The Last Movie You Saw?

Polar... now this is a bad movie. Really puts things into perspective. I feel like I watched an 11 y/o's tumblr fanfic of kill bill

"History Of The World, Part 1." The "no..no..no..no..no..YES" scene is still comedy gold to me.

Watched Punch-Drunk Love again. I always forget how Adam Sandler can be such a good dramatic actor.

The Quiet Girl. LOVED it! Such a soft movie :cry: that scene of him briefly putting that cookie down on the table weksjrfneksefjdnl my heart

The Hunt (2012). That mf tore me up my god I actually cried lol. I felt for every single character. No one was really at fault but that dark ball of chaos just kept on rolling. Altho I do put a bit of blame on the therapist or whatever putting stories in Klara's head. And of course the internet... Man I guess herd mentality is just something that's real, and sometimes life just happens and takes no prisoners.

Watched the first half of Pretty Baby, the Brooke Shields documentary. It's interesting and disgusting. Not the most artfully made doc ever, but it makes its point.

Carmen.

So.. I don’t think it was exceptional or anything and my (dancer) friends judge me hard for even attending the screening because.. Millepied= the Hedi Slimane of fashion aka. delusional dude who claims to have brought dance to LA :womouth::grinningsquinting:.. but, I appreciate that kind of refined eye of someone that is evidently passionate about movement and the endless ways you can enhance it through cinematography, which is rarely done because most dancers can’t afford to play directors and most directors don’t give a s*it about dance.. that and the Almodovar influences, and seeing familiar faces from the contemporary dance scene in LA.. thumbs up!

Also, breaking news to no one: Paul Mescal is one beautiful man. And he really tried with the choreographies and almost fully succeeded lol.

Crimes of the Future (2022)... I liked Kristen Stewart in this and also her look/outfits lol. But... okay so I am either trying way too hard to understand something or I'm kinda dumb or both. Why did they make it seem like people were struggling so hard with constant pain to the point of needing to buy those machines when humans already evolved to where they literally mutilate each other for sex in yearning for said pain? Or maybe there's a difference in the pain of daily functions vs the pain for pleasure? I don't know. Gonna relax and sleep and come back tomorrow to see if I make sense of this lol.

Beau Is Afraid. I fear Ari Aster has flown too close to the sun with this one lol.

“Boomerang”, with Eartha Kitt playing a very believable aging sex-kitten, Grace Jones in Mugler-adjacent fashions, and Halle Berry with her original nose. Very cool, IMO.

Reactions: KoV
Layer Cake and then Extraction 2 on Netflix with Chris Hemsworth.

Asteroid City ... accidentally started shipping a 1950's Edward Norton and Jason Schwartzman :loudlycrying:

I'm halfway through Titanic. I was Titanic obsessed as a pre-teen and haven't watched the 1997 movie for easily 15 or so years, and watching it all these years later is like watching with fresh eyes. There's so much I missed or misunderstood, and cannot wait to watch the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->