The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I will ask when I go on holiday. I am only there once a year. The belts are too thick to fold in at the end (if that was what you meant?). They add too much bulk, and I don't need more bulk around my hips-_-

I really love wearing belted jeans with a blouse tucked in, and currently all of my belts are too big and most of my jeans are too high in the rise. It will be nice to wear my favorite silhouette again:smile:

^ Oh please, you just got rid of 4 inches :P

I mean a loop knot ... you slip the end under the belt circled around you, and then through the loop you just created.

* Googles loop knot * Aha! Very creative way to fasten a belt, but my belts are too thick for that as well. I like my hip belts quite wide. I'll just have to gather my courage and talk to the scary belt-man. He always wears 80s denim cut offs, a leather waistcoat and nothing else. Terrifying:mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yes, but they are so long that they create too much bulk around my waist/hips. In the last 2-3 years, I have lost 4" on my hips, so my belts are much, much too long. I have not found anyone in my town who can shorten the overall length of the belts yet. The man who made my belts for me two years ago (in Denmark) had a specific curved metal tool he used to shape the edges of the belt. I ended up giving away my belts away instead of maiming them with the kitchen scissors.

I think there is a man who makes and adjusts the belts for you in one of the towns where I am going on holiday. Hopefully he can help me make some new ones:smile: I don't think he would agree to adjust a belt made by "the competition" though...

Depending on the belt you can do it yourself. On some belts you can open the belt where the buckle is, by using a screw driver, then cut of some of the length and close it again with the screw driver. We do this all the time at my job :smile: just a suggestion.

^ And no scary belt man :wink: If that doesn't work, wear your 'armed and dangerous' t-shirt when you visit.

^I will get my mummy to hold my hand...

Good girl :wink:

I really wanted to not do any shopping before heading to Berlin in two weeks, but now two dresses I have been eyeing for a while, has been marked down a lot and will only cost me 25 GBP for both. I could see them becoming great wardrobe staples, so I am contemplating buying them.

Are they on your pinterest? You've pinned a lot of beautiful dresses lately.

I got new shoes....:wub: Tobacco Suede Porsellis:heart:

20fp8q9.jpg

Ebay

I think I have also got my hands on a pair of Balenciaga Arena chelsea boots:buzz: I will pick them up in London:woot:

^:clap: Great!
I've got my eyes on a few Acne items, will try them on and see if they are looking nice on me. ^_^

@Eizhowa: now they are :wink: I think I have pinned them or something similar to my wardrobe inspiration board earlier. It is just simply jersey dresses, but I really like the styles, and I could use a couple of more casual dresses - especially in this weather.

--- btw, congrats on your porsellis! I love the colour and the suede! I have to ask, what is it, that makes them so great?

I have been shopping a LOT this year, and even though it has been nice to stock up on some things, now that my style has changed a bit, I plan on going back to shopping less, come fall (September 1st-ish). I want to stick to buying around 1 piece a month and no more than a total of 12 pieces for a season (6 months) - I will do so to leave space for accesories, basics and perhaps a few sale purchases.

I still have not decided what to wear to the christening I am going to this Sunday. I was planning on wearing this dress, but I have no clue what to wear with it, that is not black or boots, and I do not really find that a appropriate. If I do not come up with anything I think I will just go with a black full skirt, a stripe l/s tee, a grey bouclé jacket, black pumps and a black bag (my MK quilt bag or my YSL mail). Just feels a bit casual, since I would wear that any day, besides from the heels.

H070_900_(A).jpg

Betina: Well, I love love love ballet flats, but most give me blisters and hurt my feet. Porsellis are so soft they need no breaking in at all! I have a pair of Ecco Lille flats, and even though Ecco shoes are supposed to be better for the feet, they still damage mine:( The only thing that could be improved is the lack of support, but this does not bother me... I also really like having the same "perfect" items in different colors (like my uniqlo crew neck cashmere/merino sweaters), as it makes putting outfits together easier. Porselli flats come in every color imaginable:smile: The Balenciaga chelsea boots also come in every color:innocent:

^I LOVE those scarves! I have been eyeing them myself!. They are super soft and delicious. I haven't found a color I like and suit yet though. I am hoping they will do a collection of dual colored scarves. I really want a grey or brown scarf that is darker on one side and lighter on the other.

I find my Wayfarers to be really versatile. I was slightly self conscious about wearing them before, but now I wear them all the time. I bought mine when I was 16-17, and I just didn't have the attitude to wear them:rolleyes: I still feel a bit stupid wearing sun glasses on days when it is partially cloudy. I feel a need to take them off as soon as the sun is behind a cloud. Silly, I know... I have learnt to fight the urge though(and before I know it I am deep inside a mall, still wearing my sunnies:innocent: ). I think Wayfarers would be a really good buy. I think the black are more classic, but if you suit the brown ones better, then go for it:wink:

I really can't recommend those scarves enough, they are absolutely lovely. :heart: Fingers crossed for you that they will come out with more colours in the fall! I am eyeing the blue one as well, but I am not sure that colour is quite as deep blue as I like.

I used to be really self-conscious about sunglasses when I was younger too, but now I can't live without them. I agree that the black Wayfarers are more classic, but I always go for brown sunglasses as I feel black is too harsh for my face. And I found the brown tortoise ones to be quite ladylike and less edgy, which - even though I could use some more edgy pieces in my wardrobe - is much more me.

Also, I love your new shoes! You've got me really curious about the Porsellis, as I also find most ballet flats uncomfortable. I suspect they might be too narrow for me though...

^You can adjust the ribbon to make them more narrow/wider:flower:

Hm, I might have to check them out... I'm the same in that I like finding items that I love/that work perfectly and then having them in all my favourite colours. :flower:

Haven't been posting since I'm still to shop the summer sales, argh :doh:! Too busy and preoccupied!!! To de-stress though, I've been redecorating, sewing cushions and tablecloths at night, and I'm in love with the new soothing palette of my apartment: based on cream, very very faded rose-beige and gray, dotted with bits of antique gold/brass items, embroidery and objects and ceramics from around the world and one or two of my favorite antique clothing, fruits and flowers and absolutely fantastic abstract paintings. Somehow interior decorating is like doing a gigantic real-life mood-board, and it's inspiring me to come up with new outfits as well. Unsursprisingly, I've brought my Dries items back out: a coral-y skirt and mauve top :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds so very lovely, Melisande! ^^ :flower: I am currently also trying to pull both my apartment and my summer house together with cushions and textiles, but as much as I love decorating I always struggle so with those finishing touches. :doh:

Who ownes a burberry trench here and can tell me more about the sizing. Im normally a Medium

That sounds so very lovely, Melisande! ^^ :flower: I am currently also trying to pull both my apartment and my summer house together with cushions and textiles, but as much as I love decorating I always struggle so with those finishing touches. :doh:

Thank you! :blush: Ahh the finishing touches are my favorite part.
What are you looking for for your home, anything in particular?
I do spend time standing back to look at the room, squinting to see the general colours, covering parts with my hands to see if things look better without certain bits, and rearranging things here and there. Much like painting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->