iOffer Bags, Lushfashions.com, etc. #9 (Posting Requires Reading Rules in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, does anyone know why Jacky charges so much for shipping when it's less than five bags, when Catty does it for $15 (I asked and that was the reply...). I'm trying to wrap my mind around it. I buy things from China all the time on Ebay and $40 on one purse is a lot @_@!

Catty charges way more on the bags so it evens out. Shipping from China is very expensive. I've shipped things to China and if you send express (like Jacky does), it's $37 for one bag. His shipping prices are fair. I know it's a bummer to pay all that extra though. That's why I do group orders so we don't pay shipping! :flower:

Wow! Nuage is gorgeous!! I love how silky the leather looks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
It's just that the problem is more the stud than the buckle, cause the upper stud is placed way too far from the edge of the leather bit (and therefore to close to the buckle). Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the stud and put it back in again (I would be making another hole). Or would I have to go see a professional?

for some reason i couldn't post or send pm's lately :doh: ..... I changed browser, cleared cookies and hopefully this will work :unsure:
my long awaited Anthra Folk and Life wallet arrived today and I'm super happy with both :smile:
here are some pics (all are mine)

Attachments

• DSCF9125-1.JPG
    DSCF9125-1.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF9130-1.JPG
    DSCF9130-1.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF9128-1.JPG
    DSCF9128-1.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 16
Very nice Pixie star, that bag looks so soft! I'm glad you like it. I've heard alot of positive reviews about the folk, I was on the fence about them but now that I'm seeing the pics I really like them. The boys have been working their butts off to get these out, this is the 1st run of these so a few tweaks are expected but all in all I think they did an amazing job!

I have a question, does anyone know why Jacky charges so much for shipping when it's less than five bags, when Catty does it for $15 (I asked and that was the reply...). I'm trying to wrap my mind around it. I buy things from China all the time on Ebay and $40 on one purse is a lot @_@!

babybluestar is right, Catty's overall charges on her bags are more but she charges less for shipping. Last time I bought from her it was $25 - has it changed? The firs time I bought 2 bags and my total was over $320 and she shipped by FedEx, the second time I bought one bag total was $100 and she sent it by airmail - she told me it would cost $450 by FedEx, was really weird though. Took 1 month to arrive and I had to pay custom duties.

Jacky - I've bought 5 bags from him and he still charged me $120 by DHL. You only get the free shipping if you are in the UK&US. Not sure about AUS?

Now I buy 1-2 or 3 bags from Jacky and shipping by DHL hovers around $100. I usually split it with whoever I'm buying with and get my bags really quickly (I also don't have to pay customs. Score!).

So yes, Jacky's bags are quite cheap when compared with other sellers taking QUALITY and Workmanship into account.

pixie star I'm lovin you Anthra Folk the leather looks amazing!! I'm thinking to get me one but not until they fix the problem with the buckle...
By the way did anybody told the boys about this?
Are they going to fix their inventory?

for some reason i couldn't post or send pm's lately :doh: ..... I changed browser, cleared cookies and hopefully this will work :unsure:
my long awaited Anthra Folk and Life wallet arrived today and I'm super happy with both :smile:
here are some pics (all are mine)
Posted via Mobile Device

trendy, good question. I haven't told them. not sure i want to be the one. yes, i am a wimp. I did tell them about the 'made in italy' stamping that has changed though, and the seemed aware. So im sure someone will mention it.

Id like to see anyone's repair results when and if they happen. I am not too confident to try anything yet. But from all the auth Folks I have been looking at, the studs are very close to the buckle. The top stud I think is fine, but if I moved the buckle any more down, closer to the bottom stud, I think it would still look 'off'.

LovedByChanel, I love your cute Popobe bears (glitter bear charms) in your bag collection in the Pics Only thread! I have two Popobes myself, in pink and white. :flower:

OK guys. I'm going to start a group order and hope to send it all by this weekend. Please PM me if you're interested. I'm probably going to get one or two bags.

I wanted the Ebene canvas, but there is only Azur :/ I'm very worried about it getting dirty.

oceanhue, what style are you getting in azur? i'm waiting for a neverfull damier azur MM =) i want a mono NF mm too for summer.

oceanhue, what style are you getting in azur? i'm waiting for a neverfull damier azur MM =) i want a mono NF mm too for summer.

I've actually been yearning for a Berkley, but he only has the Azur :( so I was thinking of settling on the Canvas Totally PM... But now I'm thinking of getting a Speedy. Not sure which one I should get. So many choices!!! IDK what to do!

Edit: Does anyone here own J's Speedy 25?

Hello girls, so sorry about the ones that they recieved folks a little off, im sure you can solve it :smile: I wanted to buyone (in antha) and i dont know now...
I had also an issue about the ROSE GOLD HARDWARE from the boys and i was a little worried because you can notice that the hardware was more gold than rose and black.. so i followed the advice of DAFT and i used shoe polish :woot: and here you have the results.
Let me know what you think

Pics by me (Melanie87)

oceanhue- I REALLY wanted a berkeley for a while but J's is off- the front plaque doesn't have the 4 outer screws like an auth:

Auth from purseblog:
louis-vuitton-damier-berkeley-plate.jpg

J's:
s04_9115.jpg

I didn't end up buying bc of it :(

*pics from purseblog and Jacky

oceanhue, i would go with J or Catty for a speedy. I compared C's speedy to my auth and it was identical. I am def buying a damier speedy 30 when fall rolls around.

i emailed T+D and asked them to put me on the list for coquelicot and blue lavande, so they can gauge interest.

if you are interested, i suggest contacting them yourselves so they know how much leather to get etc.

I posted more pics in the pictures thread but wanted to share here :D
Really happy with my Anthra work in RGGH. A fellow TFS'r gave me the seller's name and I couldn't be happier.
IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

Melanie, that looks good! It makes the thimbles a lot darker......

Can someone give me a little more detail on what is off about the Folks (like a pic with an arrow drawn on it?) I bought two of them (seigle and ardoise--OMG! leather is beautiful!), but for the life of me I can't see what's off, comparing it to pics on the other forum.

I was surprised by how the ardoise leather has a slight green undertone in bright sunlight--sort of a green/blue/grey.

shoestringtravel many thanks for your lovely comment!! Yes, I'm quite happy with the thimbles right now :smile:

I would like also a FOLK but in anthra, as i say before.. aggh,, to many many T&D bags LOL!!
Thanks to another nice girl from this forum, i will be able to have an ardoise bag.. everyone says that's a good quality :smile:

i recieved today my SEIGLE CITY RH.. is quite dark.. i imagined it like caramel or coffee latte, dont know if this makes sense to someone XD XD

I will post pics tomorrow with the sunlight.
kisses girls!!!

OK guys. I'm going to start a group order and hope to send it all by this weekend. Please PM me if you're interested. I'm probably going to get one or two bags.

I wanted the Ebene canvas, but there is only Azur :/ I'm very worried about it getting dirty.

Oceanhue,

I've had Jacky's Damier Azur pouchette for I think four years now (at least 3) and body of it is still in almost-new condition. The ivory-colored zipper fabric shows some dirt and the stitching is no longer white but more of a light gray.

It looks still like a million bucks. I think you can scotchguard the zipper fabric and that will help.

Hope this helps!

Momma bagster (claws up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"