The Last Movie You Saw?

I'm so behind on movies, it's driving me crazy. The French Dispatch, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Dune, No Time to Die, The Last Duel, etc. etc. etc. I can't seem to find the right time to go out and see anything, but Spencer coming out this weekend might be the thing to finally do it.

Possession

French-Polish (I think) horror film from 1981. Very good, extremely disturbing. I liked the cinematography a lot. I found this movie by learning that it was a reference for Massive Attack’s “Voodoo in my Blood” video.

The new "Dune." Visually stunning..yes. But I just couldn't get into it to save my life...not this version, not the 80's version, and certainly not the book. I usually enjoy movies with a dystopian future theme, but not this one.

And now, for Christmas, my sister wants me to track down a first-edition copy of the book, paperback, for her husband. Wouldn't he like an Amazon gift card instead?

Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant.

The Power of the Dog. Such a beautifully shot movie :heart:.. I've always enjoyed Kirsten Dunst's acting but ever since All Good Things and then Melancholia, her acting in these type of films is almost unbearable to watch.. no one conveys the endless dark tunnel of depression like she does, it's so sad but also: give her an Oscar, it's about time!

DYING to see The Power of the Dog. Was excited back when Elizabeth Moss was cast in Dunst's role, but even though Moss is excellent, Kirsten by Campion is not to be missed and that kicked my anticipation into overdrive. Trailers look so beautiful and tense, and it's criminal Dunst has never been nominated.

I saw a bunch of movies recently; Spencer, Belfast, The French Dispatch. I loved Spencer and liked the other two.

Spencer. Before I saw it, I wasn’t sure how much I’d like it. However, after watching it, i loved it! There are a lot of moments where I got goosebumps, and Kristen Stewart did a fantastic job!

I also saw The French Dispatch a couple of weeks ago and I loved that too. It’s Wes Anderson at his best, and the cast is great!

I recommend both.

Finally went to see House of Gucci. The writing is subpar and I feel Ridley didn't give his best here, but the performances are another story. Thought there were no weak performances at all, and what I expected the least - Jared, Al Pacino and Adam Driver were strong, but still the weakest. Jeremy Irons was amazing. Most surprisingly, Salma did a wonderful job and was up there, her character was unimportant and comedic, but she delivered. Gaga was spectacular, I was honestly shocked that not only she managed to deliver along the likes of Al Pacino and Adam Driver, she arguably outshone all of them.

La Haine. Love me some good dialogue and Vincent Cassel.

Reactions: KoV
The Matrix Reloaded, one of my favorites and probably the second best in the franchise.

Watched Resurrections yesterday and felt that it was ok. The production and cinematography looked very low budget at points, which feels like whiplash coming off of the original trilogy. The first two films still look sophisticated and stylish today. I liked all the new characters, especially Bugs and the younger "Morpheus". NPH character was unconvincing a lot of the time, he felt overly cartoonish, even for a franchise as conceptually out there as the Matrix. I think the most touching thing about the film was Trinity and Neo's bond and Neo/Thomas' battle with his mental health.

Reactions: KoV
Watched Resurrections yesterday and felt that it was ok. The production and cinematography looked very low budget at points, which feels like whiplash coming off of the original trilogy. The first two films still look sophisticated and stylish today. I liked all the new characters, especially Bugs and the younger "Morpheus". NPH character was unconvincing a lot of the time, he felt overly cartoonish, even for a franchise as conceptually out there as the Matrix. I think the most touching thing about the film was Trinity and Neo's bond and Neo/Thomas' battle with his mental health.

I agree with all of this.

Also watched Resurrections. Chaotic, messy, and I loved it. Honestly, my favorite parts were the "real-life" parts in San Francisco.

Keanu is still a babe though.

I think I remember sometime in the early 2000s, they were going to transition the films into a tv series. Obviously that never happened or maybe it wasn't that important of an idea. But I could still see it happening today since it seems like there's so much exposition and story to be told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->