The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your feedback on the shoes everyone, I'm going shopping with mum tomorrow so I'm going to try them on and see what I think.

This is their reply:

Thank you for sending the photos. It's a little hard to tell if the measurements are correct based on these photos, but we would like to rectify this situation with a 20% discount. We are refunding $60 to your account now. This should cover the cost of any alterations you may need.

Please note that we do not customize the underbust area - we had only asked for your bust and waist measurement. In order to customize the underbust area we would have had to change the shape of the pattern. I apologize if there was any miscommunication about this. Please also note for future orders that even when things are made to order you should still anticipate needing alterations, especially for a dress purchased months in advance of wear date. I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and happy holidays to you!

I am quite satisfied with a refund, though simply cannot believe they don't consider such an important measurement for custom made dresses. :blink: It certainly isn't my problem that they would've had to change the shape of the pattern, I paid for it! And also provided 4 measurements to them as I thought they needed as many details as possible in order to make the closest fit.
End of story, thank god. And there definitely won't be any "future orders". :doh: :lol:

This is their reply:

I am quite satisfied with a refund, though simply cannot believe they don't consider such an important measurement for custom made dresses. :blink: It certainly isn't my problem that they would've had to change the shape of the pattern, I paid for it! And also provided 4 measurements to them as I thought they needed as many details as possible in order to make the closest fit.
End of story, thank god. And there definitely won't be any "future orders". :doh: :lol:

What the ... :lol: that is just stupid :blink: glad you got a refund though. That seems like a really odd way of doing business.

Completely agree. Oddly enough the blouse it a perfect size - I went for XS as always and per their suggestions, although I am an S according to their size chart, which considers bust measurement only ...

Uhm... yeah:unsure: Wonder why not all stores just base their sizing on one measurement:huh: It just sounds so brilliant.

I am glad you got the situation sorted out at least!:flower:

Me too! I also found this on their bridal website (my dress is RTW), so I guess I am lucky for even receiving a refund. It doesn't apply to me directly but I find it odd, especially since their bridal gowns are really expensive (and I mean Lanvin price point). :unsure:

Our gowns are made to order following standard garment measurements. Please use our guide when selecting your size. All of our gowns and separates can be tailored easily by a skilled seamstress and alterations for a perfect fit will be up to the customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided against the fur jacket. When I was daydreaming about it, it keept turning into a jacket that was more flattering than the real one. I think my ideal one would be less straight cut (and more bonber-jacked-ish) and fluffier. And maybe a bit shorter to show of my hips more. I definitely want a white fur though. It was very flattering color-wise.

yoox

^ I wonder if it would be possible to find what you want vintage (and for a nice low price)?

Ordered this dress ... has pretty draping on the sleeves in the back. It appears to be the same knit fabric as my other wool dress ... they have a nice code going right now.

Attachments

• Lanvin black dress.jpg
    Lanvin black dress.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 6
^ I love how you don't have to mention it's Lanvin. :lol::heart:

I ended up ordering two pairs of pants from Yoox. In Copenhagen the only thing I allowed myself to buy if I found a nice pair was pants. I did find some, but I already saw these two online and they were cheaper then one pair for full retail. :ninja:. It's a pair of Nudie jeans, straight and slightly loose fitted and a pair of navy Acne chinos (as pictured below). Both brands have done really well for me in terms of both fitting and quality, let's hope these two will continue that.

The weather here is crazy btw, it's so warm I haven't been able to wear my wintercoat for more than two weeks because it's too warm. :shock: Today I went out in a sweater and a denim jacket and it was still pretty warm. It seems like my fall/spring wardrobe will be enough for this winter...

36724633nt_12_f.jpg

yoox.com

^ It goes without saying at this point, right? :wink: However, that will change ... it looks to me like they already have post-Alber accessories on their site.

Hope the pants work out well ... Yoox prices are difficult to resist, I know!

It has also been warm here, above 48-50 F, but we've got a cold spell again as of the last couple days. Today I'm wearing my really warm sweater + my new coat + gloves. Even though it's not lined, the silk insulates pretty well.

PS They had the dress in two other colors, and I was planning to order two ... but apparently someone else ordered the other two in close proximity to my shopping. They didn't show as sold, and I was able to add them to my cart, but then when I opened it, they were removed. No doubt the black will be the most flattering in some respects, as it always is ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I looove the black dress! I have such a sweetspot for long sleeves with a interesting shape. I hope it will work out for you. If the fit is right, it will be such a stylish dress.

They do sell other white jackets from the same brand second-hand online, but I need to try them on in store first. When I go to town I'll have a look:smile:

^ Thank you :flower: I hope so too! One thing I like about it is the neckline allows wearing it to work.

Fingers crossed, then, for something nice ...

I received my amethyst ring this week, and ... it's going back. Had to play a bit of hardball to get the refund, as buried in the shop policies is the fact that layaways are non-refundable. The stone has a great deal of very visible abrasion, but the end result is that it's this huge stone that doesn't sparkle--it basically looks plastic, or like a cabochon, despite being faceted.

In the description she mentioned 'normal wear' to the stone expected for its age, and an issue where maybe someone tried to polish it that's visible under magnification. Um, no, visible to the naked eye in natural light, and the effects of the abrasion visible in all light.

The ring (pinned on my returns board) is in no way an engagement ring and I seriously doubt it ever was, but the shop billed it that way because it's their specialty. I threatened to write one or more reviews, and that got her attention. Seriously, though ... can you imagine, a few days before Christmas, you finally get the ring, you intend to pop the question on Christmas Day ... and then you're horrified to notice the damn ring won't even catch the light! Far from sparkling like the pricey gemstone it is, it looks like something from the gumball machine you feed quarters instead of pennies. If that were the situation, I'd be gnashing my teeth to powder. I told her I considered myself quite lucky that all I was trying to do was buy a ring for myself. She's very polite, but as far as I'm concerned, should never have touched this ring. Good to excellent condition only, my a$$.

So, I have a significant refund coming soon, and I bet none of you can guess what I plan to spend it on :lol:

^ That's really unfortunate! :unsure: Glad you will get a refund, but will you search for other rings?

I really wanted to find a great sweater this season, but had no luck till yesterday. It was Christmas after all and I had to buy myself a gift too. -_- Nothing cought my eye before as it was either too basic or synthetic, but this one is a real statement sweater and I needed new knitwear. It was massively discounted, the last one available and in my size, so I ordered it without thinking. I really appreciate these kinds of finds, especially when we're talking about such a bargain! It's cotton with cashmere ...

shae, asos

Attachments

• 1100138a.jpg
    1100138a.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 0
  • image3xxl.jpg
    image3xxl.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1100138b.jpg
    1100138b.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 0
^ I like it! And a hit of color too :wink:

I may look at rings later on, but I'm still on my Lanvin mission ... :muscles: A lot of things have sold out, but there are still some available that I have my eye on ...

Love the jumper, Jina!

And that is a shame about the ring, ta-ta :(

The boyfriend and I have been discussing clothing and such... we have been very much into yoox lately and decided we're going to start focusing on good quality. Funny Primark tees are still going to happen, but within reason; our budgets are very small (especially his right now, as he is studying full time), so heavy yoox discounts will do :lol:

I am in dire need of a wallet, and am eyeing a Marc by Marc Jacobs one. Anyone has any experience? :smile:

Tata, what do you think about Lanvin Happy bag? I am interested in it, especially because of the Alber Elbaz departure and more practically the different way I cN use the chain and the backpocket. My phone will be safe there, I think. I got traumatized after my phone was stolen...

I read somewhere that you had problem with yours (and saw your pic with it with the hot red maryjanes!), but not sure that you bought another one? So sad about your ring, though....

Jinadaze, it's a very interesting looking top.

Yes, I bought another one last year (also pinned) and haven't had any trouble with the closure this time. I love it, and the leather is absolutely gorgeous. Mostly I carry it with the chain doubled, but if I need everything free, I put it on my shoulder. I keep little things in the zipped pocket ... if you like I can check how a phone fits there (but maybe you have already). What kind do you have?

You might also want to look at the little pouches for inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->