Zinedine Zidane (posting requires reading thread guidelines)

Hot damn!

Thank you to the mods for giving the thread a rebirth, and a HUGE thank you to all of the wonderful gals who have posted these killer pictures.

I love his style -- it seems so effortless and masculine.

Swoon!

roppal222 said:
Veronique and Zidane on wedding day.... lucky cow *sigh*

Do not cry, do not cry, do not cry...

(Me telling myself... :P)

I read his biography just a minute ago and it's heavily impressive.

He comes from a pretty rough place, La Castellane, from a pretty poor family of Algerian immigrants. His father realized he was gifted for all types of sports but specially football.Samil, his father, knew his boy Yazid, as they call him in his family, could do well.

He went through a harsh time being 15 years old, where he realised people would insult him or his family either if he didn't score or people from other teams. He used to get involved in fights when people went against him father, later he realized that couldn't possibly be right and decided to stop fighting and clean the floor of the changing rooms to calm himself down

He entered in League 1(I really don't know its name in english but it is the highest divisionyou you get in football, where you get all big teams) just being 17.

Being just 19 he met his wife to be Vénonique, she was a dancer and daughter of Spanish immigrants, and married 3 years later. They had four boys: Enro,Luca, Théo(I love that name by the way) and Elyaz.

He entered the French National Team for the EuroCoup'94 and that was the first time in his life in which he was real scared, he told the coach Aimé Jacquet he was too nervous to play. So he didn't, until the moment France was 0-2 against the Czech Rep. and people were desperate. Zizou entered the pitch obliged and scored 2 goals making it a 2-2 for France.
A Star was born.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Odette said:
I read his biography just a minute ago and it's heavily impressive.
He entered in League 1(I really don't know its name in english but it is the highest divisionyou you get in football, where you get all big teams) just being 17.

He went through a harsh time being 15 years old, where he realised people would insult him or his family either if he didn't score or people from other teams. He used to get involved in fights when people went against him father, later he realized that couldn't possibly be right and decided to stop fighting and clean the floor of the changing rooms to calm himself down.

Being just 19 he met his wife to be Vénonique, she was a dancer and daughter of Spanish immigrants, and married 3 years later. They had four boys: Enro,Luca, Théo(I love that name by the way) and Elyaz.

He entered the French National Team for the EuroCoup'94 and that was the first time in his life in which he was real scared, he told the coach Aimé Jacquet he was too nervous to play. So he didn't, until the moment France was 0-2 against the Czech Rep. and people were desperate. Zizou entered the pitch obliged and scored 2 goals making it a 2-2 for France.
A Star was born.....

Awww... :wub:

Nicely summarised there Odette :flower:

Zidane's such an anomaly...he's quiet, shy , retiring but I think coming from a tough neighbourhood created that strength and those flashes of pride we see on the pitch time from time...

I love his complexity... ^_^

The World's Greatest Footballer

74455_zidane_tag_593lo.JPG

click here to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYUtKKbBTkw

youtube.com

:cry: I wish he wouldn't retire.....

roppal222 said:
Nicely summarised there Odette :flower:

Zidane's such an anomaly...he's quiet, shy , retiring but I think coming from a tough neighbourhood created that strength and those flashes of pride we see on the pitch time from time...

I love his complexity... ^_^

I agree:flower: ...

Thanks for all the pics, gals. Be it a suit, a football jersey, a crisp white button down shirt...he looks gorgeous:crush: .

I think that we could collect buckets of saliva from us drooling over him and equals of buckets of tears from him being married. His wife is a VERY lucky woman! He seems like a real family guy...

Esp. thanks to Odette for the summary of his bio! And as always...keep the pictures coming:winkiss: I can't get enough of Zidane!

42-16775747.jpg

Veronique,Smaïl and Malika Zidane

the-20match-05.jpg

Veronique and son with two of Zidane's elder brothers Djamel and Farid I think

zidane.com.over-blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this man is sculpted by God.... that last pic :blush:

Lucky cow

veroyzizouemrolandgarros.jpg
zidane%2520y%2520veronique2.jpg

bruno and bors.pret

^^Aw, his son looks so cute. He's gonna be a hearthrob like his dad...

My friends and I were just saying, it's almost like he looks like TWO DIFFERENT people altogether, when you compare his pics from 5-7 years ago to today. Not just the bald head, but the facial structure, the killer cheekbones (more prominent today), the leaner body etc.

It's like he's morphed into this amazing looking man. I thought he was cute before (but almost in generic cute soccer player kind of way), but now.....:woot: :heart:

that suck, learning that he met his wife while still a teen. those kinds of relationships are hard to break up.
i guess my whole plan to track him down on a spanish beach and flawnt my body in front of him wont work. huh
now what will i do...he's so sexy it hurts

Taitai said:
He has three brothers and one sister. Reportedly very very close to all his siblings. One of his older brothers still lives in Algeria, I believe. One older brother is a deadringer for him.

Karma for you!

adore dior said:
that suck, learning that he met his wife while still a teen. those kinds of relationships are hard to break up.
i guess my whole plan to track him down on a spanish beach and flawnt my body in front of him wont work. huh
now what will i do...he's so sexy it hurts

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's okay adore dior, we can always dream...:wink: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->