iOffer Bags, Lushfashions.com, etc. #10 (Posting Requires Reading Rules in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Manager

Retired
Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]126777[/split]

Specific rules for this thread:

1. Do not post links to seller websites or type them (bagmaker dot com). Also do not hotlink images from supplier websites. Members (and nonmembers) can find out their websites easily by viewing the page source.2. Do not ask for seller information in the thread. If you need info on a supplier, please pm another member, or search to see what person received the info last and pm them. Note that it is up to the discretion of each member to respond to PM's of such nature.

3. Please do a search first if you want info on the quality of a specific seller. You can also check out pictures in the Ioffer Pictures thread.

4. The "other forum" can be mentioned in terms of giving information and crediting images. Any other posts regarding tPF may be deleted based on the discretion of the mod team.

5. ALL images must have an image credit, even if they are your images. You can add "photo(s) by me." Also, do not posts links to images...use a photo hosting site such as tinypic, photobucket, or supload.

6. No selling or spamming will be allowed. Therefore, do not post requests to purchase, as this will be considered soliciting a sale. This extends to wishlists that are posted in signatures.

7. The lists for T&D can be posted for one week maximum before they should be sent. This is something that clogs the thread and makes it hard to find important information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mushgushwa, newbies, and any others who are wondering "WHY?!?"

Specific rules for this thread (as noted in post #1 of each thread) include:

1. Do not post links to seller websites or type them (bagmaker dot com) or ask for seller information in the thread. If you need info on a supplier, please pm another member, or search to see what person received the info last and pm them. Note that it is up to the discretion of each member to respond to PM's of such nature.

It is against forum rules to ask for seller information in the threads, just as it's against the rules to spam, be abusive /insulting to others, talk about banned topics, such as weight, politics or drugs, and so on. These are the rules we all have to live by. You're not being discriminated against or abused, so don't claim that you are, especially since it's required that everyone read the rules before they even post.

Understand that supplier addresses are protected for a number of reasons. It's not that members who have this information are being unkind, but over the years of the life of tFS with many disastrous abuses of the rules, it has become necessary to be much more careful with whom we share supplier information.

Mushgushwa, you yourself indicated that you wanted the info so you could share it with others. This is generous, but also potentially disastrous, which is why we have these rules.

Of course there are members who have the most recent supplier information, but don't expect it to be forthcoming if they don't recognize you or you haven't been active on the thread. If you participate--and by that I mean offering your insights as to a certain seller/bag/authentic vs. rep differences--you will become an established member of the forum and others will be more forthcoming with supplier info.

Thank you.
Mommy Bagster.

I have to say that I love Catty and her service. I've ordered from her for the past few years and she is great. She responds quickly with pictures if I ask, the prices, free shipping with only 3 items, takes paypal, ships fast, and gives me a free scarf if i buy a few more items. The only cons are that she packages the bags so tightly that they get creases in them and some of them reek of that chemical smell.

Anyway! My friend just ordered a damier azur berkeley and azur zippy organizer and I added a damier NF MM and an azur speedy 30. Sooooo excited! This will be my friend's first rep so I'm hoping that she won't be disappointed.

Hello - Is anyone making a Jacky group order in Europe as i'd like to jump in with a Chanel WOC. Just PM me :wink:

Girls!
I need everyones help here, after seeing PinkPrincess' Black City RH from the boys I couldn't resist. However - its awful! Its unbelievably shiny and has zero distressing. It looks really cheap. I need your help!
How can I dull down its shininess? And make it look more.. authentic?
I realize I sound vague and ungrateful, but I have only had good experiences and this one - isn't good.
I feel so cheated :(

Hope you can help!

xx

PrincessBird, can you please post pics? I have received bags with 'shiny' leather from the boys before and I have used two methods. One of them was to lightly buff the bag with nail polish remover until the shine was gone. I've only done this to ONE bag though (Black Cherry Twiggy) and it's not recommended, as it might damage the leather. But it did work wonders and removed all shine. The other safer but less effective method was to apply Apple Leather Care lotion onto the bag. It helps to tone down the shine, but not all. I think some of the members here swear by this product known as Leather Revive. Maybe some others can chime in on this.

------------------------------------------------------------------

kate, since you already have J's info, please save his email address so that when he next changes the URL, you can google for his new website based on his email details.

mushgushwa ... I believe SMKelly said it all in her last post.

PrincessBird, can you please post pics? I have received bags with 'shiny' leather from the boys before and I have used two methods. One of them was to lightly buff the bag with nail polish remover until the shine was gone. I've only done this to ONE bag though (Black Cherry Twiggy) and it's not recommended, as it might damage the leather. But it did work wonders and removed all shine. The other safer but less effective method was to apply Apple Leather Care lotion onto the bag. It helps to tone down the shine, but not all. I think some of the members here swear by this product known as Leather Revive. Maybe some others can chime in on this.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Xooey: Here are the photos. I tried to capture the bag in different lights so that you can see the shine :(

Boy this still bumms me out. But on a happier note the boys did send me a Coin Purse in Anthracite for free, totally psyched about it!

Thanks for a such a quick reply and your help :smile:

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-06-16 at 15.08 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2011-06-16 at 15.08 #2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Photo on 2011-06-16 at 15.09.jpg
    Photo on 2011-06-16 at 15.09.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo on 2011-06-16 at 15.10.jpg
    Photo on 2011-06-16 at 15.10.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 39
Princessbird I have used 'leather revive' which you can order online from the furniture clinic in the UK from memory (it's easy to google). I applied it about 4 times to a shiny NBF that I had, and it did work well to remove shine. The only thing was that it's an oil based product so smells slightly petroleum-esque. The smell does fade though so it's not a big deal. Another thing I noticed though was that the colour of my bag slightly faded (i can see a bit of difference between the outside of the bag compared to the untreated leather on the inside of the front pocket).

Another thing I think helps (not with shininess, but with the feel of the bag) is to put something heavy (like cans) in it and hang it up, just to wear the leather in a bit

Also, I was just tempted by Jacky's Multicolor 2bag. From looking at pics, the bag looks pretty good to me. Is there anyone that's seen this bag in real life that cares to chip in on whether they think Jacky's is a good rep? Thanks :smile:

Princessbird I have used 'leather revive' which you can order online from the furniture clinic in the UK from memory (it's easy to google). I applied it about 4 times to a shiny NBF that I had, and it did work well to remove shine. The only thing was that it's an oil based product so smells slightly petroleum-esque. The smell does fade though so it's not a big deal. Another thing I noticed though was that the colour of my bag slightly faded (i can see a bit of difference between the outside of the bag compared to the untreated leather on the inside of the front pocket).

Another thing I think helps (not with shininess, but with the feel of the bag) is to put something heavy (like cans) in it and hang it up, just to wear the leather in a bit

Also, I was just tempted by Jacky's Multicolor 2bag. From looking at pics, the bag looks pretty good to me. Is there anyone that's seen this bag in real life that cares to chip in on whether they think Jacky's is a good rep? Thanks :smile:

Hi Postmodernista!

I'll have a look into that! And I've got 2 heavy water bottles hanging in the bag as we speak, trying to work it in a bit faster.
I just feel a bit embarrassed to take her out for a walk. People here know their bags!

I decided I might order an Anthracite Work RH. Anyone order a Bal lately in anthracite? How is the leather?

I've written Catty twice in the past week and haven't heard back from her, this is strange!

Has anyone else heard from her lately???

Russler I heard from her this morning around 5am (Cali time) and she gave me a tracking #. Usually she is responsive if you say things like "i want to order.." or "i would like to order.."

PrincessBird I am SO sorry. I'm always afraid of getting a bad one with any supplier - NBF, J or Catty, etc. Mine was shiny too. Some parts of my bag actually have no distressing but every bag is diff, even auths. I drenched mine in Lovin My Bags' Silk Conditioner. It took some shine away and I've just been using the bag constantly. If you don't like it though, try selling it on ioffer. I saw the anthra leather and it was amazing..but then again you never know what batch you will get with NBF :(

PinkPrincess I am so jealous of you getting such an amazing city from the boys (but also very happy for you)!
I was really hoping the boys would have had an eye at this batch. I guess I will have to try and sell it. I will Order the Anthra Work RH and just hope she is better!

On another note, the tassels on the boys Bals, have they changed in terms of quality? Or am I going crazy?

Thanks for the responses!

PrincessBird,

So sorry you are not thrilled with the Bal. For what it's worth, I had a turquoise Bal a few years ago that I dyed black and then sold to a co-worker. It was very shiny from the dye job. But after she'd used and abused it for a few weeks, the shine left and she was left with a beautiful matte finish.

I know this is slightly different from what you're experiencing, but I've read that the shiny bags will sometimes "settle" with use. The shine will fade. And of course, other posters have had good luck with the emollients/lotions.

Cheers,
Shelley

I sent NBF an email about my black city being shiny when I first got it and they said it was just the wax. Dom said he kept using his black city and the shine wore off haha.

On another note, the tassels on the boys Bals, have they changed in terms of quality? Or am I going crazy?

I think I know what you're referring to. Based on your pics, your tassels aren't flat and straight (like the auth), but kinked up, right? The Black RH City I received from the boys has straight tassels, and it's supposed to be the same batch as your Black RH City. However, the Blue Roi Velo I purchased a few months ago has 'kinked up' tassels too. I have thought of placing the Blue Roi tassels in between two pieces of cloth to iron on low heat and straighten them out, but I'm worried the heat may damage the leather. Some members have suggested placing the tassels in between heavy books and let the weight flatten/straighten out the kinks. If it really bugs you, you can try the 2nd method. I haven't done anything to my Blue Roi tassels though ...

If you intend to buy more Bal bags from the boys in the future, I would suggest that you describe the type of leather AND send a photo (if possible). I picked up this tip from one of the regular members here and so far, all the bags I've purchased from the boys have had leather that's to my liking.

I will be placing an order with J in the next couple of days, if anyone in UK/Europe wants in let me know asap!

Call me weird but i actually like shiny leather. Well anyways i had a few shiny bags that became quite matte with use like around 1 month? Try taking out a few times and the shine should fade a bit. ♥
If the shine really bothers you still try reselling on ioffer like some of the girls have said.

On another note buyandsell sent me photos of my light grey rh city but now im wondering if i should have gotten nbfs ardiose rh city instead...those of yo with ardiose is the color similar enough to buyandsells light grey that it wouldnt be justifiable for me to get ardiose as well?
TIA
Posted via Mobile Device

Russler I heard from her this morning around 5am (Cali time) and she gave me a tracking #. Usually she is responsive if you say things like "i want to order.." or "i would like to order.."

PrincessBird I am SO sorry. I'm always afraid of getting a bad one with any supplier - NBF, J or Catty, etc. Mine was shiny too. Some parts of my bag actually have no distressing but every bag is diff, even auths. I drenched mine in Lovin My Bags' Silk Conditioner. It took some shine away and I've just been using the bag constantly. If you don't like it though, try selling it on ioffer. I saw the anthra leather and it was amazing..but then again you never know what batch you will get with NBF :(

She was supposed to get me pics of her chain around Maxi and nothing from her since. I wrote her again and nothing. Odd because I've been a very good customer. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->