The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I hate clothing with awkward sizing...

I have been feeling rather unstylish lately :lol: it's probably silly, I know... but I really need to go through my closet, which I have no time for at the moment. Pinterest comes in handy here - I am creating two boards, "things to throw away" and "things to fix" and am carefully going through my pins... which of course isn't as good as really, physically going through my belongings, but it does help!

Fun story: I went to a wedding a week ago and I took this old (maybe 5 years?) PU bag. I hadn't touched it in years (since I got my satchels), but it was a really cute bag. The age, associated with the fact that it is synthetic, had it pretty much disintegrate :lol: so there goes another vote for buying good quality items.

Me too!

Sounds like an easy way to get a clean-out done! I would like to hear how it turned out, once you are done. Funny story about your bag.

So, I actually tried the skirt on again to confirm that I was returning it, as I only tried it on briefly the other day. And.. I really like it :blink: I suppose it was just a matter of wrapping it the right way. It definetely looks more liked the pictures on the website now opposed to the other day where it looked like a really bad paper-bag waist skirt.

Pics: matchesfashion.com and my own

Attachments

• dempster.jpg
    dempster.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 48
  • dempster.jpeg
    dempster.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 19875833_10154490888691831_678075040_o.jpg
    19875833_10154490888691831_678075040_o.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 13
  • 19885985_10154490888756831_1167105980_o.jpg
    19885985_10154490888756831_1167105980_o.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 9
Yes, it's very cute! Sometimes there can be a real learning curve to clothes that are complicated :huh:

I think it looks lovely on you! :smile:

Well the closet cleaning is still underway, but pinterest did help as I knew right away what items I wanted out! Some more followed, but it does help to do a non-physical sorting :lol:

Oh that is so pretty on you Betina:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: Love the way you wrapped it! Oh great now I want the skirt... * tries to remember self that I don't suit skirts *

Cant you call them and cancel the return if you want?

Edit: Also, your hair looks great. It needs mentioning.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ta-ta: thank you! I would've never thought that I would have trouble finding out how to put on a piece of clothing :huh:

@Barbaraa: thx! I might follow you example, although right now I am just taking out a few pieces at a time. Brought a bag to donate to my local thrift shop as late as today.

@Eizhowa: thank you so much :flower: especially about my hair, that felt particularly Sunday-esque. I didn't start the return yet, so no problem, luckily.

BTW; how does one not suit a skirt? As I recall you wear dresses from time to time, how is that different? I am genuinely wondering, since I have such a hard time finding skirts I like, but can always find another dress :innocent:

@Jina: thx a bunch!

I think that the skirt will be my last SS purchase this year. I have plenty of dresses to wear, and now that I also have the skirt that I can wear with all my tees, tops etc. I should be sorted. I have more or less decided that I am not going to look for sandals anyhow. I have a pair of flat, black leather sandals with studs, a pair of black block heel sandals and a pair of birkenstocks, so I should be good.

Also, I am considering whether I actually need to buy boots this Fall anyway, since I discovered that my tall ACNE boots goes really well with my new skirt. Furthermore I have to two ankle boots I bought last Winter. I am not 100% happy with neither, but I think I should stick to my purchases.. Then I can keep an eye out for a pair of 2nd hand short ACNE pistols or get them next year.

@Ta-ta: thank you! I would've never thought that I would have trouble finding out how to put on a piece of clothing :huh:

@Barbaraa: thx! I might follow you example, although right now I am just taking out a few pieces at a time. Brought a bag to donate to my local thrift shop as late as today.

@Eizhowa: thank you so much :flower: especially about my hair, that felt particularly Sunday-esque. I didn't start the return yet, so no problem, luckily.

BTW; how does one not suit a skirt? As I recall you wear dresses from time to time, how is that different? I am genuinely wondering, since I have such a hard time finding skirts I like, but can always find another dress :innocent:

@Jina: thx a bunch!

I think that the skirt will be my last SS purchase this year. I have plenty of dresses to wear, and now that I also have the skirt that I can wear with all my tees, tops etc. I should be sorted. I have more or less decided that I am not going to look for sandals anyhow. I have a pair of flat, black leather sandals with studs, a pair of black block heel sandals and a pair of birkenstocks, so I should be good.

Also, I am considering whether I actually need to buy boots this Fall anyway, since I discovered that my tall ACNE boots goes really well with my new skirt. Furthermore I have to two ankle boots I bought last Winter. I am not 100% happy with neither, but I think I should stick to my purchases.. Then I can keep an eye out for a pair of 2nd hand short ACNE pistols or get them next year.

I have given up on dresses as well as skirts. My calves/lower legs are proportionally too short and wide for my body so I never feel good when wearing skirts or dresses :( Also, trousers means I don't have to bother with fake tan (a real tan is never going to happen, lets be honest).

I have given up on dresses as well as skirts. My calves/lower legs are proportionally too short and wide for my body so I never feel good when wearing skirts or dresses :( Also, trousers means I don't have to bother with fake tan (a real tan is never going to happen, lets be honest).

Sorry to hear that :/ tbh my legs are super pale as well, but I have stopped caring..

^ Same here. Actually I've been more self-conscious about my legs before I had any cellulite that I am now. It comes with age. :Pink:

Sorry to hear that :/ tbh my legs are super pale as well, but I have stopped caring..

I embrace the whiteness as well :flower:

If you wear a longish skirt or dress, you can obscure the proportions, especially with heels.

I embrace the whiteness as well :flower:

If you wear a longish skirt or dress, you can obscure the proportions, especially with heels.

Long skirts and dresses are just not me, so thats not an option.

I don't mind evening-dresses though. In the evening it is dark and everyone is a bit tipsy anyway so I have less reason to be self-conscious:P

Another factor is that my hips and thighs are some of my favourite body parts and skirts just hide them too much. So I am very happy to wear trousers. The only real issue is that finding good quality trousers that fit my frame is difficult. I am shorter than my countrymen and a lot more picky...

Throwing something new in! I've ordered these, curious for how they look irl, how versatile they are and the fit. (pic by mansur gavriel)

Going to Paris again during the Fall looking for the items of my Pinterest board FW and hopefully enjoying the weather and the architecture.

Your skirt is gorgeous Betinapple.
^ Same here. Actually I've been more self-conscious about my legs before I had any cellulite that I am now. It comes with age. :Pink:
I can't agree more! ^_^

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1
^ Cute ... very you.

I finally threw out the denim trousers that have been hovering on the edge of wearing out. They were still hovering, but I decided I shouldn't be paying to dry clean them any longer. They were a bit over 2 years old, but I probably wore them about once a week for that time. I feel like denim wears out faster than other fabrics ... but now that I don't work someplace where everyone wears jeans, I don't think I need to buy denim trousers anymore.

Right now my extra $$$ is earmarked for furniture and vacation ... I might not buy anything for the rest of the year :P

Those are some really nice shoes, Nymphaea.

I picked up this today:

w12wbn.jpg

hm.no

I have also bought a linen shirt that I have been living in. They were both bought on the high street, so I am not sure how they will hold up in the long run. I'll just have to try to treat them well and hopefully my wardrobe won't dissintigrate before I get a job-_-

Thanks guys!

That one is really nice eizhowa, delicate and summery.

@Thx, Nymphaea! Please let me know how you like the sandals - I have been considering them as well.

@Eizhowa: such a nice blouse!

@Blackcoffee: thx for the heads up! I would prefer them in black patent or leather, and those are, of course, not marked down. Maybe another time :smile:

So, I bought this print l/s mock-turtleneck blouse from Ganni in December, which I have really enjoyed. It comes in a t-shirt style as well, which I was considering too, but since it was winter at the time and I really liked the neckline, I went with the l/s sleeve one. The other day I came across the tee marked down 60% and got it. Cannot decide if it is a bit extensive with such a somewhat loud print on two items, but on the other hand, I have worn it a lot.

Pics via ganni.com, stoy.com

Attachments

• linfield.jpg
    linfield.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1
  • linfieldls.jpg
    linfieldls.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 53
Thanks, Betina, Fashionista-ta and Nymphaea! :smile:

Betina, I always regret not buying several pieces once I fall in love with something so I would just enjoy both of the pieces if I were you:wink:

Thanks, Betina, Fashionista-ta and Nymphaea! :smile:

Betina, I always regret not buying several pieces once I fall in love with something so I would just enjoy both of the pieces if I were you:wink:

Valid point - you are perfectly right :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->