The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eizhowa

I love EVERTYTHING! It's so my style. Very basic, minimal and mature.

I've finally found a non see through silk white blouse. I'm still waiting to lose those extra 3 kilos so I finally can by myself a new vintage look wash jeans. And I've bought a navy jumper. I'm saving my money for some vintage jackets.

Thank you, Trenchcoat!:flower: I am very happy with my purchases as well:smile:

I love hearing how your wardrobe has worked for you and how your style has evolved, EvaH! I hope you will have more time to drop by our thread:smile:

So nice to see so many new posts. I look forward to reading them once I get home.

I am in Berlin ATM and I have decided to buy an ACNE Canada scarf while I am here. It is on my fall list, and I have wanted it since last winter. I was sure I wanted a grey one since I wsnt something that can go with everything, but ever since I tried on something grey yesterday (light grey though) I have been thinking I maybe should go for a colour instead (dark wine or dark green). I tried on the green one in Copenhagen and I remember it looling fine, but I did not pay much attention since I was only trying it on for fun. The only colour I have in my wardrobe right now is one light blue piece, and since my prefered colour scheme is neutrals (black, white, grey, navy with light blue and powder pink and army green and burgundy as accent colours), both colours should fit in. I am just not sure wether I would be happier with thd grey one. Guess I will just have to go try them on, but opinions will be appreciated. :flower:

^If you want to add some color, a scarf seems the perfect place to start since you don't wear it all the time. Both dark red and dark green sound great, but for some reason I see the red one fitting better. :smile:
I've been thinking about getting the same scarf as well (not sure which color), because the only scarf that keeps me warm is square-shaped. I'm going to get a new coat this winter -or at least, that's the plan- and square scarfs tend to add a lot of bulk that just doesn't work with every coat style.

I feel like my style is about to evolve. This fall I'm going back to university for a two year study. But I feel like I need to dress the part (the part being ready to take the next step in my career) as well, especially since I usually just wear jeans, t-shirt and sneakers (which is fine in my line of work, luckily). The main problem I'm facing however is that non-casual wear for men usually needs ironing. Come to think of it, a big part of my current style revolves around wearing clothing that doesn't need ironing. :lol::innocent:

Since I'll need more time to study I'm going to work one day less, so my income will decrease. I'm glad I have a decent wardrobe foundation to start with, because I will have less money to spend on new additions. And the things I'm going to buy will be planned in advance (or at least I hope so, my slightly impulsive personality might object to this :ninja:). My mais purchase upcoming season will be a new coat, I'm completely blank on what color or style I want thus far. Which might be a good thing, having a clear image of what I want sometimes seems more obstructive than helpful.

I love seeing new posts. My favourite season is still F/W. I dont like dressing for summer. I've downsized my colour palette. Now my basic colours are: Black, white, navy and grey. And pop colour is burgundy. My very basic wardrobe is and this is all i need. The rest are special vintage items.
- Wash jeans
- Black skinny
- White blouse
- Black blouse
- Striped black/white blouse
- Navy Jumper
- Breton sweater
- Acne grey scarf

Betina: I think I remember you had a burgundy scarf on your wishlist last FW. I would recommend the grey or the burgundy. I think the grey one is a basic you will have for a long time without growing tired of it, but I also think the burgundy one is a classic winter color. It looks good with both grey and black, which is practical.

Betina, I share eizohwa's opinion. I would go with either grey or burgundy but with a preference for grey in my case. Sounds more sustainable long term..

Great to have you back posting here EvaH! Love reading your experiences with fashion.

I've made some Acne purchases, see here
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f58/what-did-you-buy-today-2-a-116729-65.html#post12616237
I love my black Acne Canada scarf, I also spotted the different colours green, blue and burgundy. Love all three colours, but I would choose the green one, a bit more stylish.

Special things I have an eye on this winter are:
- Bally boots and dress
- Celine fur muff
- Elie Saab fur scarf
pics style.com
Haven't found them on the internet yet, but I will look in London in October. If you spot one of these items, please let me know. :flower:

Attachments

• Bally1.jpg
    Bally1.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Bally2.jpg
    Bally2.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Celine1.jpg
    Celine1.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Elie Saab1.jpg
    Elie Saab1.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 5
Hello everyone!! :flower:

I've not been on here for a long time but I so feel like giving it a try again! :heart:

Looking back: I've bought a few fabulous pieces in spring / summer, you can see them on my pinterest board. In General I've bought more navy and White with still some (mustard) yellow now and then.

My three favorite pieces of the season would have to be:
- A Reed Krakoff boxer tote
- A Moschino cheap and chic sweater with lace arms
- A pleated crotcheted lace mini skirt (a bit of a different piece for me but I'm loving it).

I'll attach pics of all three.

Looking to the coming season: I've not really made a list for fall yet. In general, I want to move more and more into the direction of a skirts and dresses wardrobe, which means I also need good shoes for all seasons.
I'll definitely want to get:
- A pair of heeled boots in black or brown.
- Another lovely winter dress, knitted or some heavy jersey.
- A quality wool coat in black, navy or camel.

Pictures from net-a-porter.com

Attachments

• cheapandchic.jpg
    cheapandchic.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 1
  • seaskirt.jpg
    seaskirt.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 1
  • reedkrakoff.jpg
    reedkrakoff.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Red While catching up with the old thread I started to wonder where you have disappeared too as well? Nice to have you back ! I definitely understand the move toward dresses/skirts more and the need for good shoes ! For the winter dress and the shoes what are your requisite in term of budget for both and material for the boots. Also how high should the heel be? Are you looking for knee lenght/ankle boots etc? I can recommend a few brand for boots as those are my obsession :mrgreen:
Your favorite pieces are gorgeous and I especially love the tote ! Apart from my 2j which is nowhere near as blue as your bag, I have been quite afraid of going for coloured bag. How has your tote worked with your existing wardrobe? Do you manage to use it often?

Nymphea, my advice would be to email/phone the main shops in London. The sales assistant are always very sweet. Try to email them those pictures then call them up if you can or wait for them to email you back. They will tell when those items will be available and you might even ask them to have a look at the EU stock so they can see if a shop nearer you have them in stock :wink:

R&N, nice to see you here again, love your purchases! :flower:

I didn't write here much in the last couple of months, because I wasn't really focused on my wardrobe and didn't need anything new. My WL for SS was very short anyway, and I managed to get all the pieces on it. That was:
- a white skater summer dress
- knee-lenght pencil black dress
- white sleeveless shirt
- black patent brogues

And some t-shirts and jewellery that I don't count here.
I was also looking for a new bag and back then I wanted a black leather one with golden hardware. It is nearly impossible to find something I would fancy enough to actually buy , but I realised that is because I already have a perfect bag just like that (Alexa). I just need another bag that is versatile enough to wear it as much as Alexa.
I was looking for it during the sales and finally found a perfect one in taupe (looks more beige than taupe to me, which is s very cold shade). I fell in love with the Britton Bowler from Kurt Geiger so I already inquired if it is in stock in any London store. I will try to get it next week, when I am going there. :smile:
I find it neutral enough that will go with anything and it looks amazing while wearing it in hand too, but I am planning to wear it across body, since I just can't carry a lot in my hand for hours.

4747147109.jpg

kurtgeiger

I was also planning to get a nice black cardigan, since I don't own any and think that would be a very practical addition to my closet.

Btw, do you have any tips about traveling style, when the baggage is very limited? I find mine to be quite dull and basic.

Attachments

• ParkandCube_KurtGeigerBritton_07.jpg
    ParkandCube_KurtGeigerBritton_07.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 2
Jinadaze: I recommend large curly red hair. It is a great accessory and requires very little baggage space:wink: The KG bag looks nice:flower:

I'm having bit of a sad moment with my SS wardrobe actually. I've gone down a dress size this year, so everyhing is a bit too big and therefore looks wrong on. When my clothes don't fit, I just don't feel great. My legs are too short, and when the fit is wrong I feel like a hobbit. First world problems, I know:rolleyes: I am very pleased with my F/W-items, my bags and my shoes, but I am craving a pair of plain black trousers and a white tee that fit! Those items are so difficult to find... Maybe I should get a poncho and wait for fall:lol:

I have been toying with the idea of getting a pair of black suede pumps to feel less hobbit-like, but I don't know if I could pull it off. I am so casual in my style. I used to feel self conscious wearing sun glasses, so maybe I would just have to get used to it? At least shoes stays the same even when your dress size doesn't.

Your skirt RedandNavy is very pretty!

Jinadaze like your bag. I've got something similar, but you have to take into account that you have to fill the bag up totally otherwise it wil deflate when wearing. I like the bag to hold it's round shape. When is see the LV similar bags people are wearing it's much of the time in a deflated shape, don't like it.

A pity eizhowa that your clothes don't fit perfectly anymore. What are you going to do about? I like hobbits, although not their hairy feet. :D

I took EvaH suggestions to heart (why didn't I myself think of it I really don't know). I've got already a response on the muffs. They are shearling and are by the end of this month in store. The boots and a ankle boot version are just online but not available for order yet I guess, because there aren't any sizes available, can't imagine everything is sold out. Going to call the shop tomorrow. Nothing yet on the scarf.

Nymphaea, you have a point here. I am actually looking for a more structured bag this time, so I will see in store how this one keeps its form when half empty.

^ In your second pic it appears to be holding its shape pretty well--the sides are flattening slightly, but not like an empty Speedy.

Well, it's been a while for me as well! Life has been hectic on a lot of fronts for me.

Basically what I need the most right now is to clean my wardrobe again... and I need new, slimmer hangers so that I can organize it better.

I bought new sneakers recently after postponing that for about a year and ever since I've fallen back on wearing them pretty much every day (even for work - which I am allowed to do), I basically wear trousers and sneakers and either a blouse or a t-shirt every day, and it's becoming a little stale...

I've tried to wear more skirts and I realized I enjoy wearing them. I want to wear more dresses, but I am very unsure of what styles do fit me. I know I don't want anything too short, nor tight fitting, as it won't look well on me - but a lot of "flowier" dresses seem to look a bit childlike or "cutesie", or either too casual or too dressy, so I'm not quite sure. Any hint on that direction would be welcome.

Most of what I bought this year so far has worked nicely for me, I believe... but I have to cut back on the expenses as I scratched one of my eyeglasses' lenses and it will be expensive to have it replaced :doh:

Hi everyone!

Good to be posting here again. I always try to check in every month to see what you are all up to. I see you've all made some great additions to your wardrobes. Jinadaze your new bag looks lovely! barbaraaa I'll think of some dress shapes and try to suggest something, dresses are so easy to wear though, it's the main reason I like them.

As for me, I think the last time I posted was at the beginning of the summer ... I had just ordered an ASOS Premium maxi dress, which has proven to be one of my best buys ever. I've worn it so many times and received tonnes of compliments on it, it really is gorgeous! Also managed to fill my closet with nonsensic clothing for the beach, but it was what I needed, so that's my excuse. :P

I'm so excited about F/W! I've already bought a few things, mainly a biker leather jacket, which is so cool. It's faux leather, and I love it over everything. I can tell I'll wear it a lot this season. I've also created a board on Pinterest where I've pinned lots of things I like and will later decide what to get. I'm waiting for a few items in the mail, two pairs of ankle boots (I basically have to throw away all of mine, they're so old), a tan color and some black ones with zipper detailing. Oh, and a camel colored coat which looked really soft on the website, I hope it looks just as great in person.

I really need a lot of things, because most of my items are getting a bit old and looking worse for wear. Mostly I have to revamp my shoe cupboard and my lingerie drawer ... I have my eye on a few gorgeous bralettes, they're basically all I wear these days. If you have any recommendations for good lingerie brands, I'd love to hear them.

Regarding the items I'd like, there's way too many. I need to narrow the list down. But really, my wardrobe has some gaping holes - I don't own a single shirt, and I have about 8 jackets and coats - so silly! So I'm thinking ...

• Drape detailing. I have my eye on an ASOS white jumper which has a drape in the back. It would look gorgeous with a bare back or a black lace bralette I think.
  • Something studded. I think it'll just be a tank top for layering. Preferrably with silver studs.
  • A faux fur gilet. I've wanted one for years, so maybe I'll finally find a good one in 2014.
  • Some costume jewelry. The problem with inexpensive jewelry is that it just breaks and tarnishes so easily ... I went through my collection today and threw out most of it.
  • Scarf, hat, gloves. A pair of leather gloves hopefully, then a wide brimmed felt fedora, and I'd like a replacement for my faux fur scarf. I was thinking about something in burgundy, but I'm not sure - I have a red plaid scarf already from last year.
  • Basic tops. Because I just don't have any! I'd like some with text on them and a few plain tees as well.
  • A fall bag. I've found two cute options in ZARA, we'll see.

That's it for me! I'll check back soon, have a great evening ladies (or whatever time of the day it is where you are) :flower:

I really should have been planning my items for the coming season, but while on holiday last week I stumbled upon a couple of things that were left on my SS wishlist, and couldn't resist: a tan leather tote (finally!) and a Saint James striped tee. Love them both! :heart:

I was really pleased with my wardrobe at the end of last winter, but thinking about it now I feel overwhelmed and blah and like there is much more I need than I thought. First thing I know I am looking for is a pair of black leather boots...

eizhowa, I thought about you today as I saw a merino wool sweater in that rust colour you like at Benetton. I can't remember if you already bought something like it, but if not perhaps it's worth checking out. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->