The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh.. COS. Everytime I look on the website I see pretty things but when I go to the store I can't find anything. I think I will buy the navy and olive jumper from Massimo Dutti (combo of mulberry silk and cotton).

Trenchcoat You could try to order it online? (I know it's not optimal, but some thing are worth taking the risk of ordering the wrong size and having to return it :wink:)

On dirtproof clothing, I work with kids so my clothing sometimes has things like glitter (someone once mentioned glitter is the herpes of arts and craft supplies, once you've got it it won't go away. So true :lol:), paint or other random stuff. I own a few items that can't go in the washing machine (should have checked the label..), but it rarely happens that something stains permanently.

I had the feeling that I was losing the basis of the 5 piece french wardrobe idea. Thats why I've made a collage again with the perfect basic (colour) items collage. I started last year with buying the basic items first and then buying the special items. My basic wardrobe is still not complete. I will concentrate on that now. In the meantime I've bought some special designer items and I'm really happy with that!

CALYPSOSTBARTH.COM/TOPSHOP.COM/VESTIAIREDECOPINES.COM/LAGARCONNE.COM/0FARFETCH.COM/MATCHESFASHION.COM/LAGARCONNE.COM/VESTIAIREDECOPINES.COM/APC.FR/ZARA.COM/FARFETCH.COM/COUTURE.ZAPPOS.COM/LAGARCONNE.COM/ELLE.COM/FRONTROWBEAUTY.COM/COSSTORES.COM/COSSTORES.COM/COSSTORES.COM/LAGARCONNE.COM/LAGARCONNE.COM/LAGARCONNE.COM/CHANEL.COM

@Nymphaea: shouldn't we see that shirt? The peplum tee I bought from Nelly is 100% cotton, but I am not sure that is what you are looking for? I think Samsøe Samsøe has some as well.

@Muted: welcome! That is such a chic capsule wardrobe! Where did you find the tees?

In regards og getting dirty, I just stained that white tanktop for the 2nd time and the stain wont come of :rolleyes: I think I am done buying white..

Me and my boyfriend just ordered a vacaction to Venice yesterday - yay! We will be staying at a spa resort in Veneto and after that we will stay in Venice for a few days. Before that I am going to Berlin for a week with my mother.

I know what to pack for Berlin - actually I made a capsule wardrobe; simple clothes that are practical - and not too many of them, so I have space in my suitcase for whatever I might purchase when in the city.

I am slightly more lost for the Venice trip since it is three year since I was on that kind of holiday. I am thinking I will pack some light summerdresses, sandals, all my bikinis, a skirt or two and some basic tops. I might need to purchase a beach cover up for the pool and a pair of flipflops. What would you pack if you were taking that kind of vacation?

Hey! Just got back from Rome a few hours ago.
It's hot hot hot hot, and humid (38 degrees sometimes). Even leather sandals with minimal straps were too hot. I pack minimally, went a week with only two maxi skirts and a bunch of loose tees, tanks and cotton tops, and one cardi. (I packed more but didn't wear them since it was too hot). I am jealous of you, I'd go back to Italy in a heartbeat. Have fun and don't forget to drink lots of Aperol Spritz! :heart:

And can someone help me with finding this shirt? Where can I buy this one:

If you're still looking for a striped shirt like that I've just seen similar ones from Ralph Lauren and from Morris. :flower: Otherwise maybe Uniqlo, I have a blue and white striped from there but it's more tailored.

If you're still looking for a striped shirt like that I've just seen similar ones from Ralph Lauren and from Morris. :flower: Otherwise maybe Uniqlo, I have a blue and white striped from there but it's more tailored.

Thank you. Im so disappointed in Mango, HM and zara. I used to buy my clothes there. But I've sent everything back that I have bought from there in the last couple of months. Now I do a lot of vintageshopping for designerbrands. And I still think COS has good quality clothes.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but do you guys know of any brands that cut their shirts and jackets small across the shoulders and back? I have quite narrow shoulders and a very narrow back and find it so hard to find well fitting tops. Even the smallest sizes often look slouchy on me. Petite sizes often fit well, except for being waaay too short in the torso. :rolleyes: H&M, Mango and other high street brands usually have small enough sizes overall, but if the shoulders fit they are often too tight across the chest (though I am quite an average B-cup)

I've had good luck at Uniqlo for shirts, but I would love to find some other go-to brands if possible. :flower:

I still havent find the perfect tee (cotton). I like the fitting of the COS tees but they are viscose. And viscose can be very sweaty in summer. Is anyone familiar with the Petite Bateau tee's. I've read a lot of good things about them. And I've heard of the brand James Perse. Who can tell me more haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caramel: What is your shoulder width? I measure about 13,5" from shoulder bone to shoulder bone (that probably isn't the proper anatomical name, but whatever). I am a 32D, and most high street brands in the size 34 fit me across the shoulder.

Trenchcoat: It is odd how people react differently to the same materials. I can't wear cotton more than one time before they need to be washed, due to increased perspiration (can you be cotton-intolerant?), but viscose keeps me cool. I think EvaH was very pleased with her James Perse tees, and I know they have a LOT on the outnet as a nice discount.

I have to make a deal with myself. The only reason that I wanted to start a 5 piece wardrobe was to have a basic wardrobe and dont pay for seasonal trends. I have spent to much on special items (im happy with them though) but the most important thing is the good basics. This is my list:

1. Leather jacket
2. White tee
3. Off-white silk shirt
4. Vertical striped shirt
5. Wash skinny
6. Black tight skinny
7. Cami
8. Navy jumper/cardigan
9. Leather shoulder bag
10. Grey jumper
11. Tan ballerinas

Caramel: What is your shoulder width? I measure about 13,5" from shoulder bone to shoulder bone (that probably isn't the proper anatomical name, but whatever). I am a 32D, and most high street brands in the size 34 fit me across the shoulder.

I am about 13,5" across the shoulders as well, but perhaps different shape and posture has something to do with it too? High street brands aren't too bad, I guess they often make their sizes small to accommodate very young girls, but mid- to high end brands I find more difficult.

^That is true! *goes to mirror to analyse shoulder shape*

High end brands tend to make clothes for very tall people too (with proportionally wider shoulders...), and I find that petite sizes fit better, despite being 5-5.... They are usually larger in sizes too, so a 34 high end brand could be overall bigger, including the shoulder:( It is a tough one.

Trenchcoat: Sounds like a very focused list:flower: Btw, I will have a look at the Jamie jeans when I go to London next month:smile:

^That is true! *goes to mirror to analyse shoulder shape*

:lol:

I have bad posture too, though, I think that contributes a fair bit to it. When I was a kid my mother used to always remind me to stand up straight (like mothers do I suppose), and I straightened up and straightened up until one day I almost fell backwards. :lol: To this day I still have my shoulders pulled back way too far, which, combined with a very narrow back always leaves way too much fabric in the back of my tops. Perhaps practicing a slouchier posture would be easier than finding clothes that fit? :P

I haven't tried petite sizes from high end brands, but that might work better. :flower:

I have only found petite sizes when shopping at J crew or vintage. People were shorter before, so the clothes are often naturally "petite".

It is great for you that you have such a great posture! My mother told me to straighten up to. I never listened:innocent: If I look straight ahead, how would I see where I was going? And I would never have found and picked up all those coins on the ground:mrgreen: You know the saing; If I had a penny for everytime I slouched - Oh wait! I do!-_-

^^ ahah, cute! :smile:

Latest additions in my bye-bye black campaign, inspired by all the colors in Rome: a pair of super-comfy red Camper platform sandals, a whispiest silk chiffon maxi skirt in olive green, and two pairs of beautiful brass earrings I got from an Italian artisan in his workshop. I even got dark olive green smokey eye shadow and shimmery sage eye shadow, which is a revolution for me...I never wear eyeshadow, I've been a daily black liquid cat-eye person for 2.5 decades!! Something is happening to me, lol.

camper.com

Attachments

• 21923-005_L.jpg
    21923-005_L.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
I have only found petite sizes when shopping at J crew or vintage. People were shorter before, so the clothes are often naturally "petite".

It is great for you that you have such a great posture! My mother told me to straighten up to. I never listened:innocent: If I look straight ahead, how would I see where I was going? And I would never have found and picked up all those coins on the ground:mrgreen: You know the saing; If I had a penny for everytime I slouched - Oh wait! I do!-_-

Haha! :lol: :mrgreen:

Well, my mother is happy with my posture, but apparently there is such a thing as too good posture, and it's even worse for your back than a bad posture, or so I've been told by a pilates teacher. But at least I look a little taller. :P

but apparently there is such a thing as too good posture, and it's even worse for your back than a bad posture

Yeah, I tend to have that too. Work hard to remedy it. Not that it's too "good" of course, but the back is too concave.

In a group picture recently, I looked so odd ... like I was overcompensating with my posture. It was totally unconscious, but I think it's because another woman in the group slumps. Makes me nuts to see it, I think because to me it signifies low self esteem.

I always blew off my mother's nagging, but I have pretty decent posture. I never did take the advice to pull in my stomach ... turns out that's bad for you. It may look better, but I need all the relaxation I can get.

I haven't bought anything in months (anything relevant to this thread I mean!), but still thinking about denim trousers, plus I must have a bottle of Fresh Life. Planning to treat myself for my birthday.

Yeah, I tend to have that too. Work hard to remedy it. Not that it's too "good" of course, but the back is too concave.

Exactly!

I haven't bought much this summer either, though I did finally find a white cotton eyelet shirt to replace the vintage one that I've worn to death over the last few summers. This new one is from H&M but seems quite well made, and is a more structured sleeveless button down, which I think keeps the eyelet from becoming too cute.

I also thrifted an oversized thin cotton button down shirt to wear as a beach cover-up. With the bikinis I bought last month I think I have my beachwear sorted for the first time in years. Now I just need to book a holiday to somewhere warm. :P

I complained about my summer wardrobe some posts back, but I am finding that it works well as long as it stays cool enough to wear pants. What I need is a summer dress or two for the really hot days, but I can't seem to find anything that speaks to me. I look best in feminine styles with a defined waist, but I don't want anything too girly and cute...something simple and relaxed but elegant preferably...any ideas for what I could look for??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->