iOffer Bags, Lushfashions.com, etc. #10 (Posting Requires Reading Rules in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that with conditioning (basically anything works) and having the tassels on the bag for a few weeks, the "kinks" work themselves out fairly quickly. A nice, thick conditioner or hand lotion really helps.

I had a black Day from T&D last year that was super-shiny and dry as could be. I hit it with every conditioner I had in the house, even some stuff that I wouldn't recommend, and nothing helped remove the shine. It drove me nuts, but after carrying it for a year, and having it get oil from my skin and sunscreen and dirt all over it, it's now settled down to a lovely, distressed sheen that looks just like an authentic. So maybe if you use and abuse your City, some day it will wear down to a nice finish?

(And if you want to feel better, just look at all the pictures on the 'other forum' with authentics that have a mirror finish.)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I would to join if anyone is making an order with girls from europe :smile: im desidering soo much his ps1 in black and now that i recieved my medium tan im already loving it sooo much :smile:

What does everyone think of Jacky's Alexa in gunmetal sparkle tweed? I love the bag but I can't help thinking Jacky's is a bit....shiny?

Here's a picture of the NBF Day after a year's use. While it's by no means matte, and it looks shinier in the picture than in real life, I've really gotten to like it. (pic: mine)

Attachments

• nbfday.jpg
    nbfday.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
Any Canadian gals/guys here affected by the postal strike? Jacky just told me hk post isn't shipping to Canada now until the strike is over, so if I want my bags I have to pay an additional $80 for dhl....grrrrr! If you're about to pay for your order, I'd wait till shipping is up and running again - otherwise you'll pay more, or sit and wait with your bank acct out of $435 and your package sitting and waiting in china :(
Posted via Mobile Device

I also got a black day from NBF before, it was shiny at first but after a few weeks of daily use the shine went away on its own, and the leather became softer too...

Anyone ordered anything from ehbest lately? How's the quality? Now that the site is password protected they seem to have selection that some of our usual sellers don't????? Would love to hear thoughts before I take the plunge on some LV.

I also think that something in going on with the tassels my first purchased was back in Dec Turquiose City and tassels were flat after that I had pursed 5 RH from boys and all of them has bents tassels not straight at all It bothers me a little I had try placing then in between books but in my case is just not working.

PinkPrincess I am so jealous of you getting such an amazing city from the boys (but also very happy for you)!
I was really hoping the boys would have had an eye at this batch. I guess I will have to try and sell it. I will Order the Anthra Work RH and just hope she is better!

On another note, the tassels on the boys Bals, have they changed in terms of quality? Or am I going crazy?

Thanks for the responses!

Any Canadian gals/guys here affected by the postal strike? Jacky just told me hk post isn't shipping to Canada now until the strike is over, so if I want my bags I have to pay an additional $80 for dhl....grrrrr! If you're about to pay for your order, I'd wait till shipping is up and running again - otherwise you'll pay more, or sit and wait with your bank acct out of $435 and your package sitting and waiting in china :(
Posted via Mobile Device
I ordered two Bottegas from Jacky and paid him May 29th. I knew the strike was coming and didn't know how long it would last so I asked him how much to ship DHL. He said it would be an additional $30 for the two bags. I figured I was already going to pay $40 so what's an extra $30? I can barely get lunch at Earls for that! I was supposed to get the Maxi Veneta & Roma Tote but the Maxi was delayed by two weeks & we were waiting for it to ship with the Roma. Then I saw a Roma in Camel! I asked Jacky to ship me two Roma Totes zip-zip! (I'll get the Maxi in a few weeks). He shipped them June 15 (China time) and I received them today. I'll gladly pay $70 to get my bags in 3 days without customs issues. Especially considering they're 1:1 mirror replicas. So much so I'll have no issues strolling into BV at The Palazzo in two weeks.
Maybe you can get together with some other girls and do a group order and split the shipping costs. I wouldn't mind getting another BV.

Does anyone have or know of somewhere I can see comparison pictures of an authentic AW Rocco and Jacky's Rocco. I just want to know if it is spot on?

Okay now I'm really worried..I ordered a black city gsh from the boys, I hope it will not be too shiny..

Hi Ladies :smile:

I just read all of your comments! I'm so glad I am not the only person who has had this happen to. I took it out on a trip yesterday and got my boyfriend to rough it up a bit (seeing as I am so delicate with my bags).. I dont think there are any changed yet, but I will definitely keep you posted. I guess this city is going to be an experiment piece.

SMKelly Its reassuring to know that the bag ended up losing its shine. How did you go about dying your bag exactly? That sounds tricky!

Pink Princess, you telling me this is extremely reassuring. And you are happy with your city now right? :smile:

Xooey thanks for the tip! I will definitely be sending them photos of my leather preferences from now on! Have you always gotten the bags you wanted after sending them photos? Because I thought that when they had a leather batch there wasn't a choice about what kind of leather you wanted for your bag?
On another note Xooey, I ironed my tassels in-between thick ironing fabric. It worked like a charm. I made sure my iron wasnt too hot and worked the tassels slowly. It actually made the tassels look thinner and straighter and much more authentic looking than the (pitiful) tassels I had before :smile:

So, after me rambling for ever.. Does anyone know when the boys are planning on releasing their new colors? When I asked they said around the 15th, but its passed now and I am still waiting. I'm really curious to see what the BLUE LAVANDE and the COQUELICOT

.. are like.
I hope the boys get them as close to the authentic as possible. the blog, For the Love of Balenciaga has shown a few samples and the colors look delicious!
yumm yumm

xx

SMKelly Its reassuring to know that the bag ended up losing its shine. How did you go about dying your bag exactly? That sounds tricky!

PrincessBird,

I was terrified, but it was SO liberating. I bought a bottle of Terrago ( Spanish dye brand) and a bottle of Fiebings (A German dye brand) online, and gave it three coats of one and finished with a coat of the other. I can't remember which it was now. Let it dry over night between coats, and voila!

Then I sold it to my co-worker, who has beat it up to no end, and it still looks amazing.

I posted the how-to instructions in one of the older threads.

Cheers,
Shelley

PrincessBird,

I was terrified, but it was SO liberating. I bought a bottle of Terrago ( Spanish dye brand) and a bottle of Fiebings (A German dye brand) online, and gave it three coats of one and finished with a coat of the other. I can't remember which it was now. Let it dry over night between coats, and voila!

Then I sold it to my co-worker, who has beat it up to no end, and it still looks amazing.

I posted the how-to instructions in one of the older threads.

Cheers,
Shelley

Oh jeez, I think I would have a fit. I dont think I would be able to ever dye a bal, unless maybe it was a bad fake.
But well done to you for having the courage to try something out! :D

Princessbird Yes I looove my city now. I may have gotten a different batch because the leather looks really different. However try some lovin my bags silk conditioner. Or any type of conditioner! I did it about 7 times and the bag is silky and puddles up with absolutely zero shine.

The funniest part is that my mom is so opposed to fakes but when she saw me with my nbf black city today she thought it was 09 black RH city hahah!

Anyway I'm wanting some multicolor accessories now. I'm thinking of the white MC Eugenie wallet and the black MC zippy coin purse. Anyone have these? I would never go for auth with these cuz the MC seems to fade after heavy use. Can anyone comment on the quality of the MC stuff?
Posted via Mobile Device

Here is my NBF seigle Folk. I posted more pictures in the pictures only thread. (pic: mine) I love the leather, color, and size of this bag! It's starting to get some denim transfer, though, so I've got to watch that. :P Love love love this seigle leather, and I hope the boys keep on making more Folk bags in different colors (and Bal does, too, so we've got something to imitate)--it's really the perfect size for a messenger bag.

I've got a ardoise Folk, too, that I am hesitating to use until I hit it with some good protection. I'm tossing around the idea of putting LMB For Handles Only on the bottom/back of the bag to prevent grime and denim transfer. Has anyone used this product and can weigh in on whether this is a terrible idea or not? Does the FHO change the color of the leather such that you don't want to use it on the body of the bag? I just love the ardoise color so much, and want to prevent the inevitable grime and destruction as long as possible.

Attachments

• folkA2.jpg
    folkA2.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble