The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now I feel folish. I was looking at a video on Youtube about wardrobe basics, and the woman said a "black silk cami" was a basic for her, and she showed the Aritzia one. I guess she couldn't find a black silk cami either seeing as she had to show a non-silk one for her example!:rolleyes:

Don't be silly. ^_^ The real problem is, that some retailers have 100% polyester tops listed as silk. :rolleyes:

Betina, I said order those jeans, as hemming skinny ones shouldn't be a problem. :smile:

Don't be silly. ^_^ The real problem is, that some retailers have 100% polyester tops listed as silk. :rolleyes:

Betina, I said order those jeans, as hemming skinny ones shouldn't be a problem. :smile:

Not as bad, but same goes for "cashmere sweaters" with less than 5% cashmere in them.

Thx for your input. There seems to be a tie between people who aggree with you and people who think that they will not be tapered enough at the ankle after hemming.

So, I've been looking for a pair of vintage(-look) Levi's jeans for the past year or so and had pretty much given up, thinking their fit just did not work for my bodytype, but today I found a perfect pair. I just need them one size smaller than what they had in store. I've found them online, but the length is a 32", and the ones I tried in store was 28" (which seemed like a good length). Do you think I can just get them hemmed and I will be good to go, or will the dimensions be weird somehow?

All of mine have to be whacked significantly, like 6" sometimes I think, and according to me they turn out fine :wink:

PS Even worse, 'cotton cashmere' that's 100% cotton. Or in home goods, 'vintage' for something made yesterday that in their mind is vintage style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zara seems to have coined the term "silk quality" and "cashmere quality" when refering to polyester and acrylic-_-

Drives me nuts.

It's all so true! :lol:

Today I received my orders and the skirt is absolutely amazing! :woot: It fits great and matches perfectly with the ribbed vest I've ordered with it. It's a coincidence really, since the lighting in online store pics is rarely on point.

Same thing has happened 5 years ago, when I've ordered my sandals and they turned out to be the same shade as the bag I've bought previously. They are also both nude and I find nude shades to be particularly hard to match within the range.
Talking about satisfaction!

Now I will definitely wait with the silk cami. I might even skip it if discount code doesn't turn up and wear this matchy combo for the wedding. :cool:

All of mine have to be whacked significantly, like 6" sometimes I think, and according to me they turn out fine :wink:

PS Even worse, 'cotton cashmere' that's 100% cotton. Or in home goods, 'vintage' for something made yesterday that in their mind is vintage style.

Whoa, that is a whole lot. Maybe I should just try ordering them.

Seriously, how can that even be legal? I mean, it seems like a perfect case of false advertisement. The vintage thing happens a lot with clothes too - in my area it is frequently used with the meaning "2nd hand".

@Jina:
just saw your pic on insta - definetely a perfect match. I think an all nude look would be gorgeous for a wedding.

So, I had to kill some time today between a dentist appointment and lunch with my hubby, so I went Levi's hunting. Good thing, because it turns out I needed to sizes down from the pair I tried on the other day. I have never bought anything but highstreet denim and have never felt the need to try anything different since I have never managed to wear out a pair of jeans, but the fit of these are impeccable. Had to order them online to get the right length though, so playing the waiting game.

Not really a planned purchase right now and I was considering whether it made sense since I don't really see myself wearing them at work (they are a light wash and slightly distressed), but since I am going back to studying this fall and will only be working 2 days a week, I think there should be plenty of opportunities to wear them.

^ I can't believe you've never worn out a pair of jeans :o

Well, I don't really know what to reply :blink: it has just never happened.

@Eizhowa: do I recall correctly that you tried ordering from Zalando and couldn't pay by card due to "returning too much" (which seems like a really silly reason..)

I have worn out almost every pair of jeans I've owned, except for the ones the dry cleaners lost :wink: An absolutely perfect pair of black Calvin Kleins, size 6, many years ago ...

I have worn out almost every pair of jeans I've owned, except for the ones the dry cleaners lost :wink: An absolutely perfect pair of black Calvin Kleins, size 6, many years ago ...

Well, previously my denim hasn't gotten a lot of wear, and nowadays, I dunno - just does not happen. I know that my friends who bike frequently will have jeans break, but never happened to me.

Also, I have never lost anything during dry-cleaning, fortunately, because that sounds like a true tragedy.

So I think that my next purchase will be an order from Realisation Par. I have been eyeing their things for a year now and even though I initially didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of buying something shipped from Hong Kong, my craving does not seem to go away..

I am looking to get a Bianca blouse and a (wrap) dress. I am currently mostly drawn to the Cream Superstar bianca, but wearing light coloured silk makes me nervous and I am thinking that the black one or the navy one with the small star print may be easier to layer (with things like my cream cami, stripe tops etc.). So should I get the one I want the most or be sensible about it?

For the dress, the one I originally fell for was the navy star print, and thus I feel like that is the way to go, but in the mean time I have gotten another navy star print dress, that I suppose will not get a lot of wear if I get this one, so maybe a bad idea? But again, I am just not feeling as strongly for the other (darker) dresses, and I need something in a darker shade, since I want to be able to wear it for fall with black stockings and boots. The black star print is growing on me, though.

What would you guys do?

Pics via realisationpar.com

Attachments

• 1cf5b83c0021e6c900cd1d660ee96a70.jpg
    1cf5b83c0021e6c900cd1d660ee96a70.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 18694d8e4908f88278fe2b96d11d1eb8.jpg
    18694d8e4908f88278fe2b96d11d1eb8.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
  • bfe3083fd003c1064abac8aa9be1fbf7.jpg
    bfe3083fd003c1064abac8aa9be1fbf7.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 6a1549a25cffb26ab206541cc61a677c.jpg
    6a1549a25cffb26ab206541cc61a677c.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 294a8907986f28d2501ef883b989461a.jpg
    294a8907986f28d2501ef883b989461a.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4f44f1af85935f84e2b5886b4fe34864.jpg
    4f44f1af85935f84e2b5886b4fe34864.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 678795a7b46e526f8197192149f30a9c.jpg
    678795a7b46e526f8197192149f30a9c.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
It's all so true! :lol:

Today I received my orders and the skirt is absolutely amazing! :woot: It fits great and matches perfectly with the ribbed vest I've ordered with it. It's a coincidence really, since the lighting in online store pics is rarely on point.

Same thing has happened 5 years ago, when I've ordered my sandals and they turned out to be the same shade as the bag I've bought previously. They are also both nude and I find nude shades to be particularly hard to match within the range.
Talking about satisfaction!

Now I will definitely wait with the silk cami. I might even skip it if discount code doesn't turn up and wear this matchy combo for the wedding. :cool:

Jina, the skirt is so cute!!!

Speaking of jeans, I also has to chop up quite significmtly whenever buying jeans. Looks OK

Betina: well Zalandos story is that it is for "security reasons" :rolleyes: nice try Zalando.

I would personally not buy the last dress you posted because it is identical to a dress from a Kate Moss for Topshop collection, only the topshop one is a bit longer. I would rather by the Topshop one second hand and hem it if that was your favourite.

Personally, I like the bianca top the most. The cut is so flatrering and They go with jeans so at least for me they would get much more wear. But perhaps you would wear the dress with tights in winter?

Writing on my phone so enjoy all the typos!:flower:

^they told me the exact same thing. Don't think I will be shopping there again.

Thx for the info about the km x topshop dress. I am definitely gravitating mostly towards a wrap dress. I am planning to get both a top and a dress, and I want to be able to wear both during winter (hence needing a dark dress so it can pair with black stockings and boots).

Also on my phone, so right back at ya. Currently in a hell of my own making (clearing out my attic)

^they told me the exact same thing. Don't think I will be shopping there again.

Thx for the info about the km x topshop dress. I am definitely gravitating mostly towards a wrap dress. I am planning to get both a top and a dress, and I want to be able to wear both during winter (hence needing a dark dress so it can pair with black stockings and boots).

Also on my phone, so right back at ya. Currently in a hell of my own making (clearing out my attic)

I WOULD LOVE TO CLEAR AN ATTIC!! I have cleaned out thw wardrobes of all my friends because I have run out of places to clean at home. YOU ARE SO LUCKY!

* waits for the adrenaline levels to drop *

Zalando sends me an invoice and I will not be defeated by their stupid blacklisting system. So I currently have 4 pair of sneakers and two pairs of jeans to send back:angel:

I would really like a bianca top myself, but I don't think any of the colors would work for me so I am hoping to get a similar top from Rouje instead. They have a top called Yasmine that is very similar in cut (deep V, tied at waist).

For you, it sort of sounds like the navy versions would work the best. It should work great with black. But you are danish so black on black might not as big of an issue as it is in my head :P

I actually prefer the navy top as well, but I am guessing you probably dont want a blouse and dress in the same pattern...

I WOULD LOVE TO CLEAR AN ATTIC!! I have cleaned out thw wardrobes of all my friends because I have run out of places to clean at home. YOU ARE SO LUCKY!

* waits for the adrenaline levels to drop *

Zalando sends me an invoice and I will not be defeated by their stupid blacklisting system. So I currently have 4 pair of sneakers and two pairs of jeans to send back:angel:

I would really like a bianca top myself, but I don't think any of the colors would work for me so I am hoping to get a similar top from Rouje instead. They have a top called Yasmine that is very similar in cut (deep V, tied at waist).

For you, it sort of sounds like the navy versions would work the best. It should work great with black. But you are danish so black on black might not as big of an issue as it is in my head :P

I actually prefer the navy top as well, but I am guessing you probably dont want a blouse and dress in the same pattern...

Well, had I known that.. Not a lot of it were clothes though, just random cr*p. Really glad now it is done.

The yasmine looks really nice too - I can definetely see the burgundy working with your colour scheme. I really like rouje's stuff as well.

And yeah, that's the thing, I would rather not get them in the same pattern, and it seems like the navy star dress is the one I keep eyeing. I am actually not that good with black on black any more, I prefer a pop of colour. I saw a girl on instagram wearing the cream star bianca over a black outfit, and it looked gorgeous. I could also see it going really well with brown accesories, and quite a few of my bags are brown.. But again, not very practical, AND sold out at the moment, so maybe black star bianca and navy star dress. Or vice versa. Decissions, decissions.

Well, had I known that.. Not a lot of it were clothes though, just random cr*p. Really glad now it is done.

The yasmine looks really nice too - I can definetely see the burgundy working with your colour scheme. I really like rouje's stuff as well.

And yeah, that's the thing, I would rather not get them in the same pattern, and it seems like the navy star dress is the one I keep eyeing. I am actually not that good with black on black any more, I prefer a pop of colour. I saw a girl on instagram wearing the cream star bianca over a black outfit, and it looked gorgeous. I could also see it going really well with brown accesories, and quite a few of my bags are brown.. But again, not very practical, AND sold out at the moment, so maybe black star bianca and navy star dress. Or vice versa. Decissions, decissions.

Well I have just cleared out my friends wardrobes only because it does not feel socially acceptable to ask to get to rummage around in their attics and throw out their junk:cool:

I don't know if you watch The Big Bang Theory, but I really identify with Sheldon in this clip:

Back on topic, who was the girl wearing that gorgeous outfit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->