The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
plus I must have a bottle of Fresh Life. Planning to treat myself for my birthday.

What is this mysterious bottled life refresher? It sounds like something I need for early mornings :ninja:

I'm planning to buy only one more item in the sales (ok, maybe two :innocent:) to add to my summer wardrobe. And after that my next purchase will be a new f/w coat. I'm not sure yet what kind of coat, I'm thinking either a peacoat or a big parka. The peacoat will be more versatile, the parka probably more comfortable.

Until then I'm planning/hoping to find some rest with my current wardrobe. I have pretty much everything I need but I still find myself wanting more which is just plain greed :blush:. I need some zen attitude in my wardrobe.

I've bought 2 light pink Fine Jersey Short Sleeve Women's Tees from American Apparel for 18 Euro apiece. But I won't buy the same ones again because the cotton is thinner than I hoped for and 18 Euro is a bit too much for this quality. They are nice but after one year of medium wear they will be ready for the trash bin. I hoped for a bit thicker cotton 100%, like my old ones bought localy. You can only judge the thickness of the cotton in real life unfortunately. I will look futher.
I've returned my sale hat, too small, but I also didn't like the design in real life that much. A bit too much Robin Hood. :P
I'm already looking at the pre-fall designs.

My pic

Exactly!

I haven't bought much this summer either, though I did finally find a white cotton eyelet shirt to replace the vintage one that I've worn to death over the last few summers. This new one is from H&M but seems quite well made, and is a more structured sleeveless button down, which I think keeps the eyelet from becoming too cute.

I also thrifted an oversized thin cotton button down shirt to wear as a beach cover-up. With the bikinis I bought last month I think I have my beachwear sorted for the first time in years. Now I just need to book a holiday to somewhere warm. :P

I complained about my summer wardrobe some posts back, but I am finding that it works well as long as it stays cool enough to wear pants. What I need is a summer dress or two for the really hot days, but I can't seem to find anything that speaks to me. I look best in feminine styles with a defined waist, but I don't want anything too girly and cute...something simple and relaxed but elegant preferably...any ideas for what I could look for??

I just bought this dress from 5preview http://store.5preview.se/product/ss14-heartneck-dress maybe that could be an option for you? It has the defined waist, but without becoming too cute, IMO :flower:

What is this mysterious bottled life refresher? It sounds like something I need for early mornings :ninja:

I'm planning to buy only one more item in the sales (ok, maybe two :innocent:) to add to my summer wardrobe. And after that my next purchase will be a new f/w coat. I'm not sure yet what kind of coat, I'm thinking either a peacoat or a big parka. The peacoat will be more versatile, the parka probably more comfortable.

Until then I'm planning/hoping to find some rest with my current wardrobe. I have pretty much everything I need but I still find myself wanting more which is just plain greed :blush:. I need some zen attitude in my wardrobe.

Some people here I think have found the Zen attitude ... when they really find it they disappear :lol:

I guess bottled fresh life would be pretty good, right? This is what I mean ...

http://www.sephora.com/fresh-life-P...dv=c&site=us_search&country_switch=us&lang=en

PS Nymphaea, I was scanning your post & saw 'A bit too much Robin Thicke' ... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I need some zen attitude in my wardrobe.

Thank you, oh thank you for not saying zenitude.

My pet peeve "French" term, lol. And people especially use it to appeal to me because they think they're being so Japanese, as in "Zenitude, hein? :brows::brows:"

:doh:

:lol:

My pet peeve "French" term, lol. And people especially use it to appeal to me because they think they're being so Japanese, as in "Zenitude, hein? :brows::brows:"

:doh:

:lol:

Ohh have mercy ... that term hasn't made it here, thank goodness for small favors :mrgreen:

That term hasn't made it here either, let's hope it stays that way. Combined words always make me cringe.

@ ta-ta and Fewormany: Good to know the virus is contained. And thanks for your solidarity, lol! Combined words are often horrid, yes (ch----x is pure abomination.) Except it's satisfying when the portmanteau describes even more awful things, like "insinuendo"! :P

I have tried on that biker jacket with fur lining from a few posts ago. Beautiful but there were too many buts for me to keep the jacket. The fur got all the time stuck in the zipper, so I needed my buddy to zip me up each time. Also the fur tended to shed a bit, so how long before it doesn't look nice anymore. The jacket was also a bit too short for me and the overlap at the front tended to stick out a bit at the sides. When I'm in London I will try on the jackets of Rick Owens. Curious for the possible differences.

I just came back from a week long beachy holiday. It was kind of an impulsive vacation and I only had an afternoon to prepare and pack, so there was very little wardrobe planning involved. It served as a good test of how well the things in my wardrobe work together, I think. I only brought a carry-on suitcase, and still I ended up not wearing everything I brought, choosing to rather wear a few pieces more and hand wash them, which tells me I need even less than I thought. Here are the things I wore:

• Black bikini
  • Fuschia bikini
  • Denim shorts (for the beach and for hiking)
  • White oversized button down shirt (beach cover-up)
  • Black skirt
  • Black jeans (for traveling and on a couple of chilly evenings)
  • Blue/white striped 3/4 sleeved button down shirt
  • White sleeveless eyelet shirt
  • Breton striped tank top
  • Green/blue/yellow floral pencil dress (for evening/dinners)
  • Black tennis shoes (for hiking/sightseeing)
  • Black flat leather sandals (only wore these once and could have managed fine without them, but I like to bring an extra pair of sandals just in case.)
  • Brown/cream flat leather sandals
  • Brown leather bag
  • Canvas tote
  • Cream wallet/purse (for evening)

There were a couple of things I felt were missing: a pair of lightweight trousers or long skirt/dress, as I had to wear jeans a couple of times going into an orthodox church and a monastery, which was way too hot in daytime. Also another lightweight dress would have been nice. Otherwise I have never been more satisfied with my travel wardrobe (nor received more compliments on my style) than this vacation. :flower:

Can someone help me with the sizing of Isabel Marant jackets. What's a size 2 and three?

Trenchcoat: I think you'd be about a 1, but maybe you can ask the seller for measurements?

Here's a visual of my summer purchases. None of them particularly pricey, and most quite basic. More than 4-5 pieces, but I feel like I'm at a point now where I don't have much that I need in terms of basics, and I can focus on more interesting pieces to add to my wardrobe.

Skjermbilde2014-07-09kl163833_zpsbad65125.png

ahalife.com, hm.com, lindex.no, shopbop.com, selfridges.com

White oversized cotton shirt (second hand) - I bought this to use as a beach cover-up primarily, and it worked perfectly for that.

White eyelet button-down (H&M) - this replaced a vintage blouse that I had worn apart. I've had relatively good experience with cotton shirts from H&M too.

Denim shorts (H&M) - I consider this a basic too, and some of my favourite denim comes from H&M so I hope this will last a while.

Bikinis (Lindex) - I decided to go a little out of my comfort zone with a bold pink, though I must admit I tend to reach for the black one most.

Leather sandals - a holiday purchase

DKNY wallet/iphone purse - an impulse sale purchase from today. I've been without a proper wallet for a really long time, and fell for the envelope shape.

I must admit there are a few things I am eyeing still, though...:angel:

A pair of sunglasses were on my list for this summer. I got a pair of Ray Ban tortoise clubmasters last summer, and they are super-comfortable, but I don't feel they are entirely me. I've been looking at the Meteor shape (a slight cat-eye) but I tried them on today and they were a bit too much on me. The Wayfarers however...:heart:

RBOWTB54-1_zps56e095c6.jpg

rayban.com

Also this cashmere scarf...

close-to-my-heart-skjerf-2432362-1000x1000_zps9d4064e6.jpg

miinto.no

I got this in a pale grey from my family for Christmas and it's so lovely. I've been wearing it constantly since March, and it seems to work in all kinds of temperatures. Supersoft and light. I just discovered it's available in this colour as well, which is even more perfect for my preferred palette...hmm. A bit pricey for a scarf, but I might have to get this as one of my autumn purchases. ^_^

^I LOVE those scarves! I have been eyeing them myself!. They are super soft and delicious. I haven't found a color I like and suit yet though. I am hoping they will do a collection of dual colored scarves. I really want a grey or brown scarf that is darker on one side and lighter on the other.

I find my Wayfarers to be really versatile. I was slightly self conscious about wearing them before, but now I wear them all the time. I bought mine when I was 16-17, and I just didn't have the attitude to wear them:rolleyes: I still feel a bit stupid wearing sun glasses on days when it is partially cloudy. I feel a need to take them off as soon as the sun is behind a cloud. Silly, I know... I have learnt to fight the urge though(and before I know it I am deep inside a mall, still wearing my sunnies:innocent: ). I think Wayfarers would be a really good buy. I think the black are more classic, but if you suit the brown ones better, then go for it:wink:

Wishlist 2014/2015

I think everyone in this thread is on holiday or outside enjoying the sun. I am so envious. We have a heat wave that has forced me inside for the time being How people can be outside when it is 25 degrees celsius in the shadows is beyond me.

I have been trying to make a FW wishlist (I am tired of the heat, so I am going to pretend it is September already). I already have a lot of really good basics, but I have dropped a dress-size, so I will need to look for new jeans (oh, the horror) in London. I also want to add more prints and texture to my wardrobe. I am joining Trenchcoat on the hunt for the perfect polka dot blouse:mrgreen:

Current Wish-list:
1. Grey Herringbone/tweed wool coat, mid thigh length
2. Navy Pea coat, hip length, Slim cut
3. Polka dot printed shirt
4. Fitted Breton top
5. Leather belts, tan and black (my old belts are too big:()
6. Jeans, mid-low rise, preferably charcoal/grey
7. Balenciaga Arena boots
8. Heeled black boots
9. Black Porselli flats
10. Suede tobacco Porselli flats

2vdfpfc.png

brownsfashion, nordstrom, coggles, apc, net-a-porter, lagarconne, Barneys, Ralphlauren

I know I won't be able to find most items though... I am looking for very narrow boots, and very slim cut coats, and those are a rare sight where I live:( Luckily, I will survive the winter without any of these items:wink:

^Yes, but they are so long that they create too much bulk around my waist/hips. In the last 2-3 years, I have lost 4" on my hips, so my belts are much, much too long. I have not found anyone in my town who can shorten the overall length of the belts yet. The man who made my belts for me two years ago (in Denmark) had a specific curved metal tool he used to shape the edges of the belt. I ended up giving away my belts away instead of maiming them with the kitchen scissors.

I think there is a man who makes and adjusts the belts for you in one of the towns where I am going on holiday. Hopefully he can help me make some new ones:smile: I don't think he would agree to adjust a belt made by "the competition" though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->