looks cooler, and the second more feminine. I would imagine that with jacket lengths, your vertical proportions are more important... Like, are your legs long, your torso short, or the opposite, or are you long in the rise etc. The length that makes you look the most balanced is ideal (in theory). I have a long rise, and so I avoid shorter jackets, because it emphasizes it.

eizhowa - I'm short waisted, long legs. Yeah the smaller size is tight in the arms. Just thought leathers stretch? Also in the middle of a weight loss program. I think I don't have a long rise - googled. Shorter tops and low-waist jeans and tucked pants look better on me than otherwise. But I also now want a longer jacket because yeah, there's something androgynously cool about it.

Emmanuelle - thanks, leaning toward the shorter one. For now. But I also am starting to want another in a longer length!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->