The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have just cleared out my friends wardrobes only because it does not feel socially acceptable to ask to get to rummage around in their attics and throw out their junk:cool:

I don't know if you watch The Big Bang Theory, but I really identify with Sheldon in this clip:

Back on topic, who was the girl wearing that gorgeous outfit?

:lol: well I love tidyness as much as the next girl, but I am mostly happy about the after part - not the process :wink:

It was Danish blogger Emily Salomon.

:lol: well I love tidyness as much as the next girl, but I am mostly happy about the after part - not the process :wink:

It was Danish blogger Emily Salomon.

Her outfit really was nice. It looks like she ordered a size or two up because there was a lot of room in the back. Would you do the same? I like it best when they are more fitted at the waist, but that makes them harder to layer perhaps?

Her outfit really was nice. It looks like she ordered a size or two up because there was a lot of room in the back. Would you do the same? I like it best when they are more fitted at the waist, but that makes them harder to layer perhaps?

Valid point - I actually did not see her outfit post before now, but you are right. I do want it more fitted, I like the look of that better. But I need to be able to wear something underneath, since I am not really living a life where I can wear a low cut tie front blouse with nothing underneath. I am thinking I will only wear things like tight-fitting tops and silk camis (or cami dresses) under it, so I suppose my regular size should be fine? I would wear it open if layered over a dress

^or you could just not tie the blouse tightly. So it should still work.

I used to clean out people's drawers when I was little :wink: I have a friend who totally needs my help with her whole house, but I'm not sure I want to wade into such a hot mess ... I did give her a tour of all my organizing systems at my house :wink:

As for the shopping challenge ... are you looking at buying a 2nd star dress just because it was what you really wanted in the first place?

I think you should go for the ivory print top.

I used to clean out people's drawers when I was little :wink: I have a friend who totally needs my help with her whole house, but I'm not sure I want to wade into such a hot mess ... I did give her a tour of all my organizing systems at my house :wink:

As for the shopping challenge ... are you looking at buying a 2nd star dress just because it was what you really wanted in the first place?

I think you should go for the ivory print top.

The biggest problem with clearing out other peoples junk is that other people can't see that their stuff is junk. Thats my opinion anyway.

^ I award that observation either a navy blue or an ivory star :wink:

I basically never need to clean out my closet because I bring so little in to start with. Lately I've been wearing out as many pieces as I've been buying, I think ...

Well, I do somewhat like organizing as well, but not to an extent where I would do it for other people :wink: I don't really have any trouble keeping my clothes organized, it is the little knick knacks - magazines, birthday cards etc. that has been flooding my home. Over the course of the past few days we have gone through both those, dvd's and cd's (pretty much all are going out), books (I have pretty much only my books for uni, since I prefer to borrow books at the library to avoid clutter), kitchen appliances. A lot is going out. And I am definetely going to be more mindful of what I bring into the house.

@Ta-ta: I can see that my favourite items are things I have wanted for a long time, and that I rarely become truly happy about items that were "second best". That, and the fact that I am not that into black on black anymore, is why I prefer the navy over the black. But it would mean that I would probably have to retire the other dress (which is a polyester dress from Topshop), and that feels a bit silly. I can see that they are quite popular on ebay though, so someone else might be able to give it a nice home.

I am really gravitating towards the ivory top - I'll just have to be anxious then :wink: it should be back in stock in a few days. I might just get the top and then see how I like the quality of the fabric before getting the dress (if I am getting the dress).

Last edited by a moderator:
^I spilled grease and chocolate on my rust silk dress, threw some "Nylonvask" on it and the spot went away :smile: As long as you have something like that you should be fine. Although I always had a panic attack when I spilled regardless!

Betina, I might be very late on this one, but I wear 32'' lenght jeans and once I bought a pair of 34'' skinny jeans (and once something that looked ridiculously longer than that) and... I think it looks funky. Especially when the jeans have some sort of "wear pattern" to them, as in, they're not 100% indigo or black, but have some pre-wear fading, you know? I remember having the faded knee area in my shins... a bit of a weird look imo. Buying jeans is tricky enough as it is without having to hem them that much.

I'd never seen that top before, but it looks like a lovely cut. I especially like the navy with the smaller print (probably because it looks polka dot-y in a way), but if you fell for the ivory, go for the ivory!

Speaking of cleaning closets... I have cleaned mine a couple of weeks ago and I found this pair of jeans that I'm 100% sure weren't mine because they're Mango and I never bought Mango jeans because I once tried on a pair and they fit awfully :lol: I'm thinking they were my mum's... they're brand new!

I'm also currently fully wearing out a pair of jeans I bought in 2010 that fit me again :smile:

I bought a couple of things in these sales. Some highlights: a Zara coat, a pair of red shoes, a silver skirt and a silver dress.

1c5e43743b823d0d5a50c7aae8aa4468.jpg
a5fbd915d0364ea2a2855288e32952a6.jpg

asos, zara

61059051_PL_B.jpg
63070397_PL_D1.jpg

mango

When I was 12 I wore a sheath overlay silver dress to a wedding and have been wanting a new silver dress ever since :smile:

And also... I got a new pair of jeans, because I'm two sizes down! :D

964aa15cb7be784f1e5f06d15edd06c5.jpg

cheapmonday

I should say that I never buy jeans with a 'wear pattern' ... :wink: I don't buy skinny jeans either, but I do buy boot cut, and I guess perhaps boyfriend cut.

^ Yes, that should make a difference when hemming jeans! But when buying grey jeans for example, or even those I posted above - the fading is very slight, but I think it would look signnificant if "misplaced"...

@Eizhowa: I have never heard of that product, but it sounds like I need to get some of that! How do you wash silk? TBH, I have never dared to, and therefore always take my silk items to get dry cleaned.

@Barbaraa: thank you for your input. Luckily it solved itself, since ASOS, who had them cheaper, only stocked down until size 25, and appearently I need a 24, so I just got them at Zalando, where they had a 30 length. No 28, but looking at the pictures of the 26/28 on me they look a bit on the short side, and I don't think I want a cropped pant - full length seems more classic long term. Such gorgeous purchases you've made. I especially like the coat and the shoes - perfect for adding some interest to an outfit. And awesome with your jeans - that is just such a great feeling.

Still haven't decided on the top (very typical me). I know it will be the black or the ivory, and I want the latter but feel like the black one is still the more sensible choice. Oh well, I will figure it out at some point.

@Eizhowa: I have never heard of that product, but it sounds like I need to get some of that! How do you wash silk? TBH, I have never dared to, and therefore always take my silk items to get dry cleaned.

@Barbaraa: thank you for your input. Luckily it solved itself, since ASOS, who had them cheaper, only stocked down until size 25, and appearently I need a 24, so I just got them at Zalando, where they had a 30 length. No 28, but looking at the pictures of the 26/28 on me they look a bit on the short side, and I don't think I want a cropped pant - full length seems more classic long term. Such gorgeous purchases you've made. I especially like the coat and the shoes - perfect for adding some interest to an outfit. And awesome with your jeans - that is just such a great feeling.

Still haven't decided on the top (very typical me). I know it will be the black or the ivory, and I want the latter but feel like the black one is still the more sensible choice. Oh well, I will figure it out at some point.

I wash silk with Milo for silk (don't know if you have Milo, but it is a wool&silk detergent). Nylonvask for spot removing. Cold water in the machine, gentle cycle, in a washing bag.

Nylonvask can also be used to wash your car... It says so on the tin. It is well known in norway for being a "miracle cure" for stains.

I prefer the ivory one, Betina.

I wash silk with Milo for silk (don't know if you have Milo, but it is a wool&silk detergent). Nylonvask for spot removing. Cold water in the machine, gentle cycle, in a washing bag.

Nylonvask can also be used to wash your car... It says so on the tin. It is well known in norway for being a "miracle cure" for stains.

I prefer the ivory one, Betina.

Thank you - I will give that a shot. If I can't get nylonvask in Denmark I can fetch something when I go to Oslo. Probably the weirdest souvenir I will ever get, but handy non the least :wink:

Thank you - I will give that a shot. If I can't get nylonvask in Denmark I can fetch something when I go to Oslo. Probably the weirdest souvenir I will ever get, but handy non the least :wink:

You will find it in regular grocery shops, next to the wasing supplies :wink:

Barbaraa: It feels so great when you can tick items you have wanted for a long time (like your silver dress) off the list! I really like printed coats like the one you got. That length is so flattering as well. I wear a 28" length in jeans:innocent: All you normies who wears the standard size makes me feel so short:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fall 2017

Update from Norway: It is October in August. Why not, said the weather gods...-_- It hailed kittens the other day.

And seeing as fall is well underway, I have started planning my fall wardrobe. I so sensible. Not like you nutters who plan your fall wardrobe in early spring:cool:

My wishlist as of now looks like this:

- Winter boots, black and sleek design, possibly these Deyissa boots from Isabel Marant Etoile. I could possibly do without and use my dicker boots. Or just wear sneakers when ballet flats don't work (ie. when it is snowing). In that case I need sneakers.

- Jeans with a straight-ish leg. Must go with the boots.

- Cashmere scarf from Close To My Heart in brown melange. Must. Have. This. Scarf. Now. (IT IS GREY AND BROWN! * cries a bit *)

- Porselli flats in black patent leather. There is a 6 month waiting list :smile:ninja:smile: and I need to order them now in order to get them in the spring... I forgot to resole the ones I had and ruined them before I noticed how badly they needed resoling:cry: (And when I say "forget" I mean suppressed because I could not bear the thought of being seperated from my patent Porsellis for 3 weeks while they were being resoled.)

- Possibly a camel crew neck jumper. Possibly.

And I would like to see if I can alter the shoulders of my Isabel Marant coat. I would like them less structured. So I will probably have to save a small fortune to pay for that.

287iskm.png

SSense/Net-a-porter/vakrevene/apc.fr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"