The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wear belts at all anymore, but have you looked at Ralph Lauren? I believe I have one from back in the day that I really liked.

I think that mixing different styles is what makes your style personal. And I could easily see a plaid shirt, a denimjacket or a crop top fit in your wardrobe, Trenchcoat. The good thing about having the basics (simple jeans, basic tops, etc.), is that you can change your look instantly by adding just 1 new piece.

I agree with Betinapple, mixing styles makes it personal. There is no reason to stick with one style, people change style evolves. And both denim jackets and plaid shirts are classics as well in my opinion.

Now the weather is slowly getting warmer I can start to wear my denim jacket (MMM x H&M) again, I'm really looking forward to that . :smile: My wardrobe still seems to be in a good place, one of the main thing to do is some maintenance. One of my sweaters that isn't machine washable is stained so needs to go to the dry cleaner and I have two shirts that need to have their buttons replaced (both of them miss only 1 button, but I doubt I'll be able to find the exact one).

I have found some options for my S/S wishlist. I pinned some sneakers that I consider (if I feel like replacing the current ones) and shorts from Acne that I want to try. At the moment I feel like shaking up the silhouette a bit, I'm gravitating to looser shapes. I always prefered those, glad they are coming back! ^_^

eizhowa I pinned some belts I liked and though you might like as well.

Oh, and talking about wardrobe craving phases, I wouldn't mind adding these sunglasses to my wardrobe. I blame the seventies revival that is going on (and American Hustle, who started it imo :innocent:).

41aSbxqWBrL.jpg

shadebox.co.uk

Oh, and talking about wardrobe craving phases, I wouldn't mind adding these sunglasses to my wardrobe. I blame the seventies revival that is going on (and American Hustle, who started it imo :innocent:).

41aSbxqWBrL.jpg

shadebox.co.uk

As long as you don't go all Christian Bale on us :wink:

I agree with you in regards of plaids shirts and denim jackets - definetly classics as well!

They are, unfortunately they are also unnecessary since I already have 3 pairs of sunglasses.. :ninja:

Fashionista-ta: I felt sure you would say that you didn't own belts:wink: I looked at RL last year, and I think they were the closest to what I wanted. Maybe this year they will have a belt that is spot on what I need:smile:

Thank you for the recommendations, Fewormany! I really appreciate them. However, none of them were just rignt this time either. The tan one was the nicest, but it is too pale for me. I just noticed it was RL as well! RL might be the brand for me... The propoertions are really good.

--

Spring is finally comming to my town:smile: I looked briefly at my wardrobe, and I realized that I have more S/S clothes than F/W clothes, yet I am more happy with my winter wardrobe (and winter is longer than summer...). I will try to sort out my SS pieces in the next few days. I am sure some of the stuff needs to go... My white blazer is looking quite sad after two years...

Pomandere blazer

I had a look at my wardrobe... And my new black blazer is not working... It attracs so much dust and is now covered in cat hair! I used a sticky roller, but I couldn't get all the hair out... It remains a great F/W blazer, but unlayered in spring sunlight it does not look good enough... My White blazer has died as well, so I need something to use with my S/S wardrobe. Without a blazer, I have no S/S caosule wardrobe. That stresses me out to no end.

I found this on Yoox and ordered it today:

2lt5xdw.jpg
aa7uhz.jpg

//Yoox

If it doesn't go with my hair, I'll just get highlights. Or cut it all off. I am having a bad hair week:(

Looks like a nice one, eizhowa. Really like shawl collars. I'm sure it will go with your hair :wink:

Trenchcoat I think its fine to mix and match styles. Thats what makes it your style. Also you dont want to wear the same thing forever.

I have been quite absent from this thead for the last few years because I really havent been doing too well on the whole 4-5 items thing. But in the last 4 years i've had 2 babies and gone from being a professional to a stay at home mum so I have actually had quite the style/wardrobe evolution. I don't really need to purchase anything as I have been accumulating all my essential wardrobe items such as great tees, jeans, dresses, jackets, boots etc. However now that im back to my pre-baby weight i have been selling and giving away a lot of clothes.I need to clear the clutter and clothing that no longer suits me and my lifestyle.

My new challenge will be that our little family is going to move from Australia to France for at least 6 months in the middle of the year. I am planning on only packing around 30 items. These items will have to see me through from summer to winter. I will buy a few items over there as I love buying clothes when I travel. But it will be hard living with so few choices. I am a girl that loves having a variety of clothing options. Any advice on living out of a suitcase for 6 months would be greatly appreciated.

^ I'm not someone who minds having few options, as long as I love them ...

There are several blogs on this topic, maybe you'd find one of them inspiring?

If you like scarves, maybe that would be an option ... or maybe you could thrift a few things when you get there? Not sure if you like to do that anymore, or what French thrifting is like :smile:

I think most people actually use (not own, mind you) less than 30 items. I wore only 6 items for a month. I was fine with that.

I would make a capsule on Polyvore. That way you can see which colors go together and if you have too many of one item or not enough of another. I love making capsules in Polyvore personally:smile:

I would make a list of stuff to buy there as well. I have never been to Australia, but I imagine you might have to buy a new winter coat when fall arrives in Paris... So there would be no need for packing thin coats etc.

I think living in France for 6+ months sounds so exciting! Lucky you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ta-ta im not really into thrifting that much any more. I definately will have to get a nice scarf though. Maybe one of ACNE ones that everyone on here has been talking about.

Eizhowa I will definitly have to buy a winter coat once i get over there. I actually live in a part of Australia that gets quite cold, but i dont have a coat for European winter. I wear many more than 30 items in a month. Ive been using the "Stylebook" app to keep track of my wardrobe and see what i wear the most. in the last 3 months i have worn 170 different items... and thats not everything i own... however once summer is well and truly over i will definitly be doing quite a big cull of what i dont really need

Think of it as an adventure in minimalism :wink:

Maybe you can buy an item each month you're there. And I agree ... 6 months in France sounds fabulous!!

My blouse arrived yesterday ... it is actually petrol blue, which makes more sense. It was also so wrinkled that it's almost impossible to see how it really should drape at the neckline. I am taking it on faith that Alber has not made a dud, and am keeping it. Can't wear it without sending it to the cleaners first.

I said this last time I got a new Lanvin piece ... the construction is unlike anything I've ever seen. I don't think he gets nearly enough credit for innovation. Inside is an interior belt that I think is for draping and fit, especially in the back, but I'm not sure I fully understand its purpose. It would help to have a 3-way mirror at home! The belt hooks at the side. Between the side ruffles there's a black origami bow, which is a nice, almost-secret detail. (I saw a reference to it in the description, but it couldn't be seen in any of the pix.) The fabric looks filmy in the pictures, but is actually quite substantial. It's viscose, and definitely doesn't look like silk.

It does fit well, and I believe it will need to be worn with something narrow on the bottom. Tried it on with my black pencil skirt, and I thought it looked good with that.

^You'd think they could find a way to package it that wouldn't wrinkle it so badly! When I recieved my Chanel flats they were packed completely flat (like pancakes!) and I wanted to send a message to the seller telling her that that was no way to package Chanel! I look forward to hearing about the fit after it has been dry cleaned:smile: Would it be impossible to steam it wrinkle free in the shower/bathroom? I don't know just how badly it is wrinkled.

misstarshine: :shock::shock::shock: Thats probably more than I have worn the past 3 years! I agree with Fashionista-ta, see it as an experiment in minimalism:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I am actually looking forward to the challenge of becoming a minamalist. I love reading about everyone that wears a capsule wardrobe so this is my chance as I know in real life I just never could do it. Buying 1 item for every month i'm away is a fabulous idea. I know I will get there and be inspired by all the fabulous street style and just want to update what I have

One downside of Yoox is they just don't seem to care about condition. When I returned something that was damaged, they just posted it back up again. It may be that someone ordered this, balled it up on the floor, and then returned it. I think it was wrinkled when they sent it to me.

Too bad about the shaped it arrived in tata, but the blouse sounds wonderful (especially in petrol).

I have found a great deal online for a Dries van Noten cardigan and t-shirt (both preloved as they stated, what a nice way to say secondhand :lol:) that I just couldn't pass up. It will be my first second hand purchase, but most of all my first Dries. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->