The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #8

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]254927[/split]

"THE 4-5 PIECE FRENCH WARDROBE #8 - PART 7"? What:huh:

Tata, I am getting the medium one, plain black, I think... Haven't check as I haven't got my new phone with me. Do you think the outside pocket could fit iphone 6s? I plan to put it inside the outer pocket for easy access and not having to open Nd close the bag everytime I use my phone, which is very often.

Glad to know the new one is OK no problem. It's the one with the zipper pull inside pocket is a teardrop, right? I saw other version with coin as the inner zipper pull. which veraion do you have?

Oh, today I started to use my black maxi veneta, my XmS gift from myself, haha... I love it so much, although lots of ppl can't differentiTe between my ebano maxi and the new nero maxi...

Slmost forgot, MERRY XMAS, ALL,

Mine doesn't have an outer pocket, just an inner one.

Just had to check the inner zip, I had no idea what it looked like. It is a leather pull.

PS Thanks for fixing the #9.

farfetch

I was really pleased to see my refund money in my account tonight, and ordered this ...

I'll be interested to see what stores buy from the spring collection. From resort, I've bought the snake shoes and this blouse, and there's another pair of shoes I'm contemplating. Looking around at online stores, it appears that they could be cutting back their buy/commitment to the brand now that Alber's left. Liberty, for instance, had Lanvin clothes, but they've taken everything down except accessories, and have removed Lanvin from their women's designer list. The selection at Nordstrom is way down, etc. I may not be interpreting what I'm seeing correctly, of course, but it does make me wonder how much of the spring collection will even be available.

PS I wasn't able to find a code for Farfetch for this order, but I did sign up for their referral program. If you want to be referred (I believe it's $50 off), just let me know.

Attachments

• Lanvin ruffle blouse.jpg
    Lanvin ruffle blouse.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
farfetch

Also, these shoes on sale ... not sold out as so many things are--what's nice about Farfetch is it doesn't seem to get as much traffic. Love the pearls ...

Attachments

• Lanvin black flat.jpg
    Lanvin black flat.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Lanvin gold.jpg
    Lanvin gold.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1
You are totally into Albert's Lanvin shopping spree! :P I love the items you've chosen. :heart: I wouldn't guess you would choose a pointy flat by the way. Hopefully everthing works out nicely.

I'm still waiting for some items getting a higher discount. :glare:

I had some black pointy flats once. Very flattering with jeans. I love the blue silk blouse!

Farfetch doesn't get much traffic, I think, because (just like yoox) it is impossible to navigate. I tried it once on my phone and then I had to go to therapy to get myself right again:hardhead:

Two months from now I can start wearing ballet flats again (assuming the winter will be as usual), so I think I'll save my money and not get some winter boots.

I am really trying to not buy anything right now, because I don't know in which direction I want to take my style yet...

Yoox is really horrible if you're just browsing, Farfetch is a Saint compared to Yoox imo.

Thanks, girls :heart:

eizhowa, you're giving new meaning to retail therapy :rofl:

If I really had a choice, there were some beautiful black ballerinas with a purple snake toe, and if I could bring that back, I'd have them instead. With these, I believe they took the heel and brought it down. It may be similar to the toe of the leopard heels I have. I think these will be versatile ... but what I was thinking they could do is work well when I have a more formal occasion where I need to walk a lot, like a museum show opening.

The reason I say that about the two sites is, these gold flats have been sitting around forever on Farfetch. On Yoox, literally everything I was interested in (that's at a reasonable price) has sold out. Granted, they do much better discount codes than Farfetch. But had these been on Yoox at the same price net, I think they would've been long gone.

Usually I search both sites by designer (and not just the one I've been buying lately :smile:), and that works well. Sometimes if I'm looking for something like a black sweater, denim trousers, etc., that can be more of a needle in a haystack situation--best not to go there, especially on Yoox! But, patience can pay off. A color/type search can really work well too, especially when it's a more unusual color--I've done that for myself, as well as others.

So you're thinking of changing your style, eizhowa? Go ahead and start warning us now, so we don't get too shocked later :wink: Will you go for the Hedi Slimane transgressive schoolgirl look? Luxe bohemian? Maybe princess, with fur and tiaras??

GORGEOUS blue blouse!! So beautiful...

Back in Paris and on my travels I finally found a very nice down coat that outdid the Massimo Dutti one I was eyeing, it's by BCBG Max Azria and it's uber-warm but still has a "flattering" (as far as puffies go) and stylish cut with sort of bell-sleeves. I couldn't find photos online. It's olive green and I was looking for dark blue, but none of the blue ones I saw were warm or flattering enough and sometimes you just have to go with the flow. No more holes for my winter wardrobe--anything I add from hereon will be for pure pleasure :stuart:

Rant and rave: during my search I was sorely disappointed in The North Face, do they really think they can go on blind utilitarianism? They seriously need to get some good designer on board... another observation, I'm loving my new l/s tee from Muji...fantastic quality...it may well replace my Uniqlo go-to.

^ Thanks--I'm looking forward to getting it! Usually we get a break in the weather in mid-February ... possible I might be able to wear it then. With the sleeves it isn't a layering piece ... and I don't really have anything to put underneath, though I should.

Bell sleeves sound great--glad you found something. I find that sometimes coat sleeves can be too tight with thick raglan sweater sleeves or whatever underneath (not to mention not having toothpicks for arms), so bell sleeves are very good--as well as flattering.

I forgot to mention, the blouse isn't silk, sadly. It's a viscose/acetate blend I think, something like that. I had my eye on a long-sleeved blouse that was silk, but my timing wasn't good and it sold out. So I thought I'd best move more quickly this time.

Tata, I am getting the medium one, plain black, I think... Haven't check as I haven't got my new phone with me. Do you think the outside pocket could fit iphone 6s? I plan to put it inside the outer pocket for easy access and not having to open Nd close the bag everytime I use my phone, which is very often.

Glad to know the new one is OK no problem. It's the one with the zipper pull inside pocket is a teardrop, right? I saw other version with coin as the inner zipper pull. which veraion do you have?

Oh, today I started to use my black maxi veneta, my XmS gift from myself, haha... I love it so much, although lots of ppl can't differentiTe between my ebano maxi and the new nero maxi...

Slmost forgot, MERRY XMAS, ALL,

I remember seeing the larger Happy years ago when Barney's was here ... didn't realize they were still making it. I usually see either the mini, or the next size up that I have.

So what is the difference between Ebano and Nero? :lol: They both sound like black ... is one really dark brown? Or two different kinds of black? :huh:

^ Thanks--I'm looking forward to getting it! Usually we get a break in the weather in mid-February ... possible I might be able to wear it then. With the sleeves it isn't a layering piece ... and I don't really have anything to put underneath, though I should.

Bell sleeves sound great--glad you found something. I find that sometimes coat sleeves can be too tight with thick raglan sweater sleeves or whatever underneath (not to mention not having toothpicks for arms), so bell sleeves are very good--as well as flattering.

I forgot to mention, the blouse isn't silk, sadly. It's a viscose/acetate blend I think, something like that. I had my eye on a long-sleeved blouse that was silk, but my timing wasn't good and it sold out. So I thought I'd best move more quickly this time.

True re.bell sleeves; though it's very slight it makes a big difference.(This is why I still cannot bring myself to buy online--half an inch here and there changes everything.) In my case, with coats, esp. puffies, is that I'm quite particular that the area around the shoulders/armpits/chest/upper arms should be snug, which was what my beef was with the rugby-ish North Face styles.

Viscose/acetate could be sturdier, easier to handle and less likely to crush than silk, although in your case since you dry-clean your clothes the difference may be less important. :flower:

**I keep thinking about your idea of creating specific outings to wear your clothes; it's a great proactive idea to honor one's wardrobe; I should do more of that this year. :flower:

I was clearing out my sisters closet, and found my old grey Mango coat (the same as Barbaraahas). It was so flattering, so now I have stolen it back. Which is okay, because not stealing was not one of my New Years resolutions:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->