iOffer Bags, LushFashions.com, etc. (December 2003 - February 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by leyla m.@Dec 18th, 2003 - 5:46 pm
even though i agree it is a hell of a lot of money. :angry: .. i love bags and i didnt buy mine to impress others but because i know how this bag has been made and the history of it. i enjoy and appreciate that when i carry it. thats the reason i wouldnt be feeling comfortable carrying a replica. my point being: if its only for the shape i would want the bag, i rather carry a no name. :P
SO AGREE!
exactly what I wanna say.

i dont know...i am just not into the birkin. it's such and ugly little bag to me. i much prefer MJ's stella or sophia bags.

Originally posted by fashionrage@Dec 21st, 2003 - 5:09 am
i dont know...i am just not into the birkin. it's such and ugly little bag to me. i much prefer MJ's stella or sophia bags.
oh well, different stories :rolleyes:

To each their own. Everyone has their own style and tastes. B)

how would you know whether it's a replica or the real one? :ermm:
my friend told me that the way the real ones stand is different.

anyone knows? :P

they copy them quite well these days.. :woot:
you can check out the "BIRKIN BY HERMES" topic to find out more :wink:

Originally posted by PinUpGirl@Dec 19th, 2003 - 4:52 am
Yes Leyla, please share with us! :flower: I'm still on my mission for a nice replica too :blush:
I have a great black Birkin replica. I never used it so I am going to sell it. If anyone is interested. Let me know. I also have a authentic black LV pochette in the sold out multicolor rainbow. It comes with receipt, box, etc. Fendibender :(

iOffer Bags, LushFashions.com, etc.

has anyone ever bought anything from lushfashions.com?
Am contemplating it, but wondering about the quality...
any input appreciated xox

i bought the lush luella just to see what it was like. its decent quality for a pleather bag. good for the budgeted consumer.

Originally posted by clickmekate@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 6:27 pm
I just ordered one of the Le Dix bags and one of the Gisele bags - should be here early next week. I'll let you know when I get them what I think.

As far as customer service goes, she gets an A++++++

if you check ebay (search "lush") - the seller is also the owner of the site - she stayed online w/me while I debated which color to get & was extremely helpful. you might even be able to get one of the bags for a lower price than at the website!!

I know it will start a "debate" - but I saw the gisele bag downtown last week - the small was $690 (US) and the large $$890 - while it's nice bag, and I do LOVE the pink lining and heart shaped hardware, I don't think it's anything extraordinary -

I don't believe it's the next Birkin (altho the design is really the same - if you want to talk copies, and knock-offs, do you REALLY believe the Gisele is an "original" design????)

My opinion is, if you like the look and design of the bag, then you should have it - if it means spending $100 on a "knock-off" (and I DON"T mean true counterfeit bags, which carry the company's name and logo that it is SUPPOSED to be!), then you should have it.

I do like the blue jean birkin, but I live in the "real world" where I am NOT going to spend $5000+ for a handbag!!!! I don't care HOW long it will last. I can buy a used car for less than that!!! But if I found a nice looking, well made "knock-off" bag (one W/O any designer's name on it), and the price was reasonable, I would probably buy it.

I like the Gisele - I almost spent $700+ on the smaller one - but I found the SAME color, and the SAME design at Lush - the only thing missing is the pink lining, and the heart shaped hardware - it was within my price range, so I got it.

Same w/the Le Dix bag - I like the look of the tassles and the braided handle w/detachable shoulder strap - Lush's bag is an almost EXACT look-a-like - and the colors are GORGEOUS!! So I got a lilac one - saved myself almost $1000, which I can use to feed and clothe my kids - pay the bills - or even take a weekend getaway (and I'll have a great looking bag to take along!!)

So what - yes, the Designer's spent hours designing and making the bags - and they are well rewarded with plenty of buyers and unsolicited publicity (how many time have you seen Demi or Gwyneth photographed w/Le Dix bags??) - but not everyone can afford $1000+ for a handbag!!! So those of us who don't make millions (or even hundreds of thousands), can still have the look - yes the quality will not be the same, and yes, it won't carry the "prestige" of a designer name - but at least we can carry a bag that we like to look at - I hate when I hear people say "If you can't afford the real thing, then you have no business buying one" - just because we "little folks" can't afford to drop $1000 - $5000 for a handbag, does that really make us less deserving of owning a bag whose colr, shape and style we like???

And again - I am talking about LOOK-A-LIKES - not COUNTERFEIT bags, which use the name and logos of the designer they are copying.

lushfashions just upped their prices AGAIN. ridiculous. $129 for a patent leather pink FAKE luella? they are freaking insane!

they spam the boards and then raise the prices. It pisses me off so much man.

The description for the Luella bag says it DOES have the heart hardware, did yours come without the heart? That would me a major letdown.

Also, how much were these prior to the price increase?

Anyone have the pink? How vibrant is the pink? It looks pretty blah.

Thanks!

Also, just curious...does the real Luella bag have a Logo on the outside or any words I should know about?

Thanks!

Originally posted by ch1966+Feb 27th, 2004 - 7:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ch1966 @ Feb 27th, 2004 - 7:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-clickmekate@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 6:27 pm
I just ordered one of the Le Dix bags and one of the Gisele bags - should be here early next week. I'll let you know when I get them what I think.

As far as customer service goes, she gets an A++++++

if you check ebay (search "lush") - the seller is also the owner of the site - she stayed online w/me while I debated which color to get & was extremely helpful. you might even be able to get one of the bags for a lower price than at the website!!

I know it will start a "debate" - but I saw the gisele bag downtown last week - the small was $690 (US) and the large $$890 - while it's nice bag, and I do LOVE the pink lining and heart shaped hardware, I don't think it's anything extraordinary -

I don't believe it's the next Birkin (altho the design is really the same - if you want to talk copies, and knock-offs, do you REALLY believe the Gisele is an "original" design????)

My opinion is, if you like the look and design of the bag, then you should have it - if it means spending $100 on a "knock-off" (and I DON"T mean true counterfeit bags, which carry the company's name and logo that it is SUPPOSED to be!), then you should have it.

I do like the blue jean birkin, but I live in the "real world" where I am NOT going to spend $5000+ for a handbag!!!! I don't care HOW long it will last. I can buy a used car for less than that!!! But if I found a nice looking, well made "knock-off" bag (one W/O any designer's name on it), and the price was reasonable, I would probably buy it.

I like the Gisele - I almost spent $700+ on the smaller one - but I found the SAME color, and the SAME design at Lush - the only thing missing is the pink lining, and the heart shaped hardware - it was within my price range, so I got it.

Same w/the Le Dix bag - I like the look of the tassles and the braided handle w/detachable shoulder strap - Lush's bag is an almost EXACT look-a-like - and the colors are GORGEOUS!! So I got a lilac one - saved myself almost $1000, which I can use to feed and clothe my kids - pay the bills - or even take a weekend getaway (and I'll have a great looking bag to take along!!)

So what - yes, the Designer's spent hours designing and making the bags - and they are well rewarded with plenty of buyers and unsolicited publicity (how many time have you seen Demi or Gwyneth photographed w/Le Dix bags??) - but not everyone can afford $1000+ for a handbag!!! So those of us who don't make millions (or even hundreds of thousands), can still have the look - yes the quality will not be the same, and yes, it won't carry the "prestige" of a designer name - but at least we can carry a bag that we like to look at - I hate when I hear people say "If you can't afford the real thing, then you have no business buying one" - just because we "little folks" can't afford to drop $1000 - $5000 for a handbag, does that really make us less deserving of owning a bag whose colr, shape and style we like???

And again - I am talking about LOOK-A-LIKES - not COUNTERFEIT bags, which use the name and logos of the designer they are copying. [/b][/quote]

I understand that the 'Luella Gisele bag' is not in everyones budget but there is no getting round the fact that the 'Lush Fashions' bag is a counterfeit - it is NOT inspired by, they have bought a bag and copied it - what is worse is that they call it a Luella 'Gisele' bag, this is someone else's company (a small, up and coming one at that) and 'Lush Fashion's' is using her name and her design

I think it is all very distasteful and i've also seen the fakes in the street - they are plastic, not leather and look very cheap - I for one will be saving for the original and supporting Luella who made the bag

Originally posted by ch1966@Feb 27th, 2004 - 7:47 pm
i think the fact that you implied that Birkin owners do not belong to the "real world" is going to cause more debate than saying Giseles are not original.

I just checked out this site for the first time. First off, lets just get it straight that yes, these are fakes. Whether or not the same logo is used the law still reads that anything "confusingly similar" would be considered stolen intelectual property (someone might want to check that for me, but I do belive I am right). Also, accusing Luella of stealing her idea from Hermes (Birkin) is ridiculous. It is only the basic shape/style that the bags share, the Luella Holdall (NOT the Giselle-thats just a nickname it is given because Giselle asked to keep hers after holding it on the runway because she loved it so much) is a very different bag.

Just checked out the site,the Luella copy bag is plain horrible. It is a copy of the said Luella bag, those people even include designer Luella Bartley's name . Its an obvious fake Luella. $130.00 for some worthless plastic is foolishness :wink:

I just found anothere website that sells Lush handbags for 100$/each and I have a coupon code that adds on an additionnal 20% rebate on the bags, anyone interested just PM me because I can't just give out the code like that because the code is given out as part of a mailing list program. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->