The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops took too long to edit my post

Edit: oops just saw you actually already found a couple you loved !

So I am back from the deep end and since I have started the 4-5 pieces for a year now I was able to realise a couple of things:

What didn't work
- I hate the Vanessa Bruno cashmere sweater I bought: when I first got it I was a bit disappointed at how thin it was but I thought it would be better for layering etc... It was indeed good for layering but I will not spend that kind on money again on a sweater from there..
- I don't use the DvF cardigan as much as I should as it just doesn't fit my lifestyle nor style. It is a beautiful piece on its own but I am just not enough fashion forward enough for it.
- big regret: not having spent as much time curating the jewellery part of my wardrobe. It might have been a better ideas to invest on more studs earrings and less bracelet as it is not practical at the hospital. Also, earrings really help post call to look human.

What worked
- I love Chinti & Parker: their sweater/top haven't disappointed and their cashmere are good quality.
- Gianvito Rossi & Lanvin make the best shoes for me. I love love all the boots & flats I have bought there.
- Helmut lang dresses: they are now my go to dresses when I need something simple yet cute and comfortable.
- Burberry: I love my trench. Great investment ! I haven't used my coats enough though as I really love my Zara coat but, so far so good as well !
- Christian Louboutin/Jimmy Choo: in the end, I find Jimmy Choo pumps to suit me better. I love the louboutin but I am much more comfortable in the Choo (maybe because I picked a lower heel?) That being said, the Louboutin are still getting used during clinics but when I need some pumps to go with an outfit during the weekend for example, I go for the Choo.
- I am so glad I invested in all those cocktail dresses when I could: I have had wedding every weekend or so since June and I now have to attend a lot of surgical/medical conferences and there is always a dinner of some sort. And, because of my past indulgence, I haven't had the need to shop because of all the dresses I snatched at a great price already (thanks the outnet sale/clearance and thank you Alexander McQueen)
- Stella McCartney, Fendi & Joseph do a GREAT job at tailoring for people with my body type (ie a big bottom & tiny waist). I love all the trousers I have brought there. Great quality and very comfortable.
- the colour scheme really work and truly help to not spend too much time agonizing on what to wear with what ! Although I had a bit of blue fatigue so I want to venture more towards the yellow/pink. I am slowly letting go of the black as I think it is not really the best given my future profession... From what I see around me, the ladies always try to incorporate something a bit more "lively" and I agree.
- I am very very happy I snatched the old YSL Cabas chyc in black, grey and blue as they don't do them anymore. And same can be said for the classic 2jours. I love my big bags and they truly help when having to bring change of clothes for clinics etc..

About my style
- I used to think I dressed "too mature" and did not have enough "fun pieces" but I kept going and now that I am always at the hospital, I am so glad I stuck to my guns. I look much more professional compared to my peers who are still figuring it out and I even got some compliments from senior surgeons ^_^
On the contrary, the very short assos dresses/funky h&m top etc are no longer part of my closet..

In a nutshell, it might not have been the best choices given my lifestyle last year etc but it is truly helping right now !

And now I have to catch up on everything I have missed :ninja:

@Eizhowa

I love EVERTYTHING! It's so my style. Very basic, minimal and mature.

I've finally found a non see through silk white blouse. I'm still waiting to lose those extra 3 kilos so I finally can by myself a new vintage look wash jeans. And I've bought a navy jumper. I'm saving my money for some vintage jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->