The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

Thread Manager

Retired
Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]264355[/split]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Eizhowa: thx! I will look for it.

I tried on the Deyissa boots a few weeks ago in my hunt for my next pair of perfect boots. Something about them wasn't right for me (I think I was wearing a dress and they didn't really work well with that, and that is a must for be, but not for you, I recall). There were really nice though.

Where is those pants from?

Fashionista-ta I have become such a rebel when it comes to color!:lol:

The leather seam that runs up the back of the shoe got a hole in it when I wore down the sole... Now it is practically worn off. My cobler does not have patent leather to replace it :/ I still have my plain leather porsellis though.

Betina: I definitely wont be wearing them with dresses, no. I am not 100% sold on the shape of the heel (it looks odd at certain angles) but I will look for something similar at least.

The jeans are the j brand selena jeans that I own in corduroy. I think these are a dark navy denim. I would prefer plain black but I haven't found any.

Fashionista-ta I have become such a rebel when it comes to color!:lol:

The leather seam that runs up the back of the shoe got a hole in it when I wore down the sole... Now it is practically worn off. My cobler does not have patent leather to replace it :/ I still have my plain leather porsellis though.

Betina: I definitely wont be wearing them with dresses, no. I am not 100% sold on the shape of the heel (it looks odd at certain angles) but I will look for something similar at least.

The jeans are the j brand selena jeans that I own in corduroy. I think these are a dark navy denim. I would prefer plain black but I haven't found any.

I aggree. Let me know if you find something similar. I would like something in that kind of shape, but if that cannot be found, I think I will go for a pair of ACNE pistols again.

Ah, I see. I wish they would make them in black as well.

I need to start thinking about my spring/summer wardrobe (greetings from the southern hemisphere), and I'm gobsmacked that the hot seasons are rolling around again. Mostly I'm sad, because winter is where I thrive :lol:

All I know that I want/need to get this year is a white outfit to wear to a dance music festival, where the dress code is all white. As a true blue Scorpio, this is horrifying for me. I have never worn white, and I am likely never to wear whatever it is I purchase again. Should I just go for something cheap and cheerful that I can toss/donate once the festival is over? Or should I invest in something and maybe grow to love wearing white? Decisions, decisions.

I need to start thinking about my spring/summer wardrobe (greetings from the southern hemisphere), and I'm gobsmacked that the hot seasons are rolling around again. Mostly I'm sad, because winter is where I thrive :lol:

All I know that I want/need to get this year is a white outfit to wear to a dance music festival, where the dress code is all white. As a true blue Scorpio, this is horrifying for me. I have never worn white, and I am likely never to wear whatever it is I purchase again. Should I just go for something cheap and cheerful that I can toss/donate once the festival is over? Or should I invest in something and maybe grow to love wearing white? Decisions, decisions.

Can you borrow some white occationwear? Borrowing occationwear from friends/relatives (with good taste) is not done enough in my opinion.

Betina, Selfridges are selling a black pair of the J brand Selena jeans this season, not just the dark blue.

I am planning on travelling to London (yay) in December so I hope to try them on then, assuming no store near me will stock them.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many lovely white things for summer ... but you could always dye it after. Eyelet is pretty in both black and white. If I were 'forced' to buy something white--which I normally avoid because it seems to attract spills, and is also pretty transparent--I would just go for it.

eizhowa, let me take a picture for you of the mend the cobbler did on my navy ballerinas. Granted, it's regular leather, not patent. I was very skeptical when he said he could patch it, but quite happy with how it turned out. If you think this kind of repair could be viable, you could buy something black patent 2nd hand so that your cobbler would have the leather :wink: Like a belt or something.

Well, I just looked at the shoe, and the mend is no longer clear because wear has occurred since. But basically, it happened not because the heel was worn down, but because the leather was getting rubbed and worn because of how the shoes molded to my feet. What he did was, he kind of patched from the inside. The new leather went inside the hole, and then he stitched around it with tiny little stitches by hand ... he did a great job.

I don't think my cobbler is that great at doing unusual repairs to be honest. I could make a call, but I am not hopefull. We only have ONE cobler in town so he doesn't really have to be good at doing different types of leather in order to get enough work.

Another thing I want to get done this fall is to do some small repairs on my Balenciaga City bag. It is 8 years old now (I have owned it for half that time) and it shows. The color has changed from black to a lovely aged anthracite, but apart from that the wear and tear is not so good looking.

I have already just cut all the rope of the bag handles. Pretty easy job seeing as they had disintegrated for the most part...:innocent: Those I will replace. Possibly tomorrow. I was toying with the idea of using colored rope, but I think a plain black will be the easiest. It will also make it least noticable that I did the work myself:angel:

I am also intending to paint (with appropriate products) the edges of the bag where there are fraying threads. White fraying on a black/grey bag is not the best look... I have cut of the fraying threads, but unless treated they will just return.

Betina, you died a leather jacket I think? What products did you use? I don't really want to dye my entire bag (I like the anthracite color it has turned into), but the handles and tassels on my bag could need a soft deepening of color.

...Can you guys tell it is raining in Norway? Rain makes me so productive. :P

Thx for the service announcement, Eizhowa. And sounds great with a London trip :flower:

TBH I cannot remember which product I used, but also, the result was nowhere close to good, so I am not sure I am much help.

My cobbler thinks he can do something to patch up my Porsellis!:bounce:

So... Everyone having fun on their vacations? It is so quiet in here!

^ Good news :wink:

My new chair will be delivered next week, and I'm saving for my next vacation, so no shopping on the agenda.

Last night I finished cleaning out/rearranging my closet shelf. Now it's just all of my bags in their dustbags, lavender sachets, and a stack of cloth dustbags/shoe bags/etc. I also have my alpaca headband up there where it can be nice and close to the sachets (no moths!).

That's great with the porselli's, Eizhowa!

Quiet times here as well. I've been busy at work after my vacation and have just been away for a few days.

Still debating whether to keep the Levi's. They are on the tight side - not uncomfortably tight, but tight. The next size up is too big. I cannot determine whether they can be broken in.

I don't really have anything else on the horizon shopping wise at the moment. To be honest I am not too impressed by the AW collections this year. It has just been fashion week in Copenhagen, and the SS18 collections looks good, so I might as well lay low for fall and save my money for the spring collections instead.

Heavenly news eizhowa!

I'm waiting for the fall winter pieces to pop up, also waiting for my trip to Paris this fall.
I tried a bodysuit with turtleneck, because most tops are too short or jeans to low and so there is a gap in between. :wacko: But I don't like it, it's too smooth aka plastic surgery :lol:, I like a bit of wrinkle/casualness. So hunting for a somewhat fitted turtleneck with a long(er) body.

^ Maybe you could find someone to knit custom for you ... a yarn shop might be able to make a recommendation.

^Good idea, but I'd rather have a very fine knit fitted turtleneck sweater and unfortunately that can't be done by hand I think. I hope Rick will have a nice one in the near future, because his bodies are usually rather long.

I've been a bit quite as well lately. I have done some sale shopping, i got:

• white linnen collarless shirt
  • High top grey nubuck sneakers (monogrey, including sole)
  • loose fitting cropped trousers in navy and in olive
  • replacement for my Rivieras that had a hole in them after a few years
  • two t-shirt and a short sleeved denim shirt

For the first time in my life I've grown out of some trousers (considering my frame not such a bad thing) so I suddenly need to replace about half my bottoms because they don't fit anymore, on the plus side I'm able to wear the other half without a belt. I ordered a pair of new jeans and a pair of green chinos on you, one size up form what I use(d) to wear so hopefully those will fit. While searching for the chinos (I really like the fit of Acne, and have had lots of wear out of the pairs I already own) I came across a version of the Canada scarf I already own in grey and love but in white tartan that I couldn't pass.

Nymphea Rick Owens seems like a goof place to look, it's the first brand that came in mind with your description. I like the idea of a really thin long turtleneck.

eizhowa Hopefully the cobbler will live up to your standards. :wink:

fashionista-ta What kind of chair have you bought?

Betinapple Usually jeans stretch a bit, but not that much in my experience. Plus evert time you wash it it will be tight(er) again, so you'll have to be willing commit to that. :wink:

^ You've been very busy :wink:

This is my Thos. Moser chaise ... I think I mentioned back when I ordered? It will be tiger maple with purple leather. I'll take a picture when it arrives ...

Ah the therapy lounge chair, now I remember. :wink: Curious what it will look like irl, so looking forward to the picture. :flower:

And I was a bit surprised when summing everything up as well, it was/is a bit more then intended (and I didn't even include the custom suit I had made when on vacation :ninja:). The sale is my main shopping period and that combined with needing some replacements leads to this... :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->