The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fewormany: I would never keep away from buying an item just because I saw it everywhere, neither. I have several things that was very "it" when I bought them, and it has never bothered me since they fit my style perfectly.

Btw. those shorts are so cool!

@Melisande: remember to show us picks :flower:

@Eizhowa: I think I would feel the same, if my style hasn't changed significantly. I probably will find it easier to stick to fewer items when I have my new basics covered. I never wore basic tops before(tees, tanktops) but now I do almost every day - so I had some gaps to be filled.
The uniqlo sweaters looks so great! I will have to check them out when I go to Berlin. What do they cost?

I have noticed lately, that the perks from letting loose a little and buying more items, and therefore a few bolder pieces as well, since I do not have to save my purchases for things I know I will own forever, is that I tend to be a little more bold in my combinations, and therefore do not feel so bored as I used to.

Today I am wearing black jeans, the kimono, my slipons and ... a crop top. Feels good to experiment a little.

Betina: How would you describe your style change? You have mentioned it before, but I was thinking maybe you had made even more progress in finding your current look. I have been moving from being kind of "out there" when I was 17 to a sort of "bland" - in a good way (I think) - look today. I don't think I own any "statement" pieces at all today:innocent: * thinking * Although grey on grey on grey is a statement in its own way:wink: I was always a hipster at heart I think, and when everyone started dressing very eclectic around 2007 or so, I think it made me want to dress more and more "ordinary" to be different. I have also noticed that I wear less dresses and feminine blouses than I did before. I am not sure how much of it is because I am changing or due to fashion changing:/

And regarding you being as Danish as can be (in my mind), your style, "Scandinavian chic" as you mention, is more like "Denmark chic", in reality. Denmark is far ahead of the rest of Scandinavia, especially Norway, when it comes to style:wink: I think that is why I am more easily influenced by the whole "Parisian chic" idea, because we have a very limited national style identity.

I'll stop talking now or I never will:lol:

Betina: How would you describe your style change? You have mentioned it before, but I was thinking maybe you had made even more progress in finding your current look. I have been moving from being kind of "out there" when I was 17 to a sort of "bland" - in a good way (I think) - look today. I don't think I own any "statement" pieces at all today:innocent: * thinking * Although grey on grey on grey is a statement in its own way:wink: I was always a hipster at heart I think, and when everyone started dressing very eclectic around 2007 or so, I think it made me want to dress more and more "ordinary" to be different. I have also noticed that I wear less dresses and feminine blouses than I did before. I am not sure how much of it is because I am changing or due to fashion changing:/

And regarding you being as Danish as can be (in my mind), your style, "Scandinavian chic" as you mention, is more like "Denmark chic", in reality. Denmark is far ahead of the rest of Scandinavia, especially Norway, when it comes to style:wink: I think that is why I am more easily influenced by the whole "Parisian chic" idea, because we have a very limited national style identity.

I'll stop talking now or I never will:lol:

well, I usee to be very dressy and - all heels and dresses, and it certainly looked good, but it was so impractical. I wore colours as well. After starting doing the 5pfw method I became a lot more "safe" in my choices, both in regards of colours, cuts and materials. I stole wore dresses mostly. Despite that I like more wearable colours, it also became a bit boring to me. These days I often wear jeans and a t-shirt/tanktop - which is funny since I rarely wear jeans and never have worn plain tanktops/tees before. I still more often than not pair them with something more dressy - like that kimono, a pair of nice boots or a bouclé jacket. But I want clothes that are comfortable.

And perhaps you are right - I know nothing about swedish and norweigan style besides from what I see on fashion blogs - and it looks a lot like danish style to me :lol: but fashion bloggers are not representative for common style, I know.

Today I am wearing black jeans, the kimono, my slipons and ... a crop top. Feels good to experiment a little.

That sounds lovely!

I'm living in those ballet flats I DIY'd, super comfy and versatile! But the weather has gotten very hot and my feet are boiling...Now I need sandals...I'm going to have to get some soon...Italy will be even hotter than Paris... Eek. And to think I was planning to take boots...:doh:

In this weather I wear a lot:
wash jeans + olive jumper + ballerina's
wash jeans + white silk shirt + tan sandals
black skinny + polkadot shirt + ballerina's
wash jeans + striped big shirt + sandals
And on a little bit colder days I wear:
wash jeans + navy jumper + grey blazer (love this combo)

^Sounds like some simple, chic looks!

I wore my sandals for the first time this year. It felt very uncomfortable, because they didn't "grip" my feet at all. They are very loose. I kept worrying about tripping or getting something painful between my foot and sole. Maybe I just need to get used to it. I don't see how they can have expanded during the winter:huh: Might need new ones though...

I also found a skirt I liked. It was a second hand Narcisso Rodrigues black silk skirt. Fingers crossed it will fit:smile:

^ Your feet would be bigger in hot weather ... maybe that's the difference?

It is hot these days... as hot as it gets. I could problably get a insole added by a cobbler, but it would be cheaper to buy another pair sandals.

I am going to go through my wardrobe and do small DIY improvements, I'll see if I can think of something clever then:wink:

Slightly off topic, yet still relevant to a lot of us; have you heard that the EU are enforcing a law that means, that you now can return items bought online up to 28 days after you've recieved them AND that you can return things you've already worn/used?

I see this potentially causing trouble. Feeling more and more happy about my decission to try shopping locally.

I buy pretty much everything in physical stores, rarely online. But I'm lucky to live in a place where there are a lot of different shops/brands available.

Plus nothing beat trying stuff on before buying them, the sizing differences between brands are so enormous that you can't assume that 1 size fits everywhere. And I'm way too lazy to measure myself and compare it to the sizing charts. :rolleyes:

Well, I've been searching the internet for a very loooooong time now for 100% cotton t-shirts. Almost all t-shirts are made of 95% cotton or less with elastane or something similar. I find 100% cotton much more nicer to wear because it makes me less sweaty in comparison to synthetics in form-fitting garments. Finally I found some cotton t-shirts at American Apparal. Hopefully the quality is nice.
Do you know some other brands with 100% cotton shirts? :flower:

PS the sales are starting, I've already ordered a hat for 50% less! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to COS to buy 100 percent cotton tees. And hopefully some jumpers too.

I want my summerstyle to be like this picture. Simple black or blue wash skinny with casual shirts:

3359uu1.jpg

death-by-elocution.tumblr.com

And can someone help me with finding this shirt? Where can I buy this one:

o76jqx.png

death-by-elocution.tumblr.com

^Don't know, but you could look at mens shirts, there are a lot that look alike. Thanks for the COS tip!

Trenchcoat: You could try the "help me find..." thread. I know uniqlo makes a LOT of basic shirts in various patterns.

9twZYlV.png

Hope the image works--

Lately I've been interested in the idea of capsule wardrobes. I like very minimalistic clothes and muted tones. As an art student I need to be able to look casual and get dirty in the majority of my outfits.

^ Welcome! This looks nice. I'm so glad my clothes don't have to hold up to getting dirty. The worst threat is from food, coffee, and my dogs :wink:

Welcome, Muted!:flower: Remember to quote the source of all your images. You need to find the source for every piece in the set. It is a hassle I know, but you never know when the Mods are watching:wink:

Looks like you have your color scheme sorted:smile:

Ta-ta: I agree! I was such a messy child:/ I am glad that is over:D My worst enemy is cat hair. I pet every street cat that will let me:heart: So basically, I am always wearing fur - Sorry, Jinadaze:P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->