The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Well, put some meat on your bones, girl! Then you'll really have a shape to show off :wink:

Yes, I understand about picky! I think that is one thing we all have in common here :D

I just bought a bra with an F-cup. I consider myself quite curvy as I am!:lol:

I like small to medium sized bags myself. But that might be because I can't lift more than about 20 kilos (and only 12-ish if I want to get the bag up to my shoulder) so I can't do big bags:P

Which size is your Happy bag, Fashionista-ta? I forget.

Floodette: I like bare backs and I cannot lie...:mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I suppose so :wink:

The description of mine is Medium. But I'm not sure there's a small, I thought the only smaller one is the mini, maybe cross-body, not sure. That one is more evening bag size. There used to be a bigger size, but I haven't seen it in years.

oooohhhhhh tata, you really intrigued me with Happy. Am waiting for my preloved Happy to arrive this week! Hopefully I will love mine as much as you love yours.

I am really a big bag girl, and just tried to downsize as now I have terrible back pain (age, age...). As my smallest bag is really not small at all, or too small so I can't fit in umbrella (indispensible during rainy season!), I let myself bought the medium Happy and also a special veneta made from cervo leather with ayers stitching. Hope the pic is attached, I only received him yesterday, but bought it on New Year's eve.

For 2016, I would like (not need, LOL) to have one pair of south sea pearl earrings. And I need to buy my subeng, the traditional earrings I posted earlier...

Eizhowa: hello from another curvy girl.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    418.8 KB · Views: 4
I have some back/neck/shoulder issues as well, so I stopped carrying shoulder bags, unless I really have to free up my hands. I carry the Happy on my left wrist, with the handle doubled (you can also extend one handle all the way, with the other flush with the bag, to create a long shoulder strap).

IMO it doesn't have room for an umbrella, but I always carry one separately when I think I need it, unless I happen to be carrying my tote.

Received my Farfetch packages today, and overall I'm pleased.

The blouse is a prettier blue than in the pictures--I would call it a peacock blue, not a royal blue. The color name is Bleu Azure, Pristine Blue in English. It has the complexity that is typical of Alber's colors. It fits like a glove, which would not be my first choice, but it's that or nothing! The fabric of the blouse is also much heavier than I expected, a heavy crepe.

The gold shoes I really love. They are more beautiful than the pictures. The contrast with the bow is really nice, the pearls are lovely ... and somehow the padding is pillowier in these than in any of my others.

The only thing is, I ordered the wrong size in the black shoes. I'm so used to 39 being my size for the ballet flats that I forgot I take my normal size in their pumps, which is what the black shoe is. I haven't looked to see if they have my size ... it looks like all they have left is 38. So those are going back ... they are beautiful, they look just like the picture, except pointier.

^ I think I'm more dissapointed about the black pumps than you are. :D Glad everything else is even better irl!

I'm still waiting for my sweater to come. Holiday shipping has always been a pain. :rolleyes:

^ Ugh! Seems like quite awhile now!

Trust me, I am disappointed, but no point in dwelling on it if there's nothing I can do! They had a double size run of the shoe, so perhaps my size will pop back up ... or maybe later on Yoox. It really is a beautiful shoe. Maybe I'll wear the other shoes tomorrow to brighten up my Friday :wink:

ugh, tata... so sorry about the black shoes. hopefully your size will appear suddenly at yoox, like they do sometimes! on the other hand, description of your top sounds delish....

my Happy has arrived, nicely broken in. It's quite different from the veneta, definitely heavier, and the inner lining is not as soft as BV's suede. It also is smaller, but glad that all my stuffs (incl the umbrella!) fit nicely. I really can see it transferred from day to evening bag. It is indeed very pretty.

^ Glad you like it! I agree that it also works well in the evening. On NYE, a couple of the women were talking about how they couldn't fit what they needed in their bags & were asking to borrow stuff :lol: I just don't even bother anymore--those tiny bags are just a PITA.

well, mini bag is definitely a trend I won't bother. although I have to admit the bags look very cute!

funny to think how big bag was the craze several years back.

Evening bags have always been tiny ... I have a couple, but it takes a lot to get me to pull them out, like a wedding or very fancy concert. It may be with the Happy around, they won't see the light of ... evening.

ahhhhhh i thought you are talking about the mini antigona, mini city, mini everything thT is used as day bag! sorry!

i personally use my wallet on chain as evening bag, haha... that way, i dont have to switch contents of my wLlet (which is as big as normal evening bag, haha).

received mny compliments on my nail color (black cherry. hutney), but quite surewill chNge into deep red (essie's fishnet atocking favored by dita von teese) next week for more pop of color...

Hi all, it's good to check in once in a while! Traveling for two months and doing three continents in six days, exciting but not the best idea.:o

Floodette: Welcome to the deep-red nail club! Beautiful color, fishnet.
Congrats on the Happy, I like them a lot too...Tata has influenced us well <3 I didn't know they hold so much, good to consider! I was just eyeing the YSL chain bags, those are pretty too, although the logo is a bit flashy.

Recently grabbed a simple little marine-striped wool/cashmere navy blue sweater in Paris on a whim, loving it and getting many compliments. Now that I'm addicted to stripes like Betina, it's good to have the option to be stripey year-round ^_^ Next on the wish list: a grey or navy wool skirt. My sister claims I've gone from baroque to preppy--I think she's right. I'm just thrilled to make a smooth and easy transition out of all-black!!

Ta-ta, so thrilled with your arrivals! Heavy crepe...mmmmm :heart::heart:
(All of you with heavy-bag issues just like myself, as you know I always love the Longchamp pliages!)

Thanks, Melisande. Not sure what your budget for the skirt is, but Lanvin did a pretty navy skirt last fall, a little bit godet with a twist effect at the waist, and it's on sale now ...

Wore the gold shoes last night with modified fishnets (appropriate for a seafood restaurant!), they are fun ... but I decided a bit flashy for wearing during the day! I make an exception though for running errands on Saturday afternoon before going out ...

Hey, I love stripes too!:judge:

I came home to my apartment after spending 3 weeks at my parents. All my skincare has frozen solid:angel: (OT but whatever)

OMG :o Did you not leave the heat on?

I want to love stripes, but no one seems to want to make them wide enough for me :P I want them more like color blocking.

eizhowa, oops, sorry, I'll think of you next time I feel stripey too! :wink: Also, I love deep V sweaters too. It's been some time but in the past I've had the best luck with men's sweaters...have you tried any? You can find some that are long and narrow in the torso with long, narrow sleeves, and deep V's. The shoulders might droop a bit, but I kind of liked that.

OMG...frozen solid...leaving the heat on for three weeks...this is a world new to me...:o

Ta-ta, I love fishnets with ballet flats as you know and the gold ones look and sound delish. I'd totally wear them during the day, I think they'd be lovely with a demure knee-length a-line denim skirt, fishnets and a simple black sweater. And the Happy of course!:wink: I think they'd be day-appropriate dressed down black dark denim skinnies too for those that wear them. The Lanvin skirt sounds lovely, do you have a link? Also, Sonia Rykiel does colour-block type stripes once in a while, very cute.

Floodette...forgot to mention, do you wear red lipstick like I do to match your nails? :heart:

ugh, my computer. I wanted to say dressed down with dark denim skinnies and a huge oversized woolly sweater, for example.

I sort of didn't think it would get that cold:innocent: But I am sure my stuff will melt and return to their original state. I saved a lot of money on electricity:P (I checked, and I am not responsible (financially) if the water pipes explode...)

I picked up a linen striped longsleeve top and a grey merino wool crewneck jumper in the sales. I also found some black jeans, and after hemming them by like 4 inches they now fit great. I feel like I have my winter basics down, finally.

Melisande: I like my tops quite short, so unfortunately mens tees don't work for me. I have tried it before!:smile:

I sort of didn't think it would get that cold:innocent: But I am sure my stuff will melt and return to their original state. I saved a lot of money on electricity:P (I checked, and I am not responsible (financially) if the water pipes explode...)

I picked up a linen striped longsleeve top and a grey merino wool crewneck jumper in the sales. I also found some black jeans, and after hemming them by like 4 inches they now fit great. I feel like I have my winter basics down, finally.

Melisande: I like my tops quite short, so unfortunately mens tees don't work for me. I have tried it before!:smile:

You are a real optimist :wink:

My next-to-last apartment flooded when the outside pipes froze, and some @#$%^&* broke the rules afterward and used the faucet outside my apartment to wash his car. Ruined furniture, books, magazines, papers ... I will say that there is nothing like something being completely sodden to make you feel like throwing it out, no questions asked.

Melisande, I've pinned the skirt to my recommendations board. I know multiple stores bought the skirt, not sure where it's still in stock ... but the Lanvin boutique is probably a good place to start.

I actually had the shoes on with black jeans and my black cashmere sweater to wear to work on Friday ... the gold really pops, it's very bright compared to some of the metallic shoes I've had in the past. Just didn't feel good about how attention-getting they would be at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoellFan1997
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->